Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone not rooting for the Cubs is Hitler.

If the Cubs can manage to finally break through and win a World Series this year of all years with the whole BTTF 2 thing I think the universe will implode.

The Cubs destroyed Kang's knee and it was obviously intentional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Marte would have surely gunned down Schwarber if he attempted 2.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Well Gerrit Cole pitching a shutout was only the least miraculous way for the Pirates to beat Arrieta tonight. There's still blind luck and then effective offense available

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

The Cubs intentionally broke a man's knee

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Last swaggin Pirates play of the season

gently caress you NL Central in general

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Well at least if my team is eliminated I get to officially stop caring about this poo poo sport.

edit: hey look the strike zone grew

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Poonerman posted:

awfully hard to win when even your hard hit balls go right to fielders

Yeah or maybe the 6 strikeouts

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Popete posted:

Away team in a Wild Card game. That's some Cubs luck right there.

Away team in a Wild Card game with the Cy Young pitcher boo loving hoo (longer gibberish/cursing rant redacted)

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

Lol he stuck his fingers out to get hit

I can't imagine it was intentional

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Popete posted:

That was not an intentional HBP.

If he puts another ball there he probably should be ejected so he can learn to pitch better

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Well I think Arrieta looked a little bit vulnerable last inning. The inning with the HBP and 2 Ks is the one i'm talking about :(

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Ejection is fine here, gently caress this guy

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Haha, I love the Pirate fans yelling throw him out when it clearly wasn't intentional.

Who cares at this point? Twice in two innings and you think it's okay that he hits people near the head?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Senf posted:

you don't eject people for dumb poo poo in a one game playoff

Yeah gently caress you, the dude could have hit Cutch in the face pitching like that. Really gently caress you.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Popete posted:

No but seriously Arrieta is not trying to injure Pirates players. It makes zero sense when you think about it. He has had some control issues especially with his fastball tonight.

Hey fan of the team that obviously intentionally injured Kang

Arrieta is not intentionally missing but uh

He's placing balls in the area of RHP heads frequently

He's a loving safety hazard regardless of whether my feelings are hurt so I don't really want to see him get many more chances

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I'm not a fan of retaliation

But if he had been ejected then it wouldn't be a problem

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

A Cubs player sprang knee first into Kang's knee. He knew that his action would possibly destroy a man's career and only shed one single tear. Playing the game the right way is a heavy burden to bear.

Then Maddon lightened the mood by saying Kang had "plant-hard fasciitis."

Several weeks later the Pirates lose again in a Wild Card game.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Popete posted:

Im not sure you understand how baseball works. Coghlan was not intentionally trying to hurt Kang. It was a bad slide that should be banned, but again not intentional.

I don't think you understand how jumping into people's legs works. Coghlan had to understand the consequences of his choice. My understanding is that it was technically a legal baseball play, but the rule is dangerous and Coghlan is a lovely person.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

"Here's Jordy Mercer"

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Raylen posted:

can't wait to see how "whiny rear end" you become when the Cardinals are beating you :qq:

Yeah the team with a two man rotation should definitely be in the playoffs

Dangerous AF

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Bregor posted:

Raylen/Moxie: :qq:

Normally Pirates fans are cool and good so I'll chalk this up to being down in a lovely one game playoff.

Yeah I have a lot of negative emotion right now that I didn't really want to have tonight. I'm going to be a lot happier once baseball is over.

But I think I can stand by what I've said enough to feel safe telling you to go gently caress yourself

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I don't know if Raylen said it was intentional or not but I guess strawmen are easy to attack

Arrieta hit two dudes up around the head unintentionally, he can take a loving seat before he actually hurts someone. It's actually worse that it was unintentional, it could happen again at anytime.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Dexo posted:

That I understand trust me, minus the small market stuff. But no need to be super irrational and unironically think Arietta is hitting dudes on purpose or doing anything malicious.

No one thinks this

Why are you trying to score cheap points on this, your team injured the Pirates grievously and is in the process of handing them a devastating home WC loss

Try harder

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Senf posted:

If pitchers were tossed from games for their lovely pitching then like a third of the league's pitchers wouldn't ever finish an outing you idiot

How common is it really to get two HBP high and tight in the same game?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

MichiganCubbie posted:

Is Russell ok? He looked maybe hurt there.

Maybe he has TOOTBLANhard fasciitis

I hope so

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Players throw at dude's heads intentionally all the time when they have a slight lead in a do or die game. That's just smart baseball.

Throwing a fastball directly at a starter who's shutting you out is completely unintentional, though.

Hey I couldn't help but notice you are refuting things I didn't say

In fact I said the opposite of those things

Sorry I'm super frustrated with the game you guys but

This isn't cool man

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Hey I might never post in a baseball thread again but I just want to say

Coghlan intentionally injured Kang and Joe Maddon joked about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Emanuel Collective posted:

ppl just don't know how to react to the Cubs and Northwestern Wildcats being the centers of their respective sports

Does Northwestern have a really good volleyball team or something

• Locked thread