Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Planck temperature temprachur as the Y-axis maximal. Nicely done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

First/Last letter abbreviations are the worst and these three have always annoyed me the most:
IA - two strong options of IO or IW but they went with a weak third option
LA - LU is my preference but LO is also superior; I can't not think of Los Angeles whenever I see this one
GA - bad but I'm also not set on what would be a good alternative...perhaps GG?

Other mentions:
ME - not a good one but all other options impinge on another state
NE - I was going to sarcastically write that it was nice of them to not use the superior NB to avoid confusion with New Brunswick...but it turns that was exactly what happened in 1969!

Honourable mention to Quebec for changing to the more sensible QC from PQ (La province de Québec) in the early 90s.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

I almost had Missouri on my list too but they suffer a similar problem to Maine. Their obvious alternatives would be either MU or MR which aren't much better than MO IMO.

MZ is clearly the correct choice for them.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

Here are my evil goals if I were a James Bond villain:

(1) increase the rotational speed of the Earth slightly so that a day is exactly 86,400 seconds
(2a) slow the orbit of the Earth so that it completes an orbit in exactly 360 days
(2b) institute a new calendar of 12 months - 30 days/month - 6 days/week (4 being weekdays and 2 being weekends)

Banana Canada has a new favorite as of 17:20 on May 21, 2020

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

I'm not sure if I'm applying Kepler's 3rd Law correctly but my quick calculation indicates a 360 day orbital period would put us at 0.99 AU which means we're still well in the habitable zone.

Deformed Church posted:

Do you have any openings for henchman? I would be willing to move to a volcanic island and get a weird prosthetic for the cause.

I'm pretty sure that I could accomplish (2a) if I had a volcano with an on/off switch. Not sure about (1) though.

And oops, (2a) should have said "speed" and not "slow".

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

DontMockMySmock posted:

It's actually 5.3 popes per square mile, according to the area number I got off Wikipedia (0.19 sq miles).

You're short a pope. It's currently 10.5 ppm^2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003

Outrail posted:

How could Zed or Zee have anything but one syllable?

"ee-zed"

Not that I've heard it pronounced this way any time recently. I think my mother occasionally said it this way in my childhood.