Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A thousand years ago, people far and wide heard of the power of the Triple Temple. Legend had it that inside three Gods, now long since forgotten, had pledged their power to those who would come inside and worship them. The worship of these Gods, however, was forbidden and for centuries the Triple Temple was lost to the ages.

Recently, however, people around the globe have felt the call - a ping in the base of their skull, a stray thought, leading them to the lands in the North where the Temple lies. Those drawn to the Temple lust for power or perhaps a sense of belonging and somehow instinctively know that inside the Temple is where they'll find it.

The question isn't what they'll find in the Temple, however. The question is what will the Temple find in them?

The Triple Temple is a Mafia game for zero to infinity players. This is a "Choose Your Own Alignment" game and, to my knowledge, is the first of its kind (unless you county my Battle Royale game). The setup will work like this:

1. You sign up for the game. When you do, please PM me what alignment you would like to become: Town, Scum, or 3P.
2. Depending on how many people sign up during the sign-up phase, the game will then be balanced depending upon player alignment choice (so a scum side with high numbers might be countered by giving more power to the town, or vice versa).
3. Play will be plurality and otherwise will proceed as in a normal mafia game.

I'll take sign-ups until Saturday night at midnight and begin Sunday unless we get a high number of sign-ups early.

Player List
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. Asiina
  3. Gamerofthegame
  4. GulagDolls
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. HiipFire
  7. jon joe
  8. Kashuno
  9. Poison Mushroom
  10. Puntification
  11. Tremendous Taste

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SirSamVimes posted:

What happens if everyone picks the same alignment? Do you just immediately end the game?

I had thought of this and yes that is the answer. Ultimate victory.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

People emerge from the temple. Three lights shoot out: Blue, Red, and Green and then the temple crumbles in upon itself. The survivors are left to their own devices...

It is now Day One. Deadline is Tuesday at 8:00 EST. Reminder that lynches are plurality and there are no no-lynches.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

People on Little Mac's facebook feed are making me angry so I'm going to pick a fight in this game.

Is it that Corey guy? He is a bad person. He is in my "Dumb Republicans I Went To Highschool With" list

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

I'm not sure because facebook is terrible and I'll probably never be able to find the post again, but it came up that you commented on this video about the fast food worker and the other comments made me really mad.

Yours was good though.

Yeah, it was this one: https://www.facebook.com/coreyml/posts/813758245545?comment_id=813814048715&ref=notif&notif_t=like

He also said at one point that there has NEVER been a good Pixar movie so he is objectively bad.

Also I have another dude who is way worse, but he's friends only. He just posted an article about how Obama is a Satanist. It's incredible.

Sorry for the interruption. Back to the game!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sir Sam Vimes is the first to emerge from the temple and also the first to lose the favor of the Gods. He is slain by a bolt from the sky.

SirSamVimes, Vanilla Town, has been killed Day 1.

Role Text: You are a vanilla town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

It is now Night 1. Please send any night actions as soon as possible. Day 2 will begin when all actions have been received or 24 hours have passed, whichever comes first.

Nights are open.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Plurality is the only way to play.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The morning arrives and a believer has fallen.

King Burgundy, Vanilla Town, has died Night One.

As the sun arrives, so too does another person.

EccoRaven has joined the game.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is Saturday at 8:00 PM EST, though coming to consensus earlier is always more fun for everyone!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A bang.

CapitalistPig, 3P Jester, has been killed Day 2.

You are a 3P Jester. You win upon being lynched any day after day one. Dying in any other fashion or surviving to the end of the game results in a loss.

Play continues as normal.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Puntification posted:

Aw I feel bad pig.

Is ecco a replacement or an addition btw

She was always in the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Awfully sorry. I think one of my students gave me a stomach flu.

The powers that be have no effect on one such as he. Truly, a puzzle for the ages.

No one has died.

It is now Night 2. 24 hours for actions.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also, if I can't get a replacement for Podima or Someone Awful! soon, they'll be modkilled. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

People sleep through the night quite soundly, save for poor Little Mac who throws up a whole bunch. Everyone else is fine, though.

No one has died.

It's now Day 3. I don't think I'm gonna get any replacements. :(

nyone with a lower post count than me is modkilled at the end of the day.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

100YrsofAttitude replaces Someone Awful!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm really sorry for the late flips. It's been a tough week at work and I'm still feeling pretty awful. I went to sleep when I got home and woke up 12 hours later. Ugh.

Anyway...

Gamerofthegame, 3P Unlyncher, has died Day 3.
Eccoraven, Town One-Shot Vigilante, has been modkilled Day 3.
Podima, 3P Poisoner, has been modkilled Day 3.

Night 3 begins now!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A series of events leading to me waiting for night actions.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The night is as calm as ever. Though there is movement in the bushes, the temple floors are merely stained with the dry blood of yesterday's bloodbath.

No one has died.

In the interest of moving things along, deadline is Friday at 8:00. If that's too soon please let me know!

It is now Day 4.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hey

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Loved by all the Gods but abandoned by man, Jon Joe meets his final demise but knows that, in the end, he will receive his heavenly reward.

Jon Joe Town/Scum/3P Roleblocker has died Day 4.

It is now Night 4. Night actions ASAP please!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The sun rises and bodies line the floor. The prisoner's dilemma ends in a mutual execution.

Kashuno Scum Assassin has died Night 4.
Asiina 3P Serial Killer has died Night 4.

It's now Day 5. Deadline is Monday at 8:00 PM!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tremendous Taste's body explodes suddenly in a fit of rage.

Tremendous Taste 3P Lyncher has died Day 5.

It is now Night 5. 24 hours for night actions, but the sooner the better!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Having lost his favor with the Gods, Gulag is found in the morning, torn in twain.

GulagDolls, Town Vanilla, has died Night 5.

It's Day 6! Deadline is Tuesday, if you need that far.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Temple shakes with a mighty roar. Portions of it fall to the ground and stone tumbles into the cracks the open in the Earth. Two thirds of the temple are flung into the crevice and a voice cries out:

"LO! Well met, my brethren! The destruction of those who would follow Surtur and the devotees of Loki has brought me newfound power! Rejoice! Thor is here and shall protect my followers for all time!"

The followers of Thor smile as a warmth envelopes their bodies, giving them power for all time. A few others stand up and receive the warmth as well, content in their eternal victory.

The Scum have been destroyed. All anti-town wincons have been eliminated.

SirSamVimes, Town Vanilla
Puntification, Town Masoner
100yrsofAttitude, Town Doctor
King Burgundy, Town Vanilla
Hiipfire, Town Cop
GulagDolls, Town Vanilla
and EccoRaven, Town Vigilante have won the game!

Additionally, Hiipfire was never voted out. Therefore Gamerofthegame, 3P Unlyncher, has also achieved victory!

Additionally, JonJoe, Town/Scum/3P wins with whoever wins the game and has thus also achieved victory (he did not, however, achieve his Double Win)!

Thanks for playing!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mod Doc
Scum Doc
Mason Doc

I hope you all had fun! In retrospect, I think I made the scum a bit underpowered since there were really only two of them - I didn't really expect JJ to work against them. No, I'm not sure why.

Hal received unkillable stump with no win condition since he signed up to play but forgot to submit an alignment. JonJoe submitted all three and I said sure, why not? That sounds fun. Ecco and Puntification also got the powers they requested - in Punt's case he was originally rolled to be vanilla but I figured the masonry was harmless and fun. Ecco I regret giving her what she asked for (mostly) since it killed Cpig off for no reason.

If you have any other questions, I'm glad to help!

Kashuno/Asiina in-thread open scum/SK alliance was my favorite moment maybe in mafia history, btw.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You enter the Triple Temple and feel yourself drawn down a dark hallway. At the end you find a blue light enveloping you.

"I am Thor," comes a voice, "you found yourself not drawn to the powers of good and justice! Feel my lightning flow through you!"

You feel the light hot on your skin and leave the temple renewed.

So I was actually bad?

Typo. :/

Normally with my flavor I have it all well-planned out in advance. This time around both the idea for the game, running it, and the flavor were all just off the top of my head so it was bound to have mistakes. You were good, though! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Moddoc question:

Jon Joe Roleblock Kashuno Failure
Kashuno Assassinate Jon Joe Failure

From night 3?

Typo. Your block succeeded, his kill was blocked (rb has priority over assassin)

• Locked thread