Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's me, Barbara Stressad.

Of all the celebrities to know, this is the one huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Guess I'm never ordering a hot dog in West Virginia unless slaw means something else to them than it does in Texas.

it's probably cabbage and some other leafy veggies cut up and mixed with mayo, idk how yall do slaw tho

i like slaw without mayo by the by

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Mayo? :psyduck: Coleslaw dressing here in Texas is its own thing that's a lot lighter and a bit sweeter than mayo, kind of more like a white vinaigrette.

That's how they did it in Virginia, and yeah I don't get it either

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Cryptography.

He has a “tripcode”.

He enters a password known only to him and a distinctive string of characters attaches to his post.

It’s a one way process, so you can’t work backwards from the code to get the password. Without the password, you can’t get the code next to your own posts and impersonate Q.

To wish for the good ol days of 2007 (or whenever they were implemented like I remember) when anyone with a trip code was met with derision and mockery

Including moot

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what im getting from that is that chelsea hates its own team

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Platystemon posted:

That’s worse than base ten!

At least ten gets a new prime in its factorisation (2×5 vs. 24).

You know what would be better than a five? A three, giving us base six.

What’s that? You think six is an impractically small base? Well let’s add another two to its factorisation.

Oh poo poo now we have twelve.

Any base that isn’t colossally abundant is garbage for babies.
Haha yeah, I know what all this means and I agree with it, unless you're wrong in which case I disagree

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yo this was a pretty good read, thanks for posting :-)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i love how an-caps latched hard on the no government part of anarchism but decided the answer was to make corporations the defacto governing body

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pangstrom posted:

I think any flavor of anarchism or hardcore libertarianism would, in practice, quickly become either robocop corporatist hellworld or fascism hellworld or local warlords hellworld.

Ya probably but an-caps baked it into their philosophy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Potato is already a vegetable! They're all veggie snacks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i rate threads i like 1, because they're number 1!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jurgan posted:

It’s implied at times that Ricky beats Lucy.

doesn't he like, bend her over his knee and spank her multiple times? and not in a sexy way? seems like thats just literal abuse imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hey uh, what the gently caress vanity fair

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The democrats loving suck so really theres nothing wrong with saying democrat party

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Why is liberalism at the center?

Liberals are centrists so that seems fine?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Just think of it like being on a first name basis. If you'd call that person "Mr. Stevens" then you use sie. If you'd call him Hank, then you're close enough for du.

So only children use sie?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jeebus bob posted:

why does that video exist?

the comic in its original form with all text visible at once and no animations or music:
https://xkcd.com/977/

the animations make it instantly clear how the continents are being distorted by the projection, its actually pretty cool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

That certainly is a way to present data.

I am actually unable to read this, lol. Why do some have two lines but mumps only has one? Which line is which, why is there a color gradient

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
On that long a time frame it seems rather hard to seperate whether this is genetic lineage or convergent evolution tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dr_rat posted:

But humankind's banana genetics is our best genetics!

Who the hell would want to be less like a banana?

Like the hell???

Im allergic to bananas so please, someone cure me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Powershift posted:

A pie chart that has Morrison’s 43% approval as nearly half of a circle and his opponents 41% as just over a quarter of the same circle with 16% undecided occupying the remainder.

Perestroika posted:

Still had it in my cache:

But importantly, the guy in the lead was described as having his polls plummet, as if he had lost it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Why would you rinse the pasta after, the point is to have a nice hot meal

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like how old cars from the 70s look now, rusted, paint faded to an washed out mess, every car should look like that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Metal Gear Rising:Reveangence is a documentery

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zil posted:

I didn't think graphs were allowed to travel back in time like that.

How do graphs properly account for dst, at some point time travel happens (in the observing parts of the world, at least)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
What is unix time, i dont touch computers for a living, or a hobby

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its called rhyming slang and yet sleppos doesnt actually rhyme, the british remain the type of people id expect to not have murdered thier monarchs by 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's fair, there's a base level of civilization required before individuals can even get to the point of measuring distances and doing basic math.

From another perspective though, the average person will probably walk the circumference of the earth three or four times over the course of a lifetime. And that was probably way higher for pre-agricultural people.

I mean what this really says is "even with all the walking i do, i still only walk 3 of the earths circumferences in my life"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Spaceships and boots, basically the same thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Years ago my employer had a performance eval process that started with a self evaluation. Each question had you rate yourself from "1 - needs significant improvement" to "5 - is a role model to others." The last point you had to rate read "being a role model to others." Anyone who didn't pick 5 for that is stupid. I'd love to know how many people that is.

A lot of states require you to look for work to collect unemployment, and will take you off unemployment if you reject an offer. So answering the bullshit questions wrong to a job you dont want is a good way to still collect while waiting to find a job you actually want

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

M9 means checkmate is in 9 moves

The other stuff is just explaining that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im allergic to bananas, therefore they kill faster rather then slower

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

So was Cleopatra being insanely hot some kind of weird overflow error where incredible amounts of inbreeding for generations produced increasingly hosed up people until it somehow wrapped around to the other side?

Maybe they just thought the hapsburg chin was really fetching back then

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its wild he let 2000 people die and the public was like "dang i love bush now"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sweek0 posted:

I'm most amazed/shocked by the red square straight after the black one. How do you have 7+ drinks a day after you were blackout drunk?

Easily

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also its real easy to have sober days bc sometimes i dont have enough money to buy alcohol. Simple to understand imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

If I didn't know better, I'd say there's humor intended somewhere.

Tbf there are flat earthers out there so the "math isnt real" guy very well could exist