Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Shamelessly stolen from SAL's student venting thread a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Peanut President posted:

I'm tired. This one isn't clicking.

That's plotting frequency of non-uniformly distributed shelf lives as the independent variable against temperature, which is like three different kinds of gently caress up. Temperature should be on the bottom and shelf life should be a linear scale on the side, with a scatter/line graph instead of column.

E: actually no bars don't necessarily mean frequency, it's saying that an MRE with a shelf life (which we can change at will) of X months will cause the surrounding area to be Y°. :psyduck:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Oct 25, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The over lap between files we want and files they have is the files we want from them, which combined with the label implies they got everything they wanted.

E;fb

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Maybe some Koreans just take things out on Japan whenever something happens? :v: (A plane crashes in Ukraine? Attack Japan! etc.)

Except that graph is in Japanese. Can anyone who reads Japanese confirm the overlaid translation is roughly correct?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pakled posted:

It's everyone's favorite chart!

Wow. I've seen this before without the "hole" label, so someone saw this totally quantative and objective chart without it and though "No , this isn't clear enough. Clearly I must repeat the evils of the :byodood: CHRISTIAN DARK AGES :byodood:"

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You could make the argument that it was manufactured in June 2015 and will last two years and they want to somehow represent the first part of that sentence but let's face it they're probably trying to trick you into throwing it out sooner so you have to buy more.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

From PYF stupid life hacks:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Judging by the "gee it's almost like it's random" comment, I think the OP of that one thought that the map existed to find a pattern.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Maybe that's when the creator of that graph thinks Islamic extremist terrorist groups started popping up? :shrug: Not like any of his other facts are straight.

"Transhuman Explosion" is quite possibly the best "would be a good band name" I've ever heard.

E: gently caress it's Transhuman Renaissance and Posthuman Explosion, those don't sound as cool. :saddowns: Also f;b with a more likely reason.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It looks like a map of the London Underground. It even has a legend.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

dpbjinc posted:

This graph would probably be just fine if they swapped Reading with one of the other columns, since most of the countries have Reading either higher or lower than Science and Math.

I'm guessing the point is to have the UK scores in ascending order, since it's black, bold and in the title. Maybe if it was more spread out, with fewer countries? The graph is an amazing combination of making perfect sense and being totally impenetrable.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

On the Quarter Pounder, the various patty sizes are called something like 3:1 and 4:1 etc., which could be ratios of a pound? :shrug:

This has to be fake. Come on. Please. :negative:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is this a graph? I don't know what this is. :magical:

Thanks to SAL Venting about Students

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh, and AFAIK because Electors are by state with a special exception for DC, citizens of Guam, Puerto Rico etc. can't vote.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh god I'm sorry I helped bring the derail to this page. :ohdear:

I'm mostly posting to unstick kalstrams' post

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It would be a reasonable chart, if not optimal, if it had more objective labels, as it is it's funny because

Ishamael posted:

GOO FACTOR

E: gently caress.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They're all the same chart so I'm assuming they've photoshopped a decent, for a pie chart, chart over a stock image of a bunch of ecstasy pills falling out of a bottle, then removed any hint of being remotely clever.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oooh ok yeah that's bad.

I was phoneposting when I first saw the graph, in my defense. :downs:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is not so much awful, more funny in what it means. The numbers are average OKCupid compatibility scores for that starsign combination.

Well, :rip: the idea that that meant anything. :v:

I can't take credit for this by the way, I found it catching up on the pseudoscience thread in SAL.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You're probably joking, but in any case the odds of made-up match percentages being so uniform is astronomically (:v:) low.

They don't claim to be science but afaik it's a consistent method of generation.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

PYF awful/funny graphs and charts: up to infinite bears

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Excuse me? :mad: That's not a very nice thing to call me. :colbert:

E: last time I made a joke without a :v: poo poo indirectly hit the fan so this is a disclaimer

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If I was an "other" voter I would probably be pretty mad at being lumped in with undecided.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pakled posted:

Best use of pie charts I've seen in a long time.

I mean, at least they provided the numbers? I wonder why teachers is highlighted. Probably this:

Outrail posted:

No cross reference that with salary and benefits.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well the way the Newrose is presented I don't think they actually expect people to use it, it's just a proof of concept.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Japan uses kilometres, so it could have been dictated by Nintendo. Or even just consistency for an app that's going to have to work worldwide.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I am completely failing to get over their use of "wing span". :psyduck: I didn't even notice the actual glaring dumb issue at first.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I enjoy that the US has a higher China than its US, and vice versa.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually, the politically correct term is Minor-Attracted Pers- :barf:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No ring.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hehe, "high" support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Goon Danton posted:

Still my favorite. You can watch their hopes die in real time!

My favourite part of this is the green line where they actually do predict at least an initial drop before the pipe-dream turnaround and still manage to be wrong. :allears: