Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Vorpal Cat posted:

They really should have had shelf life as the Y axis because your brain interprets larger bar as better, when on this graph its the smallest bar that has the largest shelf life.

The bigger problem is that the shelf life measure is not on a linear scale, logarithmic scale or anything so any conclusions you make on the relationship between shelf life and temperature based on the shape of the graph is bullshit.

1 2 6 18 36 40 48 60 - I mean, really?

Someone basically picked the wrong graph type in Excel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Libertarianism is so goddamn stupid

It is an SA reference. Look up Toblerone Triangular because he did do an awesome thing.

He is also responsible for "purestrain gold".

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

ikanreed posted:

You're forgetting the only democracy in the Middle East, Iran.

But you see they are not a Western Liberal Democracy!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I see the really strong relationship between these two variables over time...

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Zereth posted:

I'll take your word for it, i doubt the original is going to give any context on "rourd" anyway

It's "round". Though that doesn't help my understanding.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Somfin posted:

I'm interested in what they define as "education" because a lot of hard-right tertiary institutions are pure indoctrination centers

As a famous man once said: "They have been educated stupid."

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Somfin posted:

Another one advertising the same bad scatter plot site. I don't think it's meant to be understandable but even so this is something else.

Are those all created as parodies? Third one in a similar style and two have the X axis messed up in the same way (for the third the X axis doesn't have value labels).

I get what they are going for but I don't think that graph really maps out what the commentary says...

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

It's Ha*b*sburg btw.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Platystemon posted:

India has entered the game.

They'll never top the charts because they can't keep score.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Honj Steak posted:

They do the same stuff in Scandinavia. It just leads to people paying ridiculous amounts for booze, but they don't really drink less.

The systembolaget isn't too bad these days. One interesting thing is that they often get some good booze at better prices and often the price is more guided by alcohol content than quality.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

80% of the time I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I just take my cue from other goons and add a 'lol' or 'lmao what a bad graph', hoping that no one will notice that I don't understand statistics

Which circuit are you a judge in?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

This one is just a reflection of a bad underlying system though.

"Do you want to bet that Congress will fully subsidize COBRA?"

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

trapped mouse posted:

Ah, fair enough on that point, but after reading through the thread I still disagree with his opinion on montage songs and a lot of folks in the replies seem to disagree as well.

Going by the content of the tweets he likes stuff that directly drive the plot forward of directly relate to the characters who drive the plot forward. Generally down on things fleshing out the mood or setting or otherwise potentially interpretable as "filler". He is down about the "It's Nature Time", "Here’s A One Note Character", and, I think, "The Drug Song" as well.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

My company has a large continental European office and a large US office. Don't ask me about how annoying it is that the decimal point is a decimal comma over there instead.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sardonik posted:

How the hell do CSV files work over there? Does everyone just use bar delimited? Escape characters everywhere?

CSVs are the devil's work as well.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Tree Goat posted:

shades of the nro's "only climate change chart you'll ever need"

That line still looks worrying in that view.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

lol, that's one way to spin that net favorability. The only thing that has broad agreement is that he has a lot of personality...

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Platystemon posted:

The one that’s been going around is the 2003 edition.

The 2015 edition has Africa connected.

Presumably the earlier editions didn't have the African maps available?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Where the gently caress is Staten Island?

The spunk is out of the picture.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

From the SAL discord:
https://twitter.com/HaydenMaths/status/1275640960081375232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Beautiful!