Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Not even the numbers work. A decimal, a whole number, then a range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I would love to see an overlay of salary per film. I bet he's making a pile of loot for those poo poo movies.

Uhm? No... this is the bad graph thread that information should be represented on another unlabeled x axis.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

One time in high school my friend had some shirt, I can't even remember what it was exactly , but it was some political thing with two dudes running for office. He wanted me to write "BOTH SUCK" on it in big black letters, so I obliged.

He ran around the rest of the day getting mocked with a shirt that had "BOLTH SUCK" on it. No idea what happened. I just shorted out drawing it on there I guess.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Hemingway To Go! posted:

here's a graph that makes it clear that ffxi is a good and fun use of time

So this was actually one of the most fun things to do in the whole game.

Not that it means much!

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Drug convictions by type and state.

https://www.axios.com/what-are-the-most-popular-drug-crimes-in-my-state-2498649435.html

Phone posting so no image. But it's interactive anyway.

They try to position dots to match state locations and you get stuff like NC west of SC which is west of DC, and a line of states in the lower right...

itskage has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Oct 22, 2017

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

There was a good radio lab on these self driving dilemmas. The one big point was that no matter what people choose in situations like these quizzes, the end result is that the cars always need to do whatever possible to protect the occupants. Otherwise nobody would say that they'd use a self driving car.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Unreal_One posted:

They really did treat 500 square feet as 500 feet, squared. Jaysus.

Oh my god this is exactly what they did. Holy poo poo how is this real?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

They did it like 2500 ft squared vs 500ft squared.

So 2500x2500 / 500x500 = 25 500sqft houses fit into a 2500sqft house. You know instead of the obvious 5.

Someone made this whole graphic and didn't stop and go "hey this doesn't sound right..." What is the source? It has to be fake, right?

E: god it's even worse since you can see the bar graph at the top clearly shows the 2500sqft house being 5x bigger than the 500sqft.

itskage has a new favorite as of 11:22 on Nov 22, 2018

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, this is kinda just a sex-oriented version of weird infomercial products.

Now I'm picturing the "r/wheredidthesodago" moments for this. Black and white clip of Girl unzipping a guy's pants to find a floppy penis, upset look and big X over screen. Annoyed looking wife reading in bed as husband walks in wearing gimp suit.

Complete with voice over "and other forms of communication can be difficult and hard to use" as guy texts "hey girl dtf??" And dick pic. Then camera pans up to show it went to his grandmother. Cut to upset reaction then face palm.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

When the gently caress did Glenn beck become santa claus?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Why is it a pyramid? That implies that the lovely crisps make a foundation for the better ones which makes no sense.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

It works if 0 is right after the E on "Don't impeach and remove"

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Oh my god I'm catching up on the thread since not checking since Feb and ran into this.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

The flu kills an order of magnitude or two more, yearly, without the world freaking out. The coronavirus family causes a respiratory disease colloquially known as the common cold, that’s not my fault.

Combine the two informations and it’s not people like me who are downplaying the infection, it’s the world governments and media who are screaming like crazy about it and trying to create a panic to distract from their local crimes and misdeeds.

So basically, yes, there’s a cold going around in China, and that map makes it perfectly clear. It also makes clear how much bullshit the whole mass hysteria is. I stand by my judgement that it is a good map for showing what it shows.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

My point isn’t that the flu kills orders of magnitude more every year, it is that it kills orders of magnitude more, every year, without every news organization and government in the world tripping over themselves to make it sound like the Black Death had Ebola’s love child.

Yes it is a real disease that really kills real people and it’s really tragic, but things do need to be kept in perspective and at the end of the day it’s just an overblown cold, and the common cold also kills real old and real sick real people every year, except in complete obscurity.

Lmbo reading this was already a big "oh no" but then this:

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Yeah, let’s just shelve the derail for a couple of months until the panic has died down and covid-19 has gone the way of SARS, the swine flu, and countless others before it. I’m sure the alarmist idiots will be very quick to congratulate themselves for stopping what undoubtedly would have been the next Spanish flu if not for their heroic efforts :newfap:

"A couple of months" it's so perfect I can barely handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

I have to be honest, my first reaction upon hearing of the corona virus was the same. Changed pretty quickly, though.

Yeah it's just nutty in hindsight. Nothing personal against herstuddmuffin.