Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
All fuel metrics except mpkwh are relics, join the 21st century people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Platystemon posted:

Heretic!

Joules per metre or :getout:

Sorry, but here in the greatest country on earth we do things a little differently :smug: :patriot:

You are right of course, but my car has no way to enable that measurement.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

You can't post that chart without also posting the video of Cecile Richards clowning on Jason Chaffetz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlLLzw5_KM

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pakled posted:

I'm the 2% of Hillary supporters who believe she's an actual demon.

Satanists vote too

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

If I remember correctly, the artist was not told what the art was for, and was pretty pissed off when they found out.

So yes, Death by Guillotine.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sentient Data posted:

If this thread has to bitch about elections, can they at least be about somewhere in Africa or something? I'm sick of every thread being about trump

The last superpower is in the middle of a fascist coup right now, so the purely funny is going to be on the back burner for at least the next four years.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fathis Munk posted:

What the goddamn gently caress

In a Republican state one of the core goals is to make it as hard as possible to obtain or use government data.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TinTower posted:

Isn't Detroit under a Republican "emergency" administration?

I believe so, and they have absolute power and report only to the Governor.

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Apr 17, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fruit Smoothies posted:

I want to understand this but what?!

Holy poo poo! What it’s saying is how rich is the median person of a generation compared to the previous generations at the same age. So ever since the boomers medium net worth has been on a downward trajectory And millennials now have a median 84% less wealth than other generations at their age.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fathis Munk posted:

The formulation "as a proportion of the preceding cohorts wealth" indicates to me that we have 84% less than the previous generation, which has itself 48% less that its own previous generation. Indicating that each new generation has gotten poorer for a long time.

E: so we have 84% less than the the 81-85 generation, at the same age, but I guess its even worse when compared to the other generations.

Exactly, ever since the boomers generations have been getting poorer and poorer.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

stone cold posted:

my favorite part is musk's tough childhood in apartheid south africa what with his supermodel mom and going to private boarding schools

:airquote: tough :airquote:

Yeah but "Rich kid gets even more rich due to rich friends and family connections" doesn't sell as well.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TinTower posted:

There's an irony in TERFs being okay with Miranda Yardley, who is every bit the abusive boogeyman they claim all trans women are.

Enemy of my enemy...

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Subjunctive posted:

This is the least surprising thing ever. They’re bleeding cash, and need revenue faster than they can grow their base. They should have done what charities often do: give a checkbox to cover the processing fees if the donor wants to.

Well they’re really going to be in trouble when everyone migrates to d.rip

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
For members of a forum that pretty much created the Goatse phenomenon, y'all pretty slow on the uptake.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Don’t know about the rest but can confirm Florida is correct.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

OutsideAngel posted:

Hawaiian food is disproportionately popular in Hawaii?

There really aren’t that many native Hawaiians so compared to the rest of population yeah probably.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WHOMP there it jizz posted:

from the spaceflight thread

Holy poo poo, that Solar Probe Plus will be going almost 7 tenths light speed!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Whoa, no, not even close. That's 724,204 km/h, and c is 300,000 km/s. This thing will be going about 200 km/s at its peak. That's still crazy fast, but not remotely approaching 0.7c.

Ok, good to know I'm still rubbish at maths! :)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evobatman posted:

We used these for VPN at one place I worked, and they were great. They were literally the most reliable system we had.

We replaced it FOR NO loving REASON AT ALL with a program that displayed an image of two rows of numbers like this, second row randomized for each logon attempt:

So if your PIN is 5824, you look at the digit on the second row and enter 9158 and your password. Now imagine explaining that to hundreds of oil industry workers one by one.

and that IT managers name was Robby Mook

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

MrUnderbridge posted:

I keep telling my wife that her 1% Samoan result doesn't necessarily mean she had a Samoan ancestor, just that she has that marker, which could also be due to random base pair changes, but nope, I'm once again crushing her dreams.

Fortunately she is well aware of identity issues and isn't about to start eating taro root and claiming an ancestral longing for the south seas.

Taro is good though, Breadfruit too

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

It is a real thing but that's just obsessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xJfP7-HCc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Iron Chef Nex posted:

Only the flag from Apollo 11 got knocked over. The rest of the (successful) missions planted it a bit farther away from the LM. That's Apollo 16 commander Young with the jumping salute in the image. Also interesting: the red stripes on his suit there were added to the commander's head, arms, and legs so that folks could easily tell who was who in the mission pictures and video starting with Apollo 13 onward.

And it's been carried forward, this is STS-63