Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/07/investing/ken-griffin-citadel-divorce-settlement/

quote:

A spokeswoman for Cook County Circuit Court confirmed that Griffin, founder and CEO of Citadel in Chicago, settled the case on Tuesday, dissolving his marriage with Anne Dias Griffin.
The couple entered into talks earlier this week, avoiding a public trial that was scheduled to begin Monday.
Griffin manages a $24 billion hedge fund empire, and filed for divorce in July 2014. The two have been married 11 years and have joint custody of their three children.
"Irreconcilable differences and difficulties have caused the irretrievable breakdown" of the marriage, according to a court document, noting that they have lived apart for at least six months.
The court has not revealed the details of the settlement. Mrs. Griffin had sought $1 million in monthly expenses, including $300,000 for the use of a private jet, $160,000 for hotels and $2,000 in stationary costs.
Griffin made $950 million in 2013, making him the fifth highest paid hedge fund manager, according to Institutional Investor's Alpha. He made $3.9 billion between 2009 and 2013, according to Alpha.
Anne Dias Griffin has argued the pre-nup should be thrown out because she was coerced into signing it. Ken Griffin's lawyers have argued the agreement should stand.
The court would not release financial details of their divorce agreement. Lawyers for both sides were not immediately available for comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

I'd pork but I probably wouldnt answer her calls

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
SEE THIS IS WHY FEMINISM IS RUINING AMERICA

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Anne Dias Griffin has argued the pre-nup should be thrown out because she was coerced into signing it.

loving love this argument. Oh I signed a contract? Poor me boo hoo I was forced how could I have known, now give me a private jet bitch.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
he should have know better than to marry someone named oval office Wife smdh

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
She spends more on pens and paper clips than I spend on everything put together.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
She definitely has pictures of him loving a goat if he settled when he has billions of dollars and a pre nup on his side

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
this does not impact me in any way

however I impacted ops mom for lots less than $1mm a month so there's that

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

quote:

$2,000 in stationary costs

That's a lot of money to just stand still.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Aralan posted:

She definitely has pictures of him loving a goat if he settled when he has billions of dollars and a pre nup on his side

Honestly since David Cameron's story has blown over I'm not so sure evidence of bestiality or even necrophilia can do much to damage personal reputation anymore. :shrug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

excellent choiice of picture here

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I like how the courts can assign huge payments in these rich people divorces because that's the lifestyle they've come to expect but they can't just take rich people's money and give it to someone who literally can't afford food or shelter. Median household income in the us is something like 50/year, this could literally subsidize 20 lower middle class families completely.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eat

the

rich

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how the courts can assign huge payments in these rich people divorces because that's the lifestyle they've come to expect but they can't just take rich people's money and give it to someone who literally can't afford food or shelter. Median household income in the us is something like 50/year, this could literally subsidize 20 lower middle class families completely.

"accustomed to this lifestyle" is the biggest load of horse poo poo ever imo

bitch your rich husband had a private plane and now you're getting divorced that doesn't mean you're entitled to $300k/mo for a private jet of your own. except in this country it does mean that because reasons

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Overwined posted:

That's a lot of money to just stand still.
Who even writes letters anymore, what is she using stationary for.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
shes flying too close to the sun with the jet poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnB6NrSNMI

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

It somewhat makes sense with kids, not with adults though.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

quote:

$2,000 in stationary costs.

Those must be some expensive notepads

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

ArbitraryC posted:

well see she earned that million dollars a year by letting that guy plow her for 11 years, if those poor people want that money they need to work for it and spread 'em

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

being a trophy wife is seriously expensive guys, the polish for the base alone costs hundreds of dollars a month

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Tangentially, American Greed is one of the only shows on a CNN network worth watching.

http://www.cnbcprime.com/american-greed/

Never fails to amaze me.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

he should have know better than to marry someone named oval office Wife smdh

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
who gives a gently caress? That money wasn't going to feed 20 poors or w/e before they got divorced, why should it after?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get why she's the oval office? This will not impact his life and she gave him children. Deal with it. He would have spent as much on single serving sex.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sucks 4 u fozzy bear

shoulda just sacked up and put a hit out on her.

waka waka

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Aralan posted:

My money's on being a kid diddler. He has the same eyes as the dad from 7th Heaven.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

jackyl posted:

who gives a gently caress? That money wasn't going to feed 20 poors or w/e before they got divorced, why should it after?
It was more to put things in perspective than anything, I just felt this example highlighted misplaced priorities.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mr rich man im willing to bash her skull in with a hammer for thje low price of $100,000 a month for the rest of my life

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

lol you would hang up on the bitch and in your stoned state she would take me to the country club

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
dude "made" 3.9b in four years, he could write her a check for like 50 years of that alimony and loving laugh in her face and fly off on a jetpack

we should be killing all of these people, like with our bare hands in the most brutal way possible

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa posted:

dude "made" 3.9b in four years, he could write her a check for like 50 years of that alimony and loving laugh in her face and fly off on a jetpack

we should be killing all of these people, like with our bare hands in the most brutal way possible

i think we should do it humanely.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Oh and my bad, 20 was for just 1 million so it's actually that each month you could feed and home 20 families for an entire year for that much. That would be 240 families total a year, even more jarring of a figure as that would be over 500 people factoring in your 'typical household'.

naem
May 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

bitch your rich husband had a private plane and now you're getting divorced that doesn't mean you're entitled to $300k/mo for a private jet of your own. except in this country it does mean that because reasons

Laws are written to make divorce pricey so rich dudes are slightly less likely to swap wives every two years

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
If you are that rich isn't it more logical\rational to buy a wife or just go stag and gently caress all the bad bitches.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

texaholic posted:

If you are that rich isn't it more logical\rational to buy a wife or just go stag and gently caress all the bad bitches.

these guys want sons, and dinner, and live in punching bags

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

texaholic posted:

rich people are just as retarded as the rest of us, more so because they can afford mistakes

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm happy about whatever pisses you commies off.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like we can take 1 million a month from this guy to keep the life style his ex-wife is accustomed to but we can't take that 1 million a month to feed, clothe, and shelter, ~240 families or around five hundred people a year. There's just something really depressing about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

ChairmanMeow posted:

these guys want sons, and dinner, and live in punching bags

All services for hire that would inevitably be less expensive than paying out alimony and child support.

• Locked thread