Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Just because it says 0% on it doesn't mean that there isn't any alcohol in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

This show seems very confused about what happens when someone gets declared not fit to stand trail/not responsible for their actions, I'm fairly sure you end up in a mental hospital not 'okay you can go now'. Sure she ends up locked in a lab but that was purely of her own volition.

Japan's system is different from America's system so how someone unfit to stand trial or declared not guilty by reason of insanity (I believe she was declared the latter of the two) may be different.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

I don't think there was any plan to display the corpse originally. Just get rid of it in some way and have the daughter assume Shiki's identity. To that end, they had the daughter do the interviews as Shiki (with Shiki's help) so that there would be no confusion when the boss started looking like a 15 year old in whatever few public appearances she made thereafter.

On the other hand, I have NO idea how the Miki thing worked for as long as it did. Surely someone involved would have known that there was no younger sister, like, for example, her aunt.

Her aunt should be the only one who might see that as odd unless her husband said something to make one appear and basically gaslighter her into believing it. That is one loose end in what seems to be a fairly tidy set up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Were there any Mystery rules that this series broke?

• Locked thread