Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Devil Tesla posted:

That car is obscene.

Alfa Romero 4C. Not the best use of $60k, but not that obscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Fangz posted:

It seems to be me that if we are to take this multiple personality stuff at face value, then we just conclude that the woman Moe was talking to was not the Magata Shiki personality, since she said both that only Magata Shiki would murder her parents, and yet refused to answer why.

I also wonder if there is a correspondence between colours and Shiki's personalities.

On one hand, I don't think we're supposed to take the Multiple Personality Disorder at face value because whatever they hell they showed in that episode was not Multiple Personality Disorder.

On the other hand, this is anime produced by a country that's not really known for being at the forefront of mental disorder awareness, so who knows.

On the other other hand, an anime that's pretentious enough to reference the random stuff this show has should probably be able to Wikipedia the difference between Multiple Personality Disorder and Schizophrenia.

Verdict: Just another red herring. This "closed room" has more holes than Swiss cheese, and no one has inspected the body/robot trolly mechanism yet. I'm leaning towards the Dr. setting this all up herself, including faking her own death.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Hiroshi Mori, author of the original 1996 novel that the anime is based on, used to be a research scientist,an associate professor, and has a Doctorate in Engineering. (Info from Wikipedia)

I highly doubt he's bullshitting the stuff he writes.

On the contrary, engineers are fantastic at bullshitting about things they don't actually know about.

So I guess I'll believe it was a misguided attempt at making some clever red herring then.

• Locked thread