Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Pr really dragging its feet getting in that middle section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Closest I can offer:

Werther's originals too far up and to the right to fit on the graph.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I'm more concerned about the x axis.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Gum posted:

Also the lineup of the nerdiest heist ever

i call "hot air"

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
It's never the wrong decision.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Count Roland posted:

We all know this, and yet the thread spends maybe a 3rd of its time discussing such maps. And this isn't a bad thing.

Completely unrelated:

I know the negotiations are complicated and all but still surprised to see brexit has been ongoing for 18000 years now.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
15 years for vhs tapes with "extreme care" seems low. I've gotten lovely ones from flea markets that are twice that and play fine. Also basically everything that's watched on Best of the Worst.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has anybody else worked an hourly job overnight when Daylight Savings happens?

It's fun, in the Fall you have to work a 9 hour shift instead of an 8 hour shift, but you get your hour of life refunded to you in the Spring when you only work 7 hours.

I used to work 16 hour shifts on the weekend (3pm-7am) and once a year had to deal with ADP refusing to accept a 17 hour shift and invalidating my timecard.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Karia posted:

Uh, are you sure? If you told me it was the 2020th day of May, or that 2020 had been going on for three years already, I'd totally believe you.

you raise a good point, which is that all time is subjective and human attempts to measure or classify it are arrogant, doomed endeavors. this is why the only date format I use is ???/***/time/cube

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
well now i gotta see scrotum four

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

A real competitor knows you always have to give 230%.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

holy poo poo that's a lot of effort for what is ultimately a big bunch of made up bullshit

listen buddy if you got a better way to get rid of african leaders in the way of empire, a lot of people would love to hear it

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
"symbolic millennium" is a real cop-out

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

beginning to think we shouldn't have put ganandorf in charge of space force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Based on the highest numbers being clustered around the rate of white people in the U.S., I don't think this chart is listing anything like "predictive capability" whatever that means. I think it is just listing the percentage of each ownership group that are white i.e. If someone owns a pet in the US in 2016 there is a 63.4% chance they are white.

This is of course a terrible way to display the data for the point they are trying to make. Whether these numbers make for strong indicators doesn't depend on the raw numbers listed; it depends on how far those numbers are above or below the (unlisted) proportion of whites in the general population.