Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
For anyone who's dismissing Pringles and hasn't had their paprika-flavoured edition, you are truly missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I get that it's a joke, but everything in this block

quote:

First, keep your datasets in check: don't be afraid to lop off those superfluous rows. You can't agonize over what doesn't exist. You'll also want to try to keep your visualizations as mundane as possible. Yes, you can create thousands of different vizzes with Tableau at a click, but tame your enthusiasm. People will only ask you to make more vizzes. In summary, if you aim for the middle, you'll really end up on top.

is corporate.txt :smith:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm a fan of NPS myself. I find it much more informative than a pass/fail, and it actually does what is says: nobody who's giving you a 6 or below will be a Promoter of what you're selling. It's effectively a "barely passing" grade and shouldn't be thought of as a good thing -- risk of customer flight is huge at that point.

Admittedly, I'd never rely on just the one NPS number on its own and would want to see the actual percentages for all three categories. But -- unlike about 90% of other corporate metrics -- it does its job well.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Phalanx Soccer looking great!

Also, how there wasn't such a game on the Amiga I'll never understand.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I name all my file revisions by including the number of seconds elapsed since 00:00:00.000 January 1st, 1904.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

AFewBricksShy posted:

That's fair, but on the other hand I grew up with (and use every day in my job) the imperial system for measuring distance, and metric is so much better it's absurd.

The difference is that you might/probably do some kind of arithmetic with the distance measurements, whereas you'll never really have to do that with temperatures (besides doing some basic stats like averages). That's why the benefits of metric subdivisions of units of length are immediately obvious compared to imperial's absolutely bonkers system, but the Fahrenheit scale still makes sense to you and there's no obvious benefit in switching if you're not in STEM or a fan of international cooking shows.

There's something weird about how people seem most passionate about temperature units though. Distance, volume, mass -- eh, we'll adjust. Temperature? OVER MY FROZEN BODY.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Platystemon posted:

Is this loss?

Yeah, loss of confidence.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Kennel posted:

Now post some graphs!

OK!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Queen Combat posted:

42.069 -> accordance concept, from goes in ISO it largest rearranged sentence smallest so structure with.

Alphabetical order, please.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

a lot of comedies are still really funny though. charlie chaplin is still funny. laurel and hardy. i love lucy. blazing saddles. the canard "comedies don't age well" is the problem really

Of the ones you listed, only Blazing Saddles had anything actually transgressive about it. The rest is not much more than slapstick.

And Brooks' films are actually a perfect example of "funny 40 years ago" aging badly -- look at the gay jokes in Saddles, Producers, Robin Hood. Those jokes are lazy at absolute best, and most likely (hopefully?) wouldn't be made today.

And I say that as someone who loves Mel Brooks.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Phlegmish posted:

That's President of the United States, it's saying Obama supports him.

Actually I'm not sure he does

It says Obama supports them all, but not equally.

Which is probably true, but I'd bet he's more of a Warren man.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

organburner posted:

Because the apartment wasn't using any power before I moved in so it went from 0 to something.

"Warning: your power consumption has increased by #DIV/0! percent."

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Goon Danton posted:

Ohhhh it's six sigma! Statistics but stupid and also a cult! But what's the DF? Dwarf Fortress Six Sigma? Are we making process control charts for our plump helmet harvests?

My guess is "Design For."

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
That map grossly underestimates the general potato-ness of Eastern Balkans.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Soricidus posted:

Are you under the impression that the countries and peoples of Europe are as they have always been since the beginning of time?

I don’t hear english people saying “well I’m a Saxon of course, really hope I can visit my roots in northern Germany one day”

That's because an American claiming Irish ancestry might be talking about grandpa moving to the US in 1920. An Englishman saying he's Saxon would have to be referring to an ancestor from... the fifth century?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I got it, eventually, but woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz2mmM-kN1I