Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto
Sep 18, 2013

Pillbug

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

No I get that there's a method/logic behind it, I just want an explanation because I personally do not understand it. I looked up Labanotation and found that it's a thing, but even after reading wikipedia and another introduction I am lost.

Since someone here gets it I'd love them to explain

It made more sense to me on second glance, too (after initially looking like gibberish). The three intersecting lines in the middle are axes: light vs. strong, sudden vs. sustained, direct vs. flexible. The points at the corners of the cube represent movements or actions (of the human body I assume), each of which falls somewhere on the three axes. So, for example, the action "floating" is light, flexible, and sustained. "Flicking" is also light and flexible, but it is sudden rather than sustained. That distinction makes intuitive sense to me; some of the others are a little more obscure, but I imagine someone with the right background could explain them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU