Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
Where on earth did you find such a travesty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Here have this abomination, where the scale is so bad it doesn't even encompass all (perceived and non-data based) points

Quoting this so it doesn't get lost with the scale chart, because... god drat, how does this even make sense? Who looked at this and said, "Yup, that describes political philosophies perfectly."

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
The source: http://blog.jim.com/ (please don't touch the poop) Yes, it's an MRA blog.

Someone in the comments points out that WW2 happened. He points out that fertility started going up during WW2, so that certainly couldn't explain it, and wars don't explain the drop during the 70s. Someone points out that contraception became a Thing during the 70s. He points out we've had contraception since the Bronze Age.

Ironclad reasoning behind that chart.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

I think this is kinda cool. My kids have a ton of questions about how big/deep the earth is (they like to dig in our backyard) and this could help answer it.

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

zedprime posted:

The internal earth on the surface thing is extremely triggering my revulsion for doing calculus on the surface of a sphere

Ngl my mind started wondering what projection that was