Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«112 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Charity



The battle begins in earnest with Reverend Due coming at you hard with an appeal to authority. You strike back with dwarven logic, shattering his argument into a thousand burning strawmen.
You spot an opening and attempt to wrest control of the narrative with the full Pathos of the Little Old Lady Trope! He questions your premises with oft practised ease, sending you down a slippery slope of moral quandary!

The next strike comes as the priest lectures you on the importance of the Greater Good, of everybody playing their part within the Empire, but you turn it against him by pointing out that his argument is mostly about the greater good of Quackeen!

The priest decides it's time to bring out the big guns and heaves the contract onto the table in front of you like a great Judges Hammer, heralding your doom.
He points out stipulation after stipulation, paragraph after paragraph of relevant co-signed, vidimated binding covenants between Mrs. Axblossom and the Grand Unified World Church. His figure imposing, his point undeniable.

You shrink in the face of such a fearsome opponent, your life flashes before your eyes. Countless hours of paperwork, burning before you.
You think back to Tariff Master Cranberry, hoping against hope that some word of wisdom might leak through the carnage the Reverend has wrought to your safe world of numbers, but none appear.

In desperation, your mind races through more recent turn of events, looking for anything that can be used as a weapon.
You think of slimes, of monsters, of organising a team, of the various members of your corps and their abilities.

You think of Skvababt.


You haven't known her for very long but she always stirred something inside you.
Something mere Logos could not hope to quell. The wild, passionate appeal to emotion.

You strike out in fear!
You turn to the audience, for one always gathers at the Haggling, expecting their beloved champion to deliver a crushing defeat to his opponent.

"but but... WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"
Your cry echoes throughout the temple Quackeen, bringing everybody to their knees.

The silence is deafening, and the Reverend Due, mouth agape, sinks into his chair.
With one fell blow you have found the weak spot in his armour and brought him low.
The priests charisma depended on the will of his flock, and your highly illogical and not especially relevant assault have turned their hearts against him.


---


Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Theantero posted:

(Question: Is the Church of Quackeen perfectly fine with teaching us haggling in exchange for donations?)

I hope we impressed the reverend with our deft appeal to pathos, instead of angering him

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

ITEC Headquarters – Month 2, Week One.



Moral is at an all time high following the great success of your first two missions.
Your coffers are filling up as well, but you know in your heart that this is temporary at best in your current circumstances.

You have welcomed Skvababt into your fold, and although she has a house of her own in the outskirts of town she has expressed a desire to spend a lot of 'quality time' with you and the others here at basecamp 'training very, very hard.'

It has only been a few hours since your resounding victory and you are sharing dinner in the mess-hall, discussing options for the future.

1:
As far as you know both the missions to Gruw and Sockne are still available, but they represent a full two weeks travel to and fro. Time you might not have.
On the other hand, the pay is supposedly pretty good for at least one of the missions nd the other one should be easy enough.
With no more leads in Braav (aside from tedious and not very profitable green-slime-picking) you don't really have many other options. Or do you?

A: I tell ITEC that the time to take on our first Monster Hunting Expedition has come.
Load up the carts and bring the monster-cage-wagon whydon'tyou, it's time to go to Gruw!

B: A, Except to Sockne (which is closer) and we shall see what happens afterwards.

C: Our recent string of success has yet to make the rounds of gossip on which this business thrives. Spend a week in training, hoping that more local mission-givers drop by.

D: Why not train whilst you work? Begin the grand Oozeathon by sending out all your recruits into the Streets of Braav to collect all of the escaped slimes.

E: Something Else?
You have no other leads at the moment but that doesn't mean the world is devoid of monsters. You have a crew of skilled individuals, perhaps there is something you all could do?

As always you can ask your crew their thoughts or use your skills or those of others in ways you find appropriate. The world is your slime, as they say in Rim.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

BUM BUM BUM BUMMMMMM

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'm melted by you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!
I give my life

Not for honor, but for goo (Sludge Eater!)
In my time there'll be no one else
Slime, it's the way I die to you (Sludge Eater!)
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater!
Someday you go through the gunk,
And someday you get harassed by a tree frog,
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new blight
I give my life
Not for honor, but for goo (Sludge Eater!)
In my time there'll be no one else
Slime, it's the way I die to you (Sludge Eater!)
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater
I'm still in a dream, Sludge Eater
(Sludge Eater...)

We need to get paid, so let's go with A for now. Has Tommy recovered yet?

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at Nov 3, 2015 around 18:00

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



D

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Do remember that whatever is causing trouble in Gruw is something that has stopped several heavily escorted silver deliveries. I don't think we are hot enough stuff quite yet to take on something that can dispatch of several (presumably) well armed and trained caravan guards at once.

Let's train instead and earn some money's while we are at it. D seems like a good and safe choice.

Actually, let's go with C instead.

Also Thaum stop ignoring my question

Theantero fucked around with this message at Nov 3, 2015 around 17:51

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

I am unsure of the monetary or training value of D, seeing as how it is apparently easy enough for children to do.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

I suppose it'll give us one or two wealth and some skill ups, maybe get our foot in with the local slimegineers. On the other hand, maybe it would be smarter to train for a week, and then take the Sockne mission since it only requires a day or two of walking. However, the Sockne monster is a sheep mutilator and might have moved on/already killed when we get to it, and the promised price for the whole thing was merely 'meagre'. I could really go with either plan really, but I still maintain that Gruw seems a tad bit too risky.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

I'll admit A is super risky, but we really need the cash.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

F: Maintenance.
Repairing everyday damage to your facilities, company payroll etc. Expect morale drop or worse unless this gets one point per recruit each month. Since you are just starting out, your recruits have agreed to put off their first paycheck by one month. Thus you require twelve thirteen, with frog lady points in this category by next month, although everyone would be pleasantly surprised if you got it to them earlier.

We're behind on wages! We have 6 wealth out of the required 13 right now, if I'm not mistaken.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

We are safe for this month, at least. We should get more lucrative jobs next month when we a re a bit more established, and I say it is smarter to train now when we have some leeway and be ready for them when they come.

Horrible Lurkbeast
Jul 17, 2007

IT WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL ALONG!


Theantero posted:

We are safe for this month, at least. We should get more lucrative jobs next month when we a re a bit more established, and I say it is smarter to train now when we have some leeway and be ready for them when they come.

Well you persuaded me.
Cultivate our talents.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


D

Train while we work!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Q and A

Roland T. Dapperman posted:

I am unsure of the monetary or training value of D, seeing as how it is apparently easy enough for children to do.



The pamphlet you found is accurate. It does not take a master accountant to figure out this is more of a "school class-trip project" rather than "professional monster hunter project".
It's worth noting because of the extra clause admitting higher bounties for rarer slimes.

Roland T. Dapperman posted:

We're behind on wages! We have 6 wealth out of the required 13 right now, if I'm not mistaken.

You have amassed 7 out of a total of 13 wealth needed for this month. Unless you take on new recruits, next month will cost you a total of 7 wealth baring unforeseen circumstances.
I will update you on your financial situation at the end of the month as is Tradition or with specifics like this when you require it.


Theantero posted:

I hope we impressed the reverend with our deft appeal to pathos, instead of angering him

Roland T. Dapperman posted:

We need to get paid, so let's go with A for now. Has Tommy recovered yet?

You decided not to donate to the Church and now, additionally, you have spurned them. (well, one faction within them).
You did learn a thing or two about haggling (hence the skill gain in the victory screen) but not as much as you could have during your big debate.
Tommy is still recovering and likely will be doing so for ??? weeks.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Whoops, I was mistaken. I thought the stuff on wages was from the beginning of month one, not month two. I'll change my vote to C. We still don't really have a handle on our teams' skills and this could be a good opportunity to find out. Plus hunting monsters probably isn't the best of ideas since Tommy is still healing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

note to self, make donation to church when we can afford it.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Training Montage - Month Two, Week One.

You decide to capitalize on the recent good mood to convince your crew to spend the next week in training, if only to prepare them for a bigger expedition that might loom in your future.
Most of all they need coordination, as only three of you are used to working together. But teamwork is hard to build in a gym, so you take to the streets in search of slimes to capture for practice.



Only for a few hours, of course. Your initial fears that slime capturing might not be exactly profitable prove correct when the first one you find burns through not one, but three pairs of leather gloves with it's corrosive acid.
Perhaps there is more to Slimegeneering than you thought. Still, your crew manages to take it down without any injuries and you pawn it of to a grateful child when you are done (after making sure he could provide adequate protection).

The next two days are spent with similar exercises, first pairing people of into new teams for some task or other then coming together for a unified effort.

Some time later, Konnie brings something up at dinner.

"Heard some boys down in the tavern boast about their martial prowess, said they where going to Gruw to strike it rich in their mines. I'm guessin' we have some competition, but I didn't say nothing."

---

Another day of training follows, but this time focused on combat. You wanted to observe everyone at their best, giving it their all.
Your grounds look the worse for wear after many hours of intense battle, and your muscles ache from the effort.
Thus it is that when the knock on your front door comes, you open it dressed mostly in sweat.



"Sorry to disturb you at this late hour Mr. Ironscript. My name is Theodore Axblossom, you recall my mother yes? Thank you for your service, we are indebted to you.
It is with a heavy heart that I come to you tonight, but your recent services to our family has ignited my hope to solve a situation most dire that I hitherto thought lost."

You invite him in and make your way to your office. There seated, you beg him explain.

"You see, me and some of my fellows like to go hunting in the forests near Braav.
They are safe enough, if sparse, and not at all like the darker things on the edge of the world.
Recently however, all game has been absent and just last week we lost two hounds with nary a beast in sight.

Please, we've brought this matter to the attention of the Militia but they just say it's none of their concern. That all forests are 'unsafe' and our hunts folly.
This cannot stand! We are Men of Civilisation! What use is life without the Sport?

If you could end the monster that is scaring away the game and killing our dogs like so much vermin, we would make it worth your while."

1:
Well, do you want your while worth made?

A: Yes

B: No, i'd like to continue training!

C: Actually I want to go to Gruw instead, lest those youngsters take all that silver for themselves!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

[b]1:A[b/]

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



A

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


A

FOR SPORT!

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009



A! Tally ho, sports!

Horrible Lurkbeast
Jul 17, 2007

IT WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL ALONG!


Away we go, tracking the monster will be training enough.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

A, why not.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Slice of Life – The World So Far



Your life started in Tukatt Hold, in the mountains to the north of ITEC headquarters.
The Mountainhome overlooked a fertile valley, fed by the River Ennui that travels through much of Rim, from the northeast to the southeast, before heading off into the ocean.

The village of Braav cradles this river like so many others and is one of the larger cities in the region, nestled squarely in the middle of two mountain ranges and their respective overlords.

Sockne is a tiny hamlet, a stop on the way to the bigger cities around it. It survives on trade, hunting and some farming, but has precious little of any of these resources.

Grüw is a primarily dwarven city in the hills to your east-northeast, protected partly by terrain and partly by the formidable fortress that sits nearby.

You have never been outside of this region but from your ventures have gathered that the world of Rim is far, far larger than this tiny stretch of land that has made up your life thus far.
(Any irregularities with regards to previous statements about the world can be attributed to a confuddling of east and west, my apologies.)

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at Nov 4, 2015 around 11:17

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

The Sport – Month 2, Week One, Day Four.

Ah, Adventure beckons! You accept the case almost immediately, reassuring him that you will head of the first thing in the morning to solve this particular dilemma.
After writing up the necessary paperwork, signing the contract etc, you escort him out and gather your troops in the briefing room.



The spot where the hounds where lost is but a few hours out to north-east, a part of the nearby forest deep enough for game but not really known for it's danger.
Still, the Militia advices against common-folk straying too deep into any wooded area without protection. Of this, you are all well aware.

1: What special preparations do you take before heading off?
Your previous months inventory screen is still accurate, with the addition of a Monster-Cage-Wagon and a few less leather gloves.
You can purchase minor items without concern, they are assumed to be accounted for within your budget.

A: Write-in.

2: Who do you take with you?
Note that Tommy is still recuperating.

B: Kvelar
C: Konnie
D: Johakim
E: Khami
F: Skvababt
G: Everyone!


3: Do you have any questions?
You may still ask questions of Theodore. These are presumed to have happened retroactively.
Additionally, anyone around you is also available for input.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



2. Everyone

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Preparations: In addition to the normal survival gear and whatnot, we should probably bring some guides to animal tracts and edible/otherwise useful plants and fungi and whatnot, if those are readily available. Might as well try to pick up useful things while we are there.

Cannot see much reason to leave anyone behind, so G.

Question: Ask Theodore about the circumstances of the dogs' disappearance. Did they make any sudden noises for example as if attacked, or did they simply vanish? Anything out of the ordinary? Have they noticed strange tracts or other things of note? Corpses of animals?

Question: Ask Skvababt if she is aware of these strange disappearances in the nearby woods, and if she does then does she have any clue what it could be that is causing them. Also, ask the outdoorsy ones of our group what they recommend we bring along to an expedition to the bush where we track an unknown beast. Kvelar in particular might know useful monster hunting utilities to take, what with his experience.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2015 around 20:11

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

quote:

Question: Ask Theodore about the circumstances of the dogs' disappearance. Did they make any sudden noises for example as if attacked, or did they simply vanish? Anything out of the ordinary? Have they noticed strange tracts or other things of note? Corpses of animals?


"That's the most distressing part." He says, taking of his glasses and polishing them with a handkerchief.
"It is simply as if all the animals disappeared. What tracks we could find didn't lead anywhere in particular, and when our hounds dig pick up a scent they... partly vanished."
He shudders.
"They seemed alarmed, started running further into the forest. We thought that perhaps that sensed a turkey or wild goose, some delicatessen to our canine companions?
But no. Once we finally caught up to them, they where dead.
It was the most peculiar battlefield I have seen to this day. Great chunks of those poor dogs where missing, but there was hardly any blood, no entrails.
We were right there, nothing could have 'licked the plate clean', so to speak, with such alacrity."

He takes a sip of something strong from his hip flask.

"Dreadful."
"With no hounds, some monster on the lose and the forest eerily quiet, we decided the best course of action was to head back home immediately."

quote:

Question: Ask Skvababt if she is aware of these strange disappearances in the nearby woods, and if she does then does she have any clue what it could be that is causing them. Also, ask the outdoorsy ones of our group what they recommend we bring along to an expedition to the bush where we track an unknown beast. Kvelar in particular might know useful monster hunting utilities to take, what with his experience.



"Mmhmmm, everything interconnects in a forest, much like in the bedroom. Just look for what's missing, and you'll find what's there.
That handsome gentlemen, mentioned the game was gone did he not? Such a, pity, small animals are such joy in life, wouldn't you agree Mr. Ironscript?
Mhm. Must be something, BIG and frightening to scare of all the other critters. Your so brave to take this task on. Mhm.
I'll do what I can, to help you."

The rest of the group pipes up with various tips on small items of use, mostly things you have in your inventory already. Rope, nets, some calcified rods for traps.
Between the lot of you, you can figure out what plants to eat and which to avoid.
Kvelar suggests purchasing some extra meat from the butcher, seeing as the monster, whatever it is, seemed to enjoy eating bits of dog.
Other then that, perhaps ask Theodore if you can borrow one of his hunting dogs? He has already lost two and probably won't like that idea very much.
He has already given you ample directions to where they where lost.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Question: Ask Theodore if the dog corpses were withered looking. What did the wounds look like?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010

Q.E.D.



A. Buy/catch two wild dog as bait. Preferbly get one more hunting dog. Follow after them on a strong leash if they start chasing something in unison.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Secret Art: Toxic Crotch Whirlwind!

Does Tommy need a caretaker, or is he stable and conscious?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.


"As I said, chunks where simply missing, gone."

(Image of dead dog. No Gore. Imagine snow is forest soil).

Green Intern posted:

Does Tommy need a caretaker, or is he stable and conscious?

Johakim takes care of him for now, but Tommy is stable enough that you can leave him in bed for a few hours / a day if you pay an urchin to bring him food.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

This might take a few days, so let's not risk leaving Tommy at the hands of a stranger. Which of our group is the most medically minded? We might ask him or her to stay behind and watch Tommy.

Edit: My reading comprehension failed me.

Have Johakim stay behind with Tommy. Take everyone else

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Nyaa posted:

A. Buy/catch two wild dog as bait. Preferbly get one more hunting dog. Follow after them on a strong leash if they start chasing something in unison.

4:
You could grab a stray mutt of the street, leash it and force it into the forest as bait, or purchase a real hunting dog for your company.
Remember though, a pet is for life, not just for Emperors Day.

H: I grab a few dogs in the nearest alley,
before the escaped slimes digest them. I am doing them a service by rescuing them from their life of grime!

J: I go to the local Kennel. (-1 Wealth)
Here I will search for a high quality hunting dog or two.

K: Dogs are stupid.
Let's not waste time buying a dog.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2015 around 22:53

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003


4:
H: I grab a few dogs in the nearest alley,

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Can I say "shit" around the baby?


Grimey Drawer

4: H. Name the dogs though and treat them well

Edit: They can't already have collars or anything either. these must be true strays.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2015 around 22:57

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Eh, I suppose we should let Johakim stay behind. Wouldn't want to let anything happen to Tommy. Also, he can make sure our sweet carnival ride doesn't get stolen.

Also, I suppose we can catch a few strays, so H. Let's release them into the woods and see what happens.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

Tally Ho! - Month 2, Week One, Day Five.

Excitement all around as you gear up for your mission into the nearby forest.
You, Skvababt and Khami spend an hour skulking through nearby alleys with a few nets, looking for stray dogs to capture for your journey.

With the recent Slime leak, the neighbourhood dogs have not fared especially well.
So when you do find a pair of likely looking mutts they seem almost happy to be out of the cold, dangerous city streets and in the warm embrace of your fine-mesh hunting apparatus.



---

Dogs in tow, you leave Johakim to tend to Tommy and gather everyone else for a few hours ride to the north, to the edge of Braavs wooded area.

It is a nice, bright day and your venture forth is uneventful.
Birds sing in the trees around you, a happy little cloud sails lazily by. Soon the rougher terrain of the city gives way to rolling fields, and after a while the foliage becomes denser and denser.



---

With this pleasant atmosphere all around you, you make your way further into the forest, taking care to follow the directions given to you by Theodore Axblossom.

It's not until an hour later, when you are nearly at the landmark specified that you realize the birdsong has been absent for the last kilometre or two.
You decide to traverse the rest of the way on foot, lest you miss some important clue. You release the hounds, hoping that they will pick up some scent for you to follow.



Immediately after being let lose however they make a run for it, bolting deeper into the forest without so much as a yelp.
The suddenness of their escape blindsides you, and you all find yourselves standing there looking puzzled rather than make any sort of spirited attempt to capture them.

With nothing else to do ut follow your own instincts, you spread out and start looking for tracks or anything else of note in the area.





A whole lot of fruitless searching ensues.





Luckily for you Skvababt managed to spot the dogs trail before you lose to much time and together you make it further still into the forest.






The first thing you notice is a slight draft, followed almost immediately by a warm breeze.
Then you see a stream where the water is standing still, even though it slopes downward.
When you approach it starts flowing again as if nothing happened.

That is when things start to get weird.





The trees change. Your no alchemist, but you know an explosion when you see one. The trees all look like they are being blown away but some unseen force,
yet there is nary a sound around you, except the footsteps of you and your crew. No scorchmarks, no debris, no wall of fire. Nothing.



All around a clearing further in they stand, bent at this odd angle.
The dogs are nowhere to be seen.

Wait, scratch that.

One of them is sitting in the air.

1:
What do you do?



(The dark green outline is the edge of the clearing. The squares inside the clearing all slope downward, the darker the shade indicating lower ground. ITEC is currently in square H10, you are free to send your recruits in any direction you please.
Nothing seems overtly hostile at this moment.)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug


Greet the Dog

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003


wait a while and see if we notice anything else weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

wait a while and see if we notice anything else weird

This. Some extra observation seems like the smart thing to do when confronted by an oddity like this.

Don't forget to watch our flanks though. Maybe the dog is a trap meant to lure us in. Keep an eye out for strange riples, spatial distrubances or things freezing in midair especially. Don't drop our guard.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2015 around 11:01

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«112 »