Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Belonged here, I thought:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Ravioli is small boiled calzones, ie. pizzas, ie. sandwiches.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It kind of is thread specific - it happens when someone deletes a post in a thread. Any threads where that has happened get kind of "lost" when it comes to keeping track of new posts (I'm guessing there's some kind of counter that compares total posts in thread to highest recorded posts in thread or something). So most threads are fine but ones where that has happened get messed up forever.
A likely story, only hindered by the fact that you can't delete posts on this forum.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

(From the same site. This is deaths per millions residents. Note the scale is now linear.)
No longer looks that bad for the old U.S. of A.
All you're seeing is that the USA still has a plentiful reserve of people who have not yet died from this. If that was what you were hoping to see, then ok.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Every primer article I've seen on how to read corona graphs has been stressing how the only vaguely reliably comparable metric is the death growth rate. Ie. number of new deaths doubles in three days here, five days there.

E: current table of those here

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Apr 5, 2020

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I think you can feel smaller imperfections than .1mm on an otherwise smooth surface with your fingertips.

E: I guess such a smooth surface would have to have been made with tools.

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Apr 17, 2022

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Davidella, Davidina and Davidette

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Angepain posted:

How exactly do they measure progress toward godhood
The more mysterious its ways, the more god-like

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

More like covid cryptid

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah, the chart doesn't optimize for time at all. It's very much more like an absolute minimum energy expenditure to get there at all, ignoring exceptional gravity assist trickery. For which you'd be using the game's time warp functionality to get things to line up anyway. It reflects reality well enough in that there's no shortcut. You want an orbit that intersects with enough of the sun, you're going to spend the bulk of that delta v one way or another.

The real infinite time hack is waiting for the sun to expand around it, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Good luck doing anything, anything at all in space travel that isn't moving from one orbit to another.