Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soylon
Jan 29, 2015

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

spiders don't even have endoskeletons

But they do. They have a series of collagen based plates which form a sternum-like structure that serves as an anchor and attachment point for a variety of muscles.

Matty posted:

Here's where I'm a little confused; based on your size reference picture with the jug, reginald is either a male (spiders are highly sexually dimorphic) or a female from linyphiidae.

vaguely posted:

from the size of the abdomen I would guess at mature female though, if a spider is that much of a fatty it usually is a lady type
there are many types of spider that are as small as our friend here, doesn't necessarily have to be Linyphiidae; based on the web and general body shape I would say it's either that or Theridiidae and some of those species can be quite little as well!

In earlier pictures I was sure Reggie's third pair of legs was significantly shorter than the rest, which to my understanding was a Theridiidae hallmark, but checking some of the newer pictures now I'm not sure. Same with the pedipalps, sometimes they look straight and narrow sometimes they look like they have dark bulbs. Are we sure Reggie isn't multiple spiders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

soylon posted:

But they do. They have a series of collagen based plates which form a sternum-like structure that serves as an anchor and attachment point for a variety of muscles.

In earlier pictures I was sure Reggie's third pair of legs was significantly shorter than the rest, which to my understanding was a Theridiidae hallmark, but checking some of the newer pictures now I'm not sure. Same with the pedipalps, sometimes they look straight and narrow sometimes they look like they have dark bulbs. Are we sure Reggie isn't multiple spiders?

It seems unlikely to me, but I don't know anything about spiders. I can say that I look over every time I'm in the kitchen and I have never seen Reginald not in his web nor have I ever seen a similar species spider anywhere near there. Unless there is some kind of elaborate prank that Reginald is playing on me... He's kind of cheeky I think, so I don't necessarily put it past him.

edit: also sometimes Reginald's legs look a lot different in the picture then they do in real life 3D, he splays them about in strange ways sometimes.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Anyway, here's Reginald! He looks like he's patting his belly after eating a delicious meal. :3:

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

Anyway, here's Reginald! He looks like he's patting his belly after eating a delicious meal. :3:

Indeed he does! :cheers:

Lucky Cat
May 1, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

:3:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Did reggie have a late thanksgiving?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Microwaves Mom posted:

Did reggie have a late thanksgiving?

Maybe he caught a gnat that was going to get into the people food. He saved Thanksgiving! :3:

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

goonproject: make kajiu movie about reginald

Im working on the poster right now

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jukeboxblues posted:

Im working on the poster right now

God bless you if true!

Here is Reginald, being a badass.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
here is a basic one as I am v tired atm so this is the best I can do right now.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
IDK if I agree with the messages that poster is sending.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
the movie actually gives a really good reason for Reginald to be destroying that city! You should watch it to see why he is. :)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it is a centipede city

we have always been at war with centepede

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OMGVBFLOL posted:

it is a centipede city

we have always been at war with centepede

They really brainwashed you good with that last probation.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would watch Reginald destroy a city, we all know he wouldn't do it unless he had to. They must have really irked him good!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Reginald did nothing wrong

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Wheres our Reginald picture?
How is he handling the cloud?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wish Lowtax would have told me was shutting down the forums so I could have posted an early Reginald update!

Here he is, in all of his glory.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I like how the web is invisible in all the pics. Its like he is flying majestically through the air.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Blizzy_Cow posted:

I like how the web is invisible in all the pics. Its like he is flying majestically through the air.

I want to believe.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

given that reginald is only a very small genderqueer spider, s/he must have a really goddamn good plan to destroy that city, and for that reason alone i'd watch the film

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Check it out! It's Reginald! Likely considering his future plans to take over the world.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Imagine how much less popular this thread would be if it were about a bedbug or tick or something.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Salt Fish posted:

Imagine how much less popular this thread would be if it were about a bedbug or tick or something.

Bedbug would be pretty popular goons can relate to living in squalor.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Microwaves Mom posted:

Bedbug would be pretty popular goons can relate to living in squalor.

Bedbugs dont give a gently caress how clean your place is. They only care how much blood is in it.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make that spider a tiny Christmas hat and put it on him. If you have big fat Western hands, ask an Asian to help. I used to do this in electronics class.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

spud posted:

Make that spider a tiny Christmas hat and put it on him. If you have big fat Western hands, ask an Asian to help. I used to do this in electronics class.

But he lives upside down, it would fall off. :ohdear:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

OctoberBlues posted:

But he lives upside down, it would fall off. :ohdear:

chin straps.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Hey there ;)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Uhm, hi?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

wanna tuck microwave in and come over

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ratjaculation posted:

wanna tuck microwave in and come over

stick to your swiss cheese. I'm a Reginald kind of man.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jukeboxblues posted:

here is a basic one as I am v tired atm so this is the best I can do right now.

i see regi as more a friend of children monster

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Reginald waves good bye to his friends and supporters on his way to the goldmine. Good bye for now Reginald!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bye Reggie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Good bye Raginold.... you certainly "spun" a wild tale!

• Locked thread