Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Subete ga F ni Naru is an anime series based on a mystery novel of the same name by Hiroshi Mori. Animated by A-1 Pictures, the series is being directed by Mamoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied) with series composition by Toshiya Ono (both seasons of Gatchaman Crowds, tsuritama) and original character designs by Inio Asano (Solanin, Oyasumi Punpun). The story follows Sohei Saikawa, a member of Saikawa Research Lab, as he and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, travel to a remote island for vacation. There, they end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.

The first episode didn't give a lot to go on, but the author is known for integrating his experience as a research scientist into his mysteries, which seems pretty cool! Asano's character designs also look really nice, even after undergoing tweaks for animation.

The series is being simulcast on Crunchyroll. New episodes air every Thursday at 11:00am PDT/2:00pm EDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everybody can die, just please spare Nishinosono's ep1 outfit and car

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well i don't think Magata killed her parents (yet?), but nobody knows how the deaths motivating the later investigation will turn out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Goddamn dudes, they haven't even found the first body yet.

if people want to get overenthusiastic, i think it's okay. better than me worrying that all the discussion was already had and the thread would be dead until Thursday

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't expect a cliffhanger, especially since it has already had a live action adaptation. haven't found info in English on the series as a whole though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

some really heavy imagery in the car + scenes intending to evoke connections between moe and magata as well

yeah, i really liked their mirror monologues. i can't see how Magata wouldn't be an AI at this point, which makes the story immediately more interesting

i have no idea what's up with the girl who keeps asking what words are though, if any of the seminar kids matter anymore.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it just seems like a weird thing to include but not actually address, though being foreign is the obvious guess

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the actual trying-to-be-spooky part of the episode was okay, but i think the lead-up already gave an unsettling enough atmosphere. everything about the lab is very sterile and isolated. when they ask somebody to bring medicine, it's instead delivered down a dark hallway by a robotic cart, and not only the lab but the entire island is established as the "closed room."

Magata's strange behavior at 13 and the AI speculation in the thread also contribute uneasiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh good, it's over and i can marathon it!

• Locked thread