Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hello guys I'm here to help wrap this up.

But not tonight.

I'll get started tomorrow. I need to sleep now. You know I'm good for it.

xoxo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Does this seem weird to anyone else? We go from 2 NKs on n1 to 0 on n2 but we have someone who claims they know they've been poisoned which makes the poisoner effectively useless while a doc is alive.

Just a general MD? I thought that to protect from a poisoning you need a specific antidote doctor or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Can someone quickly explain how it was that CPig was killed D2 but then we didn't actually execute anyone D2?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gulag... seems ok. I liked his response to Kashuno. Defensive and a bit OMGUS but with some shrewd observations that read town.

Poison Mushroom posted:

What the gently caress is this? This sounds a lot worse than GOTG, IMO, because it was immediately after posting what looks like a pretty weak case on standard CPig behavior.

##vote SSV

This is a terrible vote on SSV. After that Pmom's been all about the puzzles. What game are you trying to actually play here?

Taste is... being even less insightful in this game than I've seen him of late. His one mindedness on Hal is odd. Lean scum.

GoG and I agree on a lot of things.

I can't read Hiip. I don't know what he's going on about or where he stands. Though this was funny to read in his sequence in within his posts:

I don't trust Jon Joe. A lot of vapid votes that seem to just follow the crowd and he just kinda plays it cool with the less serious nature of this game overall and doesn't get involved.

I'll admit I visibly skimmed Kashuno, Punt, and Asiina. I'll get back to them but I need a break for now.

Ninja: Bolded names for clarity

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

To those that voted SSV I ask why?

So between Taste, Jon Joe, and Pmom, I think Jon Joe is the most suspicious. ##vote Jon Joe

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's only one post but considering it's Gulag that may be enough. I really liked this one post:

GulagDolls posted:

I said I don't think postcount matters because it is so early in the game, yes, and then made another point about how making a bunch of posts is not a necessary requirement for sounding fake as GOTG implied, and in fact an artificial quality in posting is something that tends to seep through in individual posts and not in someone's entire posting 'style' as a whole.

I don't like how you attempted to frame my post. It's very dishonest. I think you are attempting to appear town by jumping on me because it gives you more of an excuse to not make a significant comment on the other potential murder candidates, and possibly because one or more of them is your scumbuddy.

I also dislike this statement of an obvious mafia truthism for no reason. Furthermore, I am OMGUSing you with my spaghetti strat, and you will surely die by chainsaw defense. LYLO. ##vote Kashuno

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It the one that seemed to have a coherent strand of thought running through it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gulp. That seemed pretty coherent.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

jon joe posted:

##vote Kashuno I roleblocked him last night.

If you were going to be so direct about it, why wasn't it the first thing you said today?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

jon joe posted:

Because I wanted to see if anyone else would own up to stopping the NK/I was being really lazy as my eyes glazed over at the thought of reading this thread.

Also isn't it possible that the poison was the scum's doing and you just stopped some other action?

I feel it's high time I read Kashuno's post history.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

why would mafia choose delayed kill over kill, if they could do one or the other..

Couldn't acclerate the end-game by staggering it that on one night you get not only a poison death but also the NK?

I just started reading but Kashuno hasn't claimed has he? Like whatever other action he could've been doing?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I really like this response before it got condescending at the end there. It was a good response and clarification of the post I questioned.

##unvote

Kashuno posted:

Will I die because you will shoot me with your scum powers?

Wow. I want to OMGUS your butt right about now. You did the EXACT SAME THING I did. Clarification=coherence. You even had a dumb vote after Gulag's response. You butt :argh:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Punt is being weirdly obtuse here. There's definitely scenarios where we could have a bunch of 3p with different win cons and scum that outnumber town without the game being over, and that doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility for a cyoa

Kash's had a couple of posts like these that feel like he's been role-hunting. I didn't much care for his D2 game nor was his SSV vote stellar but I feel better about his D3 content.

Were it not for his butt moment and Jon Joe's claim I probably wouldn't feel as inclined to vote him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I think Punt's insistence to kill Hal is scummy. Town wouldn't be as threatened by the appearance of a unknown 3rd party figure as scum would. Punt's poisoned though. Who's to say there isn't a town poisoner?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

the game has been leading to a lynch of either punt or hal so him siding with the one that isn't him and joining half the game isn't all that scummy tbh.

I'd argue scum would want DISTRACTION HAL around as long as possible.

Gotcha. I read post histories as opposed to the thread as a whole so some of that context is missed at times especially when replacing. I'd say that not only would scum want a distraction but more importantly, then wouldn't stop talking about it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

All of 100's reads rub me the wrong way actually when they aren't being hedgy they seem contrived; the whole threatening to omgus kash thing was some weird pointless posturing.

##vote 100

It wasn't pointless posturing I was actually annoyed he accused me of doing something he did quite literally. I didn't vote because he had 3 votes and my vote wasn't a legitimate one. I'd sooner believe Jon Joe's trying a gambit until more information comes out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Just lunch Hal again, who cares if he has a one shot death proof
##vote hal

But besides being distracting do you actually think he's scum? It doesn't seem like the best use of your time to get back on that case.

Also is it just lack of interest from the light nature of the game that resulted in no one else reacting towards Jon Joe's claim, or am I missing something? We had a bit of activity after it was made and then radio silence. I wouldn't be comfortable with a Kashuno execution especially if it's because he just happened to have a couple of more votes than the next candidate. It's incredibly fishy.

I'll do my best to keep active but I won't be around for deadline.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Was he ever really?

Humans are astonishing in the way that when given a box that says "Do Not Open" we go to any length to open it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I should've previewed before posting.

Do people actually have town poisoners? That seems dumb.

If you are arguing town poisoner, where is the n1 poison?

You choose your alignment/role in this game. It's perfectly possible though unlikely in my opinion. I'm out for a couple of hours here, but I'll give it all again another solid read and make a solid case before going to sleep. I'll give time for discussion too.

Kash's comments on Jon Joe are plausible. Still don't know if I'd want to move my vote just yet.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

2. Depending on how many people sign up during the sign-up phase, the game will then be balanced depending upon player alignment choice (so a scum side with high numbers might be countered by giving more power to the town, or vice versa).

You're right. That's me misremembering this rule.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

eh I guess it doesn't matter

I'm an unlyncher. So long as my selected target doesn't get voted off the island at some point I win. Hooray.

I was actually having a strong town read on Gamer up to this claim. And even then I don't think it's quite enough to persuade me to vote him.

However, he doesn't say he's a 'town' unlyncher. He may think we'd take it for granted but I feel it kinda stands out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

jon joe posted:

Explanation: People expect content from taste because they are under the mistaken impression that this is a real game of mafia and not a shambling monstrosity with such hits as: A jester

Jon Joe's been incredibly irreverent all game. Having this perspective explains it.

jon joe posted:

##vote Podima

his strat:

1) Pick scum
2) Wish he didn't pick scum
3) Lurk

This might be his first serious vote in the game. His first 5 votes had either no basis or were jokes. Note he retracts it incredibly quickly.and jumps back to vote Punt.

Also his claim on Kashuno is worse than I thought. It's very rash to have assumed that a role block makes Kash scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't like Gamer or Kashuno for the execution today. I'm actually pretty pleased with my vote. I'll stay around... no more than 45 minutes and then I'm sleeping.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Examples? He votes SSV to avoid a no-lynch, but that's not super incriminating. He unvotes you after your immortality comes up and well doesn't say much till D3. I agree he has a stilted style but he's been actively casing people despite the small amount posts available, and they don't seem particularly forced or fabricated.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

Death to JJ for being a lying liar and then death to Kashuno during the night while I stab him in the face.

I like this plan. And sorry but you guys got REALLY active after I fell asleep. I somehow trust Kash more than I do jon joe, but that's ok.

##vote jon joe

Also Hal's role is somethign i mentioned like a day ago in the general thread. Funny how that works.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait didn't hiipfire own up to it here?

HiipFire posted:

You can target scum dumbass youre terrible at reading your role pm

I can't tell jokes from not jokes. Help.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm anti antitown.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

But ok. That was all a very interesting night dialogue. I suppose I'll look into it tomorrow.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

So I'm a mason recruiter and have invited in order KB, taste, Kashuno and hiip into my masonry.

I have a vague suspicion that taste shares an alignment with kashuno from a couple of remarks made in pms while kashuno and gotg we're arguing (he couldn't use the mason doc due to traveling). It's kinda weak and breaks the masonbros before threadhoes ethos I generally like to live by but it's worth mentioning I think.

Considering his inactivity I'm ok with it, but what went down exactly?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm catching up now and have another two games to get too... but I'll have a case and a potential vote depending on if it gets someone to -1 or not.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Taste hasn't said much but what he has said has very little weight. Notably he lays down two votes on Hal, effectively trying to tie up the town execution on a stump (at least by that point we were aware that Hal was unkillable).

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can see where punt's coming from, I get a weird read there.

His other suspicious reads are posts like this one that never amount to anything.

He's playing a quiet lurky game which fits when you have such high profile targets running around.

Would vote but then he'd be at -1.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

##vote poison mushroom you're all scum

But you're not I'm pretty sure. Why exactly are you voting Mushroom here? I'm going to look through their post history but if you can give a bit more that'd be cool.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

HiipFire posted:

im not even in your ranks

How did you manage to post this 6 times? Or why?

I'm not sure where you fall but you went after kash with gusto so... tentatively ok.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

Are we close enough to victory that a mass claim would be worthwhile?

I don't know if we have any idea how many scum there are total so maybe? I'll claim if that's the way we choose to go.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Actually how can you vote P. Mush after this:

Poison Mushroom posted:

You know how I know you're not Jonesy, JJ?

Because I'm Jonesy.

I am :siren: comoderator-aligned! :siren: Each night I am given set-up information about the game. (And I am simultaneously TOWN aligned because supposedly Town was the weakest faction when the game began. If Scum had been super super weak, I think I'd have been scum aligned.)

Night 1, I found out that there are a total of three factions with nightkills.
Night 2, I found out that there are three scum-aligned players.
And last night, I found out that one of the scum players... is a roleblocker. :c00lbert:

JJ, you're a scumbo, and I actually believe Kash that you're an Usurper, too. That, or you're just bussing him. Either way, I wanna see you hang.

That's a pretty ridiculous claim but it's certainly believable. There's too much detail to just fake.

I'm game to claim.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

As far as I can tell it's taste and if not taste then hiipfire. Maybe gulag because his pmush vote is not a town vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

So I'm a mason recruiter and have invited in order KB, taste, Kashuno and hiip into my masonry.

I have a vague suspicion that taste shares an alignment with kashuno from a couple of remarks made in pms while kashuno and gotg we're arguing (he couldn't use the mason doc due to traveling). It's kinda weak and breaks the masonbros before threadhoes ethos I generally like to live by but it's worth mentioning I think.

Anything in there about hiip? Because he's the one I'd vote at this juncture.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, gently caress.

I got information last night. There is a scum immune to cop results. So no hope of a cop showing up to bust the game open.

Unless that was JJ? I guess it depends if the cop gets TOWN/NOT TOWN or SCUM/NOT SCUM results.

I think it's a godfather, though, because otherwise, it'd be pretty redundant with yesterday's info.

Makes sense given what hiip's just said.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm last to claim. I think I could still be of some help if we gently caress up tonight.

I'm the Doctor.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hello guys I'm here to help wrap this up.

This was a dumb nod to that because of bandages.

I doc'd Punt the first night I joined because of the poison and it worked,
Then myself, I didn't read much of that day and was at a bit of a loss and it just seemed safer
Last night I doc'd Pmush because that power seems immensely pro-town to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Puntification

Given what we know, this feels like the most likely one to me, especially since my PM doesn't specifically say "godfather", just "immune to alignment investigation". So I could see a cool, weird fake-confirmed mason recruiter role? Assuming it's even confirmed masons in the first place.

I think it's unconfirmed. Proof I'm doctor is Punt still lives after the poisoning. I wasn't sure if I could cure it since it wasn't specified but I'm a good MD I guess.

I guess Punt makes sense. If not Punt I'd have to go with you Pmush but only because I don't see scum having an alignment cop and I also doubt Hiip could Cop and kill in one night. I don't know how your role would in regards to scum either since information for them is redundant.

• Locked thread