Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Neither graph nor chart, yet I think it still has a place in here:

0%. None of the given answers are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Funnily if 0% was an option, it would also be wrong :v:

It's because it's not there that it is the correct answer. The question doesn't ask you "which of the following answers is correct", but instead it asks "what is the likelihood of a 'random' draw being correct". You don't have to answer the question with one of the given answers.

The fact that you aren't given the odds of the draw (it doesn't say they are uniform odds, for instance) is a big hint. The only odds you can be sure of is that an answer that is not listed can not be drawn, so anything except for a draw of %25, %50, or %33 25%, 50%, or 33% has a probability of 0%, including "0%".

Ruzihm has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Apr 6, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

The question is asking for a description about a hypothetical situation. The situation happens to be "someone is randomly selecting from the following answers to answer this very same question." And in that hypothetical situation, that "someone" happens to be "you". You can tell it's a hypothetical situation because the given description of the situation starts with "If you..."

Of course the answer you provide in reality is not random. But it's a mistake to conflate what is hypothetically happening in the question's premise with what actually is happening. You don't need to actually fire a cannon to answer a ballistics question in a physics exam, for instance.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

spog posted:

Yeah, so the question+answer set is invalid.

Might as well pose the question:

What is 2+2?
a) 41
b) a tree
c) Geoff Hurst in the 1966 World Cup
d) pardon?

The question in the picture is not a multiple choice question

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Zemyla posted:

If it's longer than it's wide, then it's phallic
If it's longer than it's wide, then it's phallic
If it's shorter than it's wide
Then you turn it on its side
Now it's longer than it's wide
And it's phallic

I'm going to steal this.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Postal Parcel posted:

Is this a genetics thing or is it some sort of attack of the Bs?

I think it's supposed to represent a gene pool.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

:thejoke:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

HI, I'm not American, what is wrong with this phrase? I Googled 'Democrat party' and it only came up with the correct party, the worst thing I could find was a conservative party from Turkey that can be translated that way?

Wikipedia has an article on this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Outrail posted:

What the gently caress. I'd never heard of this. Are you all playing some weird gaslight games or something?

i think the wiki page is not great but it was a thing.

Imagine you have a Ph.D. who insists that everyone address them as "Dr. So-and-so". There were and are many who don't do it out of the pleasure of seeing them bluster about something so superficial. And now there are also many who don't do it out of simply hearing the ones around them not addressing them as "Dr". This second part is so widespread that it reinforces itself. That's basically the same dynamic as the "democrat party" thing these days.