Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

give me gas or give me death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Infinotize posted:

give me gas or give me death

/passes u a burrito

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

One of the two electric oven/range things in my dorm kitchen is a Vulcan. Instead of coils it has these flat plates that get hot real fast and boil stuff quick but are also good at simmering, and they own hard. I looked up how much it would be to get one for a house but apparently it costs $5500 :gowron:

induction hob in nz is like $1500 or less

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
i cook so slow, time run backwards

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Main Paineframe posted:

tell us more about your impending bedbug infestation

having random strangers sleep in your home constantly is a recipe for pestilence, and keeping that down is hard even for hotels with industrial cleaning poo poo and endless supplies of clean towels and sheets
by way of comparison, if I rent 4 rooms on airbnb to people who stay there for a month on average that's about 50 strangers a year

a small hotel with 40 rooms, an 80% occupancy rate, and an average stay of 3 nights faces about 3900 strangers a year

so that's about 80 times the exposure

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

echinopsis posted:

induction hob in nz is like $1500 or less

This is a Commercial Range u fuckin scrub

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

jony ive aces posted:

i cook so slow, time run backwards

macrowave

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

This is a Commercial Range u fuckin scrub

:qq: my induction field :cry:

like I get some are fancy and work with more metals or have no designated zones but if you're not cooking for like 50 people what's the different

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

echinopsis posted:

:qq: my induction field :cry:

like I get some are fancy and work with more metals or have no designated zones but if you're not cooking for like 50 people what's the different

It's not an induction cooktop. It's got french plates.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

obstipator posted:

if anyone in ur hacker house codes anything of value, try to take credit for a piece of it somehow
The whole Silicon Valley-style Erlich Bachmann live-in incubator model basically means being a VC but investing your spare rooms in startups rather than your money. Which only makes sense if you have VC-levels of assets and know something about the industry and what makes a reasonable startup.

So I've considered it, but certainly not at this point in my career. Maybe if I'm stupid wealthy and still renting out rooms in my house in a couple decades*

* note I'll never have a family because no one will ever love me

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i'd just like to say that i got a sick rear end gas stove on the way coming in tuesday fully installed and my chili cookoff for work is thursday so i get to try it out with the giant middle burner in a huge stock pot to make chile with Hatch, NM green chiles i got roasted earlier today and some beef and beans im gonna cook up and it's going to be this ownage mixup between green chile and beef chile and im gonna win the contest and also hot babes on either side trying to kiss my face while the crowd goes wooooooooo jamesss

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

someone pls post shadowhawk_manga.jpg tia

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

It's not an induction cooktop. It's got french plates.

what r they

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
seems like some people want to live like theyre moonlighting as a short order cooking or something

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

echinopsis posted:

what r they

they heat up but good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
have u used induction

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

echinopsis posted:

have u used induction

I don't need to.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:rolleyes:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Echi mate don't get killed by random air bnb strangers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'll avoid like how I avoid it during all other walks in my life

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

earthquake#

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

i'll avoid like how I avoid it during all other walks in my life

yeah, but you invited goons. imma take a 30 hour flight to live in your house for a weekend

also, shadowhawk, you do realize you're primping over how you run a flophouse but with an app right? like, i live in a fairly lovely part of town and i could list probably 20 places in two blocks that do the same thing, the difference being they don't have a techno-shim between them and the renters. congrats on embracing uber for housing

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

infernal machines posted:

also, shadowhawk, you do realize you're primping over how you run a flophouse but with an app right? like, i live in a fairly lovely part of town and i could list probably 20 places in two blocks that do the same thing, the difference being they don't have a techno-shim between them and the renters. congrats on embracing uber for housing
I'm renting out bedrooms to actual humans who found the market so ridiculous it was worth paying airbnb's fee and my marked up prices just so they wouldn't have to deal with the whole subletting process.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Valeyard posted:

Echi mate don't get killed by random air bnb strangers

:phoneb:

ok thankyou Charles, how do you spell that?

M. A. N. SON

see you soon

:phone:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ShadowHawk posted:

* note I'll never have a family because no one will ever love me

same, breh

Sniep posted:

giant middle burner in a huge stock pot

professional tip if u ain't got a giant strongass middle burner: buy a wok ring and oput it underneath the grate-thing u rest the pot on to direct the heat better. u wouldn't think it would make such a huge fuckoff difference but it do

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

by way of comparison, if I rent 4 rooms on airbnb to people who stay there for a month on average that's about 50 strangers a year

a small hotel with 40 rooms, an 80% occupancy rate, and an average stay of 3 nights faces about 3900 strangers a year

so that's about 80 times the exposure

the hotel also has far superior sanitation equipment and practices to anything you're doing, guaranteed. plus health codes and inspections that force it to have those practices and be vigilant for signs of trouble

it only takes one careless stranger to deposit parasites or something in your home

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Fun idea I just came up with: use airbnb to rent out a bunch of rooms in your house to people and then murder them

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

indigi posted:

professional tip if u ain't got a giant strongass middle burner: buy a wok ring and oput it underneath the grate-thing u rest the pot on to direct the heat better. u wouldn't think it would make such a huge fuckoff difference but it do

i think the middle oval burner is 10k BTU

the front right burner is 17k tho

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

no they will not posted:

Fun idea I just came up with: use airbnb to rent out a bunch of rooms in your house to people and then murder them

I think that might be illegal

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I think that might be illegal

Yes, AirBnB is in many jurisdictions

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

airbnb sent someone to my apartment building to "talk to us about prop f"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

more accurately a political action committee not in any way affiliated with airbnb [but 100% funded by them] hired temp employees to push a bunch of buttons on apartment building entryways in one of the neighborhoods most screwed by short term rentals

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

atomicthumbs posted:

I don't need to.

lol induction owns everything

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Main Paineframe posted:

the hotel also has far superior sanitation equipment and practices to anything you're doing, guaranteed. plus health codes and inspections that force it to have those practices and be vigilant for signs of trouble

it only takes one careless stranger to deposit parasites or something in your home
this is why I refuse to eat food from strangers kitchens or go to house parties

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ShadowHawk posted:

this is why I refuse to eat food from strangers kitchens or go to house parties

same

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

has there been an airb&b murderer yet cause I figure that'd be a no brainer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

airdnd: no berserkers / no necromancers

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

that's classist as gently caress

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

ShadowHawk posted:

this is why I refuse to eat food from strangers kitchens
eat your vegetables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Cat Face Joe posted:

has there been an airb&b murderer yet cause I figure that'd be a no brainer

there's been murder and rapes associated with couchsurfing. but according to my last stay with airbnb, the guy who offered it also offered couchsurfing, but only for girls. so not much difference.

• Locked thread