Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I liked ep. 1 it vaguely reminds me of Un-Go for some reason. Here's to hoping it'll be a interesting season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Has there ever been a mystery series w/o a locked room case? Just wondering since it's kinda a thing from all the series I've watched

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

point of return posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she was found not guilty because she blamed it on a doll so they declared her unfit to stand trial. Still doesn't explain why she's in a locked room and not, you know, a mental hospital, but

Not like there's a huge difference b/t the two places other than it being a lot nicer to live on a island

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

coathat posted:

That was the worst bribery attempt I've ever seen.

Idk I'd still take it over going back to faculty meetings

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Condiv posted:

is this show good? the op and the ed are great but i got bored cause the computer nerd didn't punch anything in the first 15 mins

Sure, if you like mysteries. Mostly, I like the somewhat realistic character interactions and tech.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fangz posted:

Powerful people and money seems to be involved so I'm sure there were strings pulled.

They always do

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I still say the best part were the OP/ED for the series. Maybe the book is better?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Van Dine posted:

I have to agree with speculation above that maybe Magata is going to die in the next ep, since she might not be able to handle being alone. I remember that in an earlier ep when Saikawa was talking to "Miki", Miki briefly got upset and hid her face in her hands. And it seems that Magata's views are that it's not sad for a child to kill her parents, but that doesn't automatically mean she's also totally on board with the idea of a parent killing her child.[/spoiler]

Every time I see a Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies ending I find it esp disappointing. Also, I thought it was too overly convenient ofc she's a genius and we'll never catch her line was just

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fangz posted:

How is this a rocks fall, everyone dies ending?

If the doctor does die despite everything we've been through it feels anti-climactic and the mystery still exists but it's now impossible to solve w/o all the pieces

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fangz posted:

What? What mystery still exists?

The point of rocks fall, everyone dies is that it's a random non-sequitir. I'm speculating that a certain ending happens because it would be a thematically logical conclusion to what this show has been about?

Like why she wanted to have relationship with her uncle? If she valued freedom so much why commit homicide to be locked up for the next 15 yrs? If she felt the downside of being completely alone why put her daughter through the same ordeal by having her kill her only family?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fangz posted:

Because she loved him and wanted to have his child?

Because freedom was in terms of doing what she wanted without other people telling her no, so being locked up in that room (which she had built *before* the murder), she was free and happy?

Because she never felt the downside of being alone because she was never alone throughout that ordeal, it was the *daughter* that had that realisation?

Alright I admit it. I'm confused by everything the more I think about it

I kinda want my own island full of tech gizmos and VR rooms now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

To be fair, in real life many people are mentally ill and do, in fact, do things that make no sense and don't really further their own objectives.

Pretty much my final conclusion, I guess. Oh well another series completed.

• Locked thread