Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Montana is definitely because they have that "no speed limit during the day" law. MS, and SC are probably because of really lovely roads, and it's full of drunk rednecks.

No longer true, actually - while Montana has on the books the "General Speed Law" that used to govern highway speeds (that is, a speeding ticket can be written for any vehicle travelling at 'speeds unsafe for the conditions'), there is a day-and-night speed limit on all highways and interstates now. Bear in mind this was only brought about when federal road funding was threatened to be revoked unless a limit was put in place.

Instead, blame should be cast on Montana's incredibly lax DUI laws - a DUI is not a felony offense until the fourth within five years.

As an additional fun fact, open container laws weren't state-wide until about 2009 - prior to that, it was per-city or per-county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

WrenP-Complete posted:

From that same community:

I love to hate this one. I love how it doesn't distinguish between a bunch of - what would seem to be - important categories.

Edit: Community here was the Omegaverse, not Chicago.

All bow before the Omnihomo

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Was quite distressed to see the one flyout county name was not actually "PEASANTS" on re-read.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Montana determined to be literate, come hell or high water

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
I'm from Montana and I've never seen a cranberry pie in my life

Well, there, I helped

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Scarodactyl posted:

Where in Montana though? My mom is from the highline so I've been through several times and sampled many pies, including *checks notes* wait, a cranberry pie? What is that I've never even seen that.

Missoula and the Flathead lake area. As for Havre, you can have 'er, oh ho ho ho

I mean it's a given that these "Most popular <x>" maps are both poorly/inconsistently curated and that there's a lot of handwaving involved, but I'd think given this one it's a miracle one of the favorite pies wasn't 'green bean'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

packetmantis posted:

Gay people don't exist anymore, rip.

I can only speak for me but I simply don't have room for this survey bullshit on my gay agenda