Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«112 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

The Grand Reveal

Somewhat disappointed at the lack of takers, Konnie nods for Khami to do the honours and pull down the canvas, at last revealing to Thorgrim Ironscripts Tyrannofauna Extermination Company the exact nature of their quarry.



It takes a moment for you to take the entire thing in. From the tip of it's tail to the point of it's mandibles, the thing is gigantic. An eerie, red glow surrounds it and it looks like the iron bars keeping it inside the wagon has suffered some light corrosive damage.
Konnie stares at the beast slackjawed, whilst Kvelar hefts his axe and Khami takes a step or two back.

“That doesn't look like any scorpion I've ever seen.”
“Nor spider, giant or otherwise.”
“Nae, it does not.”
“Call it a draw?”

You shudder. “Right boys, Konnie, Khami, get it ready for transport. Kvelar, help me with this other wagon would you?”


---


With two dwarves working over it and an entire field of spare parts, making repairs to the other transport wagon shouldn't take very long at all.


That is unless a huge and terrified monster in a wild panic tore it's way out of it's makeshift cloth prison but a few meters away from you, attacking everything around it in a blind rage.



That might interrupt things.







You have precious few moments to act. Enough to yell a few, quick orders and ready your weapons.
Note that Tommy is still out of commission and Johakim is keeping him company. Konnie and Khami have dragged the wagon holding Flopsy away from the tent, but can easily drop what they are doing to act out your plan.



1: How do you proceed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


Throw flame at the thing until it backs off while we book it. Finish up business and wait for a job offer comes in asking to deal with a raging monster near the old circus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



Throw a ball at it and hope the seal will play with it

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Throw oil and a torch between us and the wagon and the monster (say tile E6) and pray to whatever gods that we know of that it decides to flee to the opposite direction.

It is an animal, and probably more scared than bloodthirsty. Hopefully if we give it reason to run elsewhere it will, instead of escalating conflict.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006


Theantero posted:

Throw oil and a torch between us and the wagon and the monster (say tile E6) and pray to whatever gods that we know of that it decides to flee to the opposite direction.

It is an animal, and probably more scared than bloodthirsty. Hopefully if we give it reason to run elsewhere it will, instead of escalating conflict.

+1

Even lions of the sea know to fear fire!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Anticlimax

“Torches!” You yell, and throw your own towards the tusked beast rising from the canvas sea like a Kraken of old. Your men follow suit. Four torches sputter on the soil in front of you, creating possibly the lamest wall of fire the world has ever seen.




If only you hadn't used up all your oil destroying that clown...



The ember glow of the torches is reflected in the walruses murderous eyes, as it bellows it's thunderous challenge!



BLOARGH!


The ground shakes with its passing, every step a titanic effort of bulbous muscle, it's strength evident through the gloom of night. It's frame lit up by dwindling torchlight. Hatred seething off of it's whiskers like water brought to boil.


It charges at you, very, very slowly.









If you had been at sea you might have been in real trouble.



You look to Kvelar, who shakes his head clearly unimpressed. You sigh.



“Right boys. No one is paying us for this fight, pack it up and lets get moving before that thing comes any closer.”

Abandoning the repair efforts, you hop on your horses (who are all too glad to be away from the dangerous predator) and roll away, Flopsy in tow.





You make your way back to Johakim and Tommy, and together with them back to the road from whence you came.

Though far behind you can be heard the roars of an upset seacreature, the adrenaline of today’s activities is starting to wear of. A day of excitement, of sleuthing and your first foray into the world of monsters.

The hour is late and the once clear skies give way to clouds as the midnight breeze rolls in, bringing with them rain.



You are forced to make camp for the night.

You manage to create some cover for yourselves by ad-hocing some spare canvas to Flopsy's wagon. She seems to have calmed down a bit since you uncovered her and the bag full of carrion you brought with you surely helped as well. You give the wagon (and her, as much as you are able) a thorough inspection and find them mercifully free of vines or plant matter.

With nothing else to do, you set yourselves around the fire and begin sharing stories, before sleep overtakes you.

1:
Many stories are told, but you latch onto one of them especially. Which one?

A: A story of Monsters

B: A story of the Gods and their place in the world

C: A story from your home, about Dwarven Culture

2:
Write-In: Your first battle is over. You've had a chance to observe everyone, but not nearly enough to really gauge their effectiveness. Tommy was injured although it looks like he will pull through. What are your, spontaneous, thoughts about the performance of ITEC so far? What areas will you seek to improve in the coming weeks, who will you admonish and who will you praise? Who you keep in your employ is entirely up to you of course, but you know for a fact that a keeping a stable roster is much more likely to grant you victory in the long run, as your team learns to work together.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



1.B
2. We need more manpower and variety of talents. Lower profit margin and hire more. The lessen medical cost will help.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009


B

Admonish ourselves we froze during the battle we need more through training ourselves to keep that from ever happening again. The whole team needs to train at working together rather than separately but otherwise I think everyone did fairly well

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Lazaruise posted:

B

Admonish ourselves we froze during the battle we need more through training ourselves to keep that from ever happening again. The whole team needs to train at working together rather than separately but otherwise I think everyone did fairly well

This. I also agree with Nyaa about us needing more variety. Cannot do monster hunting puzzling if the only tool you have is a hammer, after all.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009


1.B
2.Is Tommy that much stronger than us and our dwarf cous? Do we need three brutes on a team? Especially if one just is a big old target? We should reevaluate our teams make up and maybe give the gnome or frog lady a call. We either need a specialist that can blow things up when they get that hairy or stay out of the way and distract a monster that fierce.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


1. b
2. We need more background and training. We should get some monster manuals, maybe but the word out for an old veteran to come by and teach for a week. Maybe set up a practice arena and get a zoo of some slimes to practice against.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

Lazaruise posted:

B

Admonish ourselves we froze during the battle we need more through training ourselves to keep that from ever happening again. The whole team needs to train at working together rather than separately but otherwise I think everyone did fairly well

Sure

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Slice of Lolth

Your mission is the topic of the day, and you and your team go through it all in minute detail. Yet as you sit there chatting, you cannot shake the feeling of dread emanating from the wagon beside you. The endless chittering of mandibles and pitter patter of a thousand spiny, chitinous legs.
Your minds eye is drawn to the altar in Flopsys mausoleum, to the casual mentions of torture by the Lord of the Manor. To spikes of corrugated iron, stretching upwards like bad similes.

That’s not the Friendly Household Spider you've come to know through your sparse visits to the local church, what gives?



Official Unified World Church Doctrine states that Lolth is the Patroness of the Hearth.
Her little helpers keep the Empires granaries safe from vermin, keep pests away from livestock and whisper terrible secretshelp inform the Imperial Census about the goings-on in the Empire.
She has worshippers amongst all the species, but is primarily revered amongst the Drow. She is the very model of an Imperial Grandmother, keeping her extended family secure in her tender, loving, all encompassing web.

You ponder this conundrum for a moment, and pose the question to the group. Kvelar pipes up, with his take on the matter.

"Ya, what you have there is a classic case of religious divergence. Y'see Lolth wasn't always like that, a far more feisty maiden she, pouncin' at weakness and spinning plots within plots.
Waging wars across the surface world, leading her chosen to dominion. The dark elves keep it up as a matter of tradition or pride i s''pose, but her more unruly elements 'ave been long since reigned in by The Bureaucracy.
They say old Rim 'imself cowed her, way back in time immemorial, tired of her shenanigans as he was. “

“That's quiet the feat.” Interjects Khami.

You nod sombrely. “To the Emperor.” Your collective mugs are raised on high. Some higher than others.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

The Campfire

Eventually your groups storytelling runs out of steam, as does your first night of watch. You succumb to sleep.

You find yourself on a field somewhere far away. In the distance you can see a city, but the lights you have come to associate with civilisation are dim. Creatures seemingly graze around you, but as you approach them you find that they exude no warmth.
Likewise the grass beneath your feet feels unnaturally cold and the air around you is still.

The moon lies heavy in the sky illuminating the silent world around you.
A flash erupts in the city, sickly-green, but it is far away, you cannot reach it.
You awake in the morning with a cold sweat, but otherwise no worse for wear.

---

Lord of the Manor




You arrive to the Manor around noon and are greeted by a troop of guardsmen. They part you from your quarry and escort it away towards the cemetery where Flopsy makes her home.

One guard stays behind, one you recognize from before.


“Master will be overjoyed at these new developments, but I fear seeing him now is out of the question. The last few days have been very taxing, for all of us, but now hopefully we can get some things done again.
You will of course be generously compensated. Good day.”

---

Ironscript Tyrannofauna Extermination Company

You return to ITEC headquarters an hour later. Tommy is drifting in and out of sleep and is badly injured but stable. He will likely be out for the rest of the month pending drastic changes.




You have only been gone for a day, and your cursory investigation (going down to the local tavern for a pint) reveals nothing has changed viz a viz available missions. You had originally planned to go see the old lady about her attic after you found the missing pet, but perhaps now that you have gotten into the swings of things you have changed your mind?

1:
What mission will you take on next?


A: The Culled Sheep
The nearby village of Sockne (some days travel to the west) has suffered a culling of lambs recently, and some villagers suspect a monster. The Imperial Army believes it to be the work of a wolf or a farmers dispute and refuses to intervene. The villagers offer a meagre sum of to whoever solves their dilemma.

B: The Silvermines of Gruw

The Lord of the Fortress City of Gruw (a weeks travel to the north west) has put out a request for aid. Apparently the deliveries from his silver-mine have ceased altogether. There have been reports of banditry in the area for many years now but they usually leave their victims alive, if only so they can rob them again. That the deliveries have stopped entirely is unusual and highly disturbing. The Imperial Army is busy quelling an attempted uprising in the area and have no manpower to spare. If you where to figure out what happened and slay the monster responsible, you could be well rewarded indeed.

C: The Noisy Attic
A worried grandmother gave a knock on your door one evening, complaining about a strange noise in her attic. Would you be a dear and see to it for her?

D: Ignore the missions and train / recuperate for a week.

---

2:
You have 7 wealth to your name, but in one months time you will have to have saved up 12 to have any hope of paying your recruits. Additionally, in 5 months your first debt-payment of 30 wealth is due. Still, you've been considering hiring an additional recruit, especially now that Tommy is unavailable to you. Speaking of whom, his recovery would be that much quicker if you made a completely voluntary donation to the local branch of the Unified World Church. Decisions, decisions.

E: I save all the wealth for later.

F: I go to Skvababt house on the outskirts of town to see if she is still interested in the the position.
(-1 wealth)

G: I generously donate to the Church and ask that they take care of my friend who was injured Righteously Smiting Evil and or Good depending on what cleric I bump into first. (-2 wealth, but Tommy will be back on his feet within days instead of weeks.)


---

3: Is there anything else you would like to do?

Your recruits and various NPCs about town are available for discussions. Additionally, you are free to delegate activities or investigate your surroundings as you see fit.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


We should have haggled for more cash at the gate. They would have paid double after we told them that "The recovery team encountered danger well and beyond what was expressed in the contract and as such they are subject to hazard pay penalties as per paragraph 5 subsection ..."

You don't just 'give' back the target, you gotta make some dosh off it!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

1: C
2: F, G

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003


1:
What mission will you take on next?


C: The Noisy Attic
A worried grandmother gave a knock on your door one evening, complaining about a strange noise in her attic. Would you be a dear and see to it for her?

2:

F: I go to Skvababt house on the outskirts of town to see if she is still interested in the the position.
(-1 wealth)[/b]

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


1. C
2. G

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012


Fallen Rib

Man, if this was the most lucrative job on offer and it didnt even cover a third of our monthly expenses we're gonna either need to hustle a lot more work or hone our negotiation skills some.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Kai Tave posted:

Man, if this was the most lucrative job on offer and it didnt even cover a third of our monthly expenses we're gonna either need to hustle a lot more work or hone our negotiation skills some.

It actually covers an entire month for your company with a bit to spare. However your recruits agreed to table their pay until the end of the second month, knowing that missions might be sparse in the beginning.
Normally your monthly expenses would amount to 6 Wealth with your current roster of recruits.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

All the same, we need 30 wealth for fees and taxes, and another 6 that month for salaries? That's a lot of cash!

Edit: Looking at 60 wealth over the 5 months. a tall order , not even counting any windfalls, sudden costs, or regular increase in expenditures.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Well, I suppose we could go check that the old woman hasn't been horribly eaten. C

Skvababt could be useful, so F.

Also, handle the necessary paperwork in regards to that death certificate, return it to the coroner's office or something. There is still procedure that has to be followed

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



Plan theantero

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009


Plan theantero as well.

Side question, what do we know of on how to invoke the God's help? Is it costly beyond our means?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Errands

You decide to leave Tommy to his fate for now, as you simply cannot spare the two months pay required by the Church. Instead you opt for the cheaper option, hiring additional backup.
You know that Skvababt is still interested in working with you so you head out to see if she is home.

---



Her house is... peculiar. Resting on calcified pillars high above the ground, it has an unmatched view of it's surroundings. On the way over there you see many stray, discarded arrows. Some embedded in trees, some in the soil. In one case embedding a small mammal into another one.

A figure leans out of the window as you approach. "Ohh, hello boys." It says softly. "I'll be right down, don't you worry... I know you've been waiting for a long time to see me.
And good things come to those who wait."

You stand, mouth agape and slightly confused. Even her voice is alluring, but her forwardness is something of a culture clash towards you and your species.

You see, dwarves find the concept of biology highly irrelevant to the affairs of state and clan.
As such the only time they normally give a thought to gender and procreation is during the state mandated Generational Community Expansion Programmes.
Here childless dwarves that have come of age are drafted, assigned an arbitrary gender and paired up with a compatible partner as per an ancient formulae known as the Bridge-Mason theory.

The couples then produce an appropriate number of children (as per the local quota) and rear them for the next twenty to thirty years in exchange for a somewhat generous stipend.
Most dwarven couples stay together even after this period has ended, the work that they put in having left them with an unbreakable bond of teamwork and oftentimes a whole slew of trade secrets that in any case should not be divulged.

Yet here she stands before you, her eyes sparkling incandescent. Widened in loves gaze.



"Mhmmm, why hello there Thorgrim."

You shudder internally, if blissfully, and snap out of it. There was business to attend to and not much time to do it in. The nice, elderly lady might be in serious trouble.
You present Skvababt with her new contract and tell her to gather her things and meet you back at headquarters as soon as she is able. She merely smiles at you, nodding.

---

On the way back you head into the local Census Office and hand over the Death Certificate you found earlier.
The clerk thanks you for your attention to civic duty and asks you a series of questions as to the circumstances in which you found the body.
Thus questioned, you head back to base to find Skvababt and the others (sans Tommy) waiting for you in the yard.

After introductions, you explain the mission to all those present.


A dear old grandmother, Philberta Axblossom, came to ITEC the other day complaining about the terrible noise coming from her attic.
She wondered if you youngsters could check it out for her, her back isn't what it used to be and there are so very many stairs to climb.
If you could deal with whatever is causing all that ruckuss she would be very grateful. Your acute sense of accountancy tells you that this is not a very profitable mission.
Indeed, she probably can't afford to pay you at all, but what it lacks in profit it more than makes up for in good will and public relations.
A kindly old grandmothers prime modus operandi is gossip after all, and your business needs all the help it can get.

---

1:
A noisy attic shouldn't pose too many problems, should it? You hardly need to bring everyone with you, but you can if you feel paranoid.
Besides, a nice, easy mission should boost morale and you might even get some solid training in should the inevitable rat infestation prove challenging.

A: I bring everyone

B: Konnie

C: Johakim

D: Khami

E: Kvelar

F: Skvababt


---

2:
Do you make any additional preparations before you head on in?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



Unless we can send the rest to other quest, EVERYONE

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Question: Can our keen dwarven mind spot any practical benefit in leaving people behind? Will they train? Or will they just rest and relax, mayhaps improving morale or something?

Question: Do we know how large the woman's attic is? Will it even have room for 7 people to fight in?

Question: Do we have any cat carrier sized cages than can hold small creatures but are convenient enough to carry by hand? What about nets? I was thinking we might want to capture one or two of these creatures and maybe ferry them to that alchemist or someone if they turn out to be more exotic than your average house rat. Maybe Skvababt has some in her house, she has that ranger vibe about her and thus might have something like that.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2015 around 16:30

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Q and A

Theantero posted:

Question: Can our keen dwarven mind spot any practical benefit in leaving people behind? Will they train? Or will they just rest and relax, mayhaps improving morale or something?

People who stay behind cannot be injured in the field, and can rest up should they have injury from a previous mission. Additionally, they might train should they be so inclined. For this mission however you will only be gone a couple of hours at most if things go as planned, so no, not really. Your recruits are 'real people' and will do as they wish, however they are still under your employ and have all signed contracts to fight for you and obey sensible, direct orders.

Theantero posted:

Question: Do we know how large the woman's attic is? Will it even have room for 7 people to fight in?

She didn't give you the exact numbers, but you know the area in which she lives and the houses there are generally two story affairs with two to four rooms a floor. The attic should be big enough for seven people to cram themselves into, but obviously this varies heavily on what is actually stored in there. Knick-knacks and heirlooms, old broken furniture? Without being there you can't rightly tell.

Theantero posted:

Question: Do we have any cat carrier sized cages than can hold small creatures but are convenient enough to carry by hand? What about nets? I was thinking we might want to capture one or two of these creatures and maybe ferry them to that alchemist or someone if they turn out to be more exotic than your average house rat. Maybe Skvababt has some in her house, she has that ranger vibe about her and thus might have something like that.

This is something easily purchasable for a negligible cost, but it will take some time to procure. Skvababt has nets for "entertainment purposes" that she assures you she can put to good use.

Nyaa posted:

Unless we can send the rest to other quest, EVERYONE

Your presence is required at the mission site as per contract. You give the orders, you pay the bills.


GloriousDemon posted:

Side question, what do we know of on how to invoke the God's help? Is it costly beyond our means?

You are not a Cleric, so you know of no sure-fire ways to get divine aid short of going to Church and asking there. Perhaps you could pray and find out?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Nyaa posted:

Unless we can send the rest to other quest, EVERYONE

FIELD TRIP!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Right. I suppose we can bring everyone then. However, any room we have to 'cram ourselves into' is not a room we can actually fight in effectively. The actual combat team should be smaller.

Konnie does not need to fight, I'd believe, but since he is a thief he probably has good eyes and ears and could cautiously scout the attic for us to figure out what it actually is we're fighting.

Johakim can hang back and disinfect any plague-rat bites or whatever after the scuffle is over.

Khami could potentially be useful in the fight, since his weapon has reach and he could help capture the critters (rats might be impossible to catch with a chain, but if they are closer to cat size then maybe).

Kvelar is our best fighter so he is in.

Skvababt should bring her nets. Her archery is probably not going to be that useful however, since we are fighting small and probably agile creatures in (most likely) rather poor lighting, and she did say her accuracy is poorer at short ranges than long ones way back in the beginning.

I say we spend an hour or two looking for those cages, but have someone who is good with people spend that time with the granny, both for her own protection and to wring all benefit from this whole 'good publicity' thing ("oh those young people were so nice and polite they even stayed for tea!"). Maybe Skvababt with her happiness pheromones? Kvelar and Khami also seem rather upstanding fellows, so one of them could also fill that role.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


Everyone should get some form of basic first aid training at the first possible chance. We should L also put together a basic "Welcome to monster hunting. Here are some basic things to know." Training. A weeks worth of training. Enough to cover enough gaps so everyone is at least a basic level of skill.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

The Axblossom residence

Philbertas house isn't very far, so you pack your gear, making sure to bring a few extra nets in case any of the (you suppose rats) prove to be notable in any way, shape or form.
You also swing by a carpenters workshop and enquire about some kind of wooden contraption to carry small critters in, but the shopkeeper shakes his head at you.
That would be a terrible waste of precious wood, you'd be better of seeing a blacksmith or perhaps enquiring with the City Slimegeneering Guild for a custom project.

At any rate, the various members of ITEC soon find themselves standing outside a small two story stone building somewhere in the middle of town.
A faint calamity can be heard even from the courtyard, and it only intensifies as you step inside.

Five burly fighters and one slender archer step into little old lady's drawing room. Philberta herself is sitting in a rocking chair, an aged dog by her side.



"Oh hello dearies, you've come about the attic at last?" Her shaking hand points to a large set of iron keys on a small antique table. "It's just up the stairs you know. The attic." "Won't you do something abut the noise?"



A weird, high pitched chanting can be heard from behind the heavy door at the end of the stairs.

What do you do?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



Now that we know the location of the monster, sneak up and follow the sound.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003


Knock on the door, ask "who's there?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Seems like there is some sort of ritual sacrifice going on there, what with that whole 'You've got to pay the price!' chant.

So, I suggest we gather info sneakily. Konnie should probably scout ahead.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


An Attic is an enclosed space.

Smoke'em out

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

Ask her questions!

Ask her if there are windows into or out of the attic.

Ask her if anyone asked her to store things in the attic lately.

Ask her who else has access to the house, friends, family, etc.

Ask her if they've been behaving oddly

If she asks why the questions, tell her its to rule a few things out.

Ask her what kind of roof she has.


If the roof has simple tiles that can be removed we can possibly disrupt the cult activity from above. If there's a window we have a way to observe things and maybe a way to fire arrows in.

Lets be meta here, the ritual is probably close to being finished so we should probably have a plan for attack if a demon of some sort is summoned.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

RandomPauI posted:

Ask her questions!

Ask her if there are windows into or out of the attic.

Ask her if anyone asked her to store things in the attic lately.

Ask her who else has access to the house, friends, family, etc.

Ask her if they've been behaving oddly

If she asks why the questions, tell her its to rule a few things out.

Ask her what kind of roof she has.


If the roof has simple tiles that can be removed we can possibly disrupt the cult activity from above. If there's a window we have a way to observe things and maybe a way to fire arrows in.

Lets be meta here, the ritual is probably close to being finished so we should probably have a plan for attack if a demon of some sort is summoned.

Yeah, let's do this before we commit to any plan of action.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

ITEC preliminary site investigations, The Case of the Noisy Attic, Interior

"Mrs. Axblossom, we have a few questions for you..."


quote:

Ask her if there are windows into or out of the attic.
"Yes dear, it has such a nice view of the town square. When we were younger, Mr. Axblossom and I used to spend our evenings together, gazing out from that little alcove over the sunset..."

---

You tell Konnie to go see if he can gain access or scout out the attic from outside, he nods and grabs Khami on his way out, leaving you with Kvelar, Johakim and Skvababt.

---

quote:

Ask her if anyone asked her to store things in the attic lately.
"No dear. Only memories."

quote:

Ask her who else has access to the house, friends, family, etc.
"Yes dear."

quote:

Ask her if they've been behaving oddly
"Oh, no dear. Everybody is always so nice when they come visit me."

quote:

Ask her what kind of roof she has.
"Why it's a lovely roof, thank you very much."

---

You decide that you need more information, so you sneak up to the door and press your ear against it.
As far as you can tell, there is only one voice, and it keeps repeating the same words over and over. "You've got to pay the price!"

Curious, you decide to look in through the rather large keyhole. There is a window letting in daylight on the right side of the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWeqR454OEY

Your scouts aren't back yet, but they probably will be soon. What do you do in the meantime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


She's totally in on it.

Though it could also be kids playing a game.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«112 »