Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Barrington posted:

God drat I loving love these.

Everything in this thread reminds me of Brass Eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mnVWJpMhuE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Stex T posted:

I've found it. The worst graph in the world.

So where does the decoration end and the colour-coding begin

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Wapole Languray posted:

There's also the fact that we don't give a poo poo.

quote:

However, on September 23, 1999, communication with the spacecraft was lost as the spacecraft went into orbital insertion, due to ground-based computer software which produced output in non-SIunits of pound-seconds (lbf s) instead of the metric units of newton-seconds (N s) specified in the contract between NASA and Lockheed. The spacecraft encountered Mars on a trajectory that brought it too close to the planet, causing it to pass through the upper atmosphere and disintegrate.

Looks like people do give a poo poo, who'd have thunk it.