Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That might be the worst color scale I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

For anybody who glanced too quickly at that graph and started to have bad emotions, Jones won and the chart is bad at indicating that fact.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Based on the map, that's the population of Georgia (the country), not Georgia (the US state).

edit: gently caress

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

No Weekly World News

It's out of print.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Angepain posted:

Yes, we have the points for one emotion, the lines for combinations of two, and the triangles for combinations of three, but what about hornangaduritude? We need to break out the tetrahedra, get a simplicial complex going, who's with me

All that's really needed is a Venn diagram.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You've got to go to the Wayback Machine to get that joke nowadays.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

OutsideAngel posted:

Hawaiian food is disproportionately popular in Hawaii?

And in Utah.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm the city or country of Bagel Dog.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A few years before the peak of UFO sightings, everybody started carrying around high-quality cameras at all times.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

whoever runs Supper Mario Broth has incredible posting strength

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In the context of pets, money can be used as a substitute for effort.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'd love to follow a thread about voting systems and the theory and math behind them. Link us if you make one

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The air pressure indoors is basically the same as the air pressure outdoors. But there's a difference in how much aerobic exercise, like running, is involved in playing the sport, and thus how much breathing is involved, and thus how much it's impacted by being acclimated to lower air pressure.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Do your parents know you're using this site?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That's sneaky.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are many historical incidents of reigning monarchs styling themselves "prince" but the polity they rule is usually considered a principality in that case.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

(standing up defiantly) I'm Max Flexibility!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

[turning to goon sitting next to me in the audience] the gently caress is NPS

Net Promoter Score

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

The medieval thing to do was to declare yourself above mere representational map-making, and to claim that your work had deeper abstract and symbolic meaning:

See how Jerusalem is at the center of it all [leaning back medievalishly] my work here is done time to draw some more silly rabbits doing human things

East is up on this map, right?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Omaha, Nebraska lies on the western border of the Midwest.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Workin' at the sales factory.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Just use the record and unit separator control characters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

I wanna know the WORST way to store data in plaintext.

If you assume that you'll want a computer to do math to it at some point, the worst way is natural language.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Albino Squirrel posted:

Uhh, the numbers are like 61K off for the evening commute. Does that mean that that many people stay later, or in a normal day does the Philadelphia central business district consume some 61,000 unlucky souls?

It says 7 AM to 7 PM, so it doesn't count people departing after.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It would save lives to stop loving with the clocks twice a year.

In regard to which configuration should be the permanent one, however, time is arbitrary. If the problem is that the sun sets before work ends, then either as a society we are capable of enough self-determination to schedule work on the basis of the sun instead of the clock, in which case we should do that, or we are not, in which case we are already slaves to the machine and we might as well debate what time zone should be used in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm the missing labels on the horizontal axes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Daid, Daiid, Daiiid, Daivd, Davd, David, Daviid, Daviiid, Daixd, Daxd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

redleader posted:

dirk gently is also definitely in the top left

It's hard to describe anything he does to a case as "solving" it.