Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

HardDisk posted:

TBH the WTC fell flat for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Wait, what? There are elections for public officials that are part of an internal party election not open to the public in general?
Yup. Some states have what are called closed primary elections, where only registered members of the party can vote for who the party's nominee will be. Other parties have open primaries, where you don't have to be a registered member of the party, or of any party.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

hooah posted:

"Mohammedans"?
1.6 billion was around-ish the turn of the 20th century, when Mohammed(i)an was still a commonly used term for Muslims. :shrug:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

dpbjinc posted:

Spotted this in the Gay Marriage thread in D&D:

What it looks like: Every state except California allows evil people to murder trans people and get away with it!

What it actually means: In California, this defense will not work because the law says so and the judge will strike it from the record. Elsewhere in the US, this defense will not work because the prosecution isn't going to let psychopaths on the jury.
Except trans panic (and gay panic) defenses actually do work a non-zero amount of the time.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Cat Hatter posted:

I'd answer 50% and explain that the answer couldn't possibly be A or D because its impossible to be both. Picking randomly between the two valid answers yields 50% probability of being correct.

Not that it matters, this is a "one hand clapping" question where there isn't a right answer and they just want to see how you thought through it.
I can clap with one hand easily. :colbert:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Rodina's a far-right Russian political party. I assume Alanya is similar.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Russia Today: Famed for promoting freedom.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

These are some of the weirdest dildos I've ever seen

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Graph doesn't have roller derby, 0/10

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

They skipped it because 7 8 9 :haw:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

A loaf of bread is a sandwich

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Are people supposed to masturbate to this?
Well it does have a lot of wieners in it.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Norway why?
It kind of makes me want to try a hot dog rolled up in lefse, even though I'm pretty sure that would be a terrible combination.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Zemyla posted:

I'm pretty sure HRT for transwomen does shrink the penis. This is something most of them don't have a problem with.
It shrinks the balls a lot of the time, but dick shrinkage is very much YMMV and can range from moderate shrinkage to none at all.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Pakled posted:

There are definitely some groups on the left I'd classify as "regressive" who use aspects of leftist or progressive ideology to justify racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. Like TERFs or Hoteps or leftists who are against immigration from a "the capitalist class uses immigration to drive down the price of labor" perspective.

But those groups are never who conservatives are talking about when they say "regressive left" so
I'm not even sure I'd call TERFs as a whole eftists at all given how many of them are also virulently racist, anti-choice, etc.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

ishikabibble posted:

Anti-choice? Are you still taking about TERFs? Because there's no way someone qualifying for 'Radical Feminist' would be anything but pro-choice.
They are radical feminists in much the same way that North Korea is democratic or a people's republic.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Like loving every other source of information in this day and age, critics accuse the IEA who projected the data in that graph of being mostly controlled by the industries they're supposed to supervise.

In particular they constantly underestimate renewables production capacity, instead suggesting sequestration and nuclear as the only viable solutions to climate change.

Probably that graph was created by an aggrieved greenie who views them exactly that way.
Doubt it, the greenies tend to be terrified of nuclear power

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Hasn't it just been the F35 for like the last decade or so? Maybe people have just learned to recognize what it looks like and don't get excited anymore.
It can't be that, UFOs are usually up in the sky.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

Nah there's still a lot of spooky stuff flying around the southwest/midwest but it's mainly drones or prototypes for stuff like the B-21 or the alleged Project IX stealth transport/tanker.
See, that to me just looks like an attempted revival of the the A-12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Ah yes, fascism, well known for being closer to freedom than to slavery, and only slightly less free than anarchism.

Every anarcho-communist looking at that graph: :confused: