Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

B
H


As a dwarf, not only are we a sturdy warrior, we are also uniquely disposed towards making our guild a financial success!

J: The Great Bureaucracy. A former clerk turned warrior, our connections are many and our forms always in order.
K: Duchess Cerise Carmine of Eastmarsh and Her Household. The Duchess never really forgave us for running that audit on her demesne on grounds of suspected vampirism and reports of virgins gone missing. No proof was ever procured, but at least we managed to lift the overtly punitive garlic import tariffs of the duchy as is only right and proper.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 11, 2015 around 21:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

A: Axe is a proper dwarfy weapon, and we have the strong build necessary to take advantage of it.

M: Our name is Thorgrim Ironscript.

N: Our 'guild' shall be the Ironscript Tyrannofauna Extermination Company, or ITEC for short. Clear, professional and to the point.

Now, to the prospective recruits.

We need muscle, and Tommy seems to have it. Also, he is big and experienced looking so he will most certainly impress potential buyers and convince them we are not too dweeby to handle their Giant Rat infested cellar. Ask him what kind of combat experience he has.

Ask Konnie if he has knowledge of court-intriguish crap. Our chief antagonist is a noble, so we might want to hire someone to help guard us against their trickery at some point. If he just seems like a common thief, I'm most likely not interested.

Ask around if any of our recruits have outdoorsman/ranger skills or other survival training. We do not want to stumble into a manticore nest by accident on our first bout to the bush.

Ask Khami about his unorthodox weaponry and what kind of experience training he has. We should not hire a person just they are brooding and silent and mysterious.

Ask Skvababt whether she has other skills than archery. We probably want her anyway due to her being a ranged character, but hey.

Ask Johakim how well he can handle himself in a fight.

Ask Axi if he has any sort of recommendation and what he could give us in concrete terms. We should not waste a slot this early on for a non-fighter unless the expected payoff is really good.

I'm iffy on the orc elf. He has good equipment and is probably strong, but I do not want to deal with the mentally unstable when we are just starting out.

Tentatively I'd suggest we take either H or L as our frontliner, G because a medic is always good to have, I for range, and for the last slot we either take the other fighter, the thief or the gnome, regarding on how they answer.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Or we could fill that slot with someone who will be useful as more than a distraction

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

If we get a reputation for having our people perform suicide-charges we might soon start having a shortage of recruits.

Each one of the brothers fills a useful niche. Even though the Thief has no experience with higher intrigue he might still notice if we are being watched or shadowed etc. Tommy and Erudiel are the ones geared towards frontlines, and to be honest I'd rather take the one who is mentally stable. I can see the appeal of taking all of the brothers. For the fourth I'd like Skvababt because she is the only ranged recruit and is also the one with most survival knowledge, but I do admit she is really shady and might perhaps be somewhat unsafe to keep around. Khami might be a stabler alternative.

Nevertheless, Axi and Erudiel I say we scrap. Wildcards can be useful and fun later on, but not yet when they'll have to pull a significant amount of weight by themselves.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Yeah Erudiel seems like a no-go.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

A couple questions. First how well does our cousin fare with the bow when compared to the frog lady? Second, does axedwarfship cover throwing axes?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Secondly, Axedwarfship includes all uses of the noble Dwarven Battle-Axe, from trimming your beard to trimming your opponents head off of his neck. Throwing it is absolutely included.

Fabulous.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Before I vote on anything, I'd like to apply our accounting knowledge to figure out some things. First, what kind of profit can your average starting Monster Hunting Guild expect in this region. Second, how much variance does that contain, e.g. what portion of them fail outright, how many of them just barely scrape by, how many of them strike it rich etc. Third, what sort of work do the more successful guilds take early on. Hit the books at the local tax offices and bureaus to figure this out if necessary.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Right. I suppose we should go with something to actually keep us alive, so D. Nothing prohibitively expensive though.

I suppose we could try our luck at H, since Khami might be pretty adept at catching things alive. The brothers can pursue leads, and the thief in particular might know how we can avoid getting shanked by other guilds if we actually manage to catch the thing. We should not spend too much time on this one however.

J and K seem like easy and reliable money makers to begin our careers with. I am loathe to risk spending large amounts of time on long treks to the wilderness at the moment. Maybe later when we are a bit more established, have a better understanding of our capability and don't have huge debts looming right over us. Nevertheless, if we manage to bank on those three and have time left, I suppose we could go check out G since the village is not so far away.

Anybody voting for the silver mine, please take into account that the traveling time alone will eat half the month. If we whiff that one, we will be very strapped for time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Maybe not yet, we have other stuff to do.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Question time!

How involved is gaining a Slime Breeder certificate paperwork-wise?

Do any of the brothers know what that noble's pet actually is? If not, ask them if they could snoop around for that knowledge.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

So yeah, building a slime ranch is not the best use of our time at the moment, as entertaining as it might be.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

I suggest we go with H.

L: Bring Khami and his chain obviously, he has the best shot at capturing the thing alive. Bring Johakim, since he can treat our wounds and hopefully treat poisoning (Question: does his first aid kit contain any sort of antidotes?) and he can also hopefully treat the monster too if we have to wound it. Wouldn't want to kill the thing after all, since that would cost us our reward and also might make yet another noble mad at us. Bring Konnie, less so to fight the monster, but more to snoop around for clues where it might be hiding, what it is in the first place, and also to keep an eye on other guilds on the hunt. Reconnaissance seems like it would be useful in this mission. For additional muscle, bring Kvelar. I feel he is better suited to a mission like this, since he has actual experience with this line of work and might know how to handle monsters better than Tommy. Tommy seems to be more of a 'brute strenght' kind of person, and this mission requires a certain amount of finesse. Leave Tommy to guard the office.

M: Bring nets, rope, thick reinforced gloves, other such things that we might need to restrain, handle and pull the monster. Question: Are there alchemists/pharmacists or other such people around? If so, can we afford monster sedatives or sleeping potions or equivalents? Do those even exist?

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2015 around 12:09

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

I'm not sure about this potion. One wealth point into single use item that we have no guarantees will even work or that we might not even know how to use correctly. Also, we would have to wait for several precious days or alternatively take a risk with untested manufacturing methods. I say we pass.

The potions for ingredients deal seems good though. We should keep that in mind and return to it when we are not so strapped for money/time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

I'm not that averse towards taking Tommy too, it's not like there is much to guard at our office at this point and we could potentially use him. I suspect this is one of the tougher of the starting quests and extra help is always useful.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

We should do all of the above for starters. However, nobody should separate outside line of sight from the rest of the party. It might still be around somewhere close by and we do not want to picked apart by some sort of ambush predator.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 18, 2015 around 09:04

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Examine the footprints. Does the middle creature seem quadrupedal? Do the prints look like claws or paws? Do they have any other defining charasteristics?

Do the humanoid footprints seem like the creature that made them was wearing shoes? Can say, Johakim estimate the size of the creature based on those footprints?

Also, Examine the pockmarks. Do they have anything, like spines inside of them (use tools or tweezers or something do dig around, don't put your finger in strange holes)? Anything else of interest?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Yeah, let's take our time with this, and not blindly charge a bunch of people who's combat capabilities we know nothing about.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sapphira posted:

Cowfoot has the right idea here. Observe from a safe distance then nab somebody when the opportunity reveals itself.

This, but let's do it during nighttime when there are less people awake, and thus less people to get suspicious when a person takes a bit too long to return.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Nyaa posted:

Multi pronged attack

Theif at B4 sneak tp backstab crown.
Fighter A at E10 follow up when the clown turn toward theif.
Fighter B at A10 follow up when clown turn toward fight B.
Medic at E4 step in to heal if neccasary, otherwise follow up attack the clown.

Dwarf hide on top of the tend at A4 and surpise air axe the clown if neccasary, but save it for any reinforcement.


Cool battle plan but no, since our plan was to capture and interrogate a guy not kill the first guy that comes out. We should take advantage of our surprise and the fact this person is alone. Let's have Konnie at B4 and have him sneak up on the guy, do the whole 'put a knife on his throat from behind' shtick, threaten him to be either silent or dead etc. and then take him to another location where we can interrogate him. Will post other locations later, since I feel them less relevant at the moment.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 21, 2015 around 20:00

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Welp.

Have Khami advance from behind, and try to trip the clown.
Give the clown one final chance to surrender when/if he goes to ground, hopefully he will get in line after he realizes he's outnumbered.
If not, have Konnie slit his throat and drag this corpse out of the way.
Tommy should advance if the clown struggles and put him out of his misery if Konnie can't cut it.
Kvelar should take aim at the tent entrance and ready to shoot any clownforcements.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Huh. Did not expect plant-zombies to be smart enough to abduct a monster. Well, I suppose they'll be weak to slashing, so uhh... slash at it? I guess

Also, let's not burn everything yet. We still have a monster to find.

I doubt the plant has vitals to stab, so Konnie should keep a bit of distance and maybe distract the zombie whilst we axe-wielders hack it down.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

We should fall back a bit and help Tommy, cut the vine etc. Johakim too should come and help him.

Konnie should go fetch something to make flames with, since daggers probably won't hurt these things.

Kvelar is used to single combat, let him fight the zombie alone for now. (Thaum said in IRC we are not used to fighting as a group. Maybe this will play to Kvelar's strengths)

Khami should keep entangling the zombie.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Carry the pieces a good distance away, dig a small firepit to make the flames less visible, burn the vines on low flame.

Have Johakim take a look at Tommy.

Try a different strategy: Sneak around the camp since these vine-zombies don't seem to be too perceptive. Let's try and find Flopsy and leg it via stealth.

Arkanomen posted:

Make sure no one is showing any strange injuries or is infected by whatever that was
Do this.

Nyaa posted:

Torn a large hole on the tent and look from the outside, don't go in yet.
Do this if we can't find Flopsy outside the tent, but have Konnie be the cutter. He can hopefully cut a small hole silently with his knives.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2015 around 20:41

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Hrm.

Ask Konnie to peer harder and try to approximate how many figure there are standing there.

Mayhaps we should take a bit more analytical approach here? Try to figure how these things tick. Maybe these monsters, being plants, aren't that active in the darkness. Maybe we should make Konnie crawl under the sheets and take a few tentative steps inside, to see if they react in any way. And if they do, then leave.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

PLEASE do not torch the mission objective.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Theantero posted:

PLEASE do not torch the mission objective.

This, on the other hand, sounds like a good idea to me.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Yeah, stake down the moving lumps as per Ark's plan. Then cut free the wagon and check it for a giant arachnid. If arachnid is present, then take the wagon and return to the mansion. I don't think we should take unnecessary risks with the other lumps at the moment. Let's play it safe instead.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

1: No
2: Let's not take unnecessary risks. A vine clown was almost too much for us, I don't want to risk it with a goddamn vine bear.
3: No. Let's just take Flopsy and scram. We should get Tommy treatment as well.


Let's not take unnecessary risks on our first mission guys. Like, what would we even do with a live monster bear? We certainly have no place to keep it, and we know of no bounties for it. What is the reasoning for taking such a huge risk for basically no reward (that we know of)?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Throw oil and a torch between us and the wagon and the monster (say tile E6) and pray to whatever gods that we know of that it decides to flee to the opposite direction.

It is an animal, and probably more scared than bloodthirsty. Hopefully if we give it reason to run elsewhere it will, instead of escalating conflict.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Lazaruise posted:

B

Admonish ourselves we froze during the battle we need more through training ourselves to keep that from ever happening again. The whole team needs to train at working together rather than separately but otherwise I think everyone did fairly well

This. I also agree with Nyaa about us needing more variety. Cannot do monster hunting puzzling if the only tool you have is a hammer, after all.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Well, I suppose we could go check that the old woman hasn't been horribly eaten. C

Skvababt could be useful, so F.

Also, handle the necessary paperwork in regards to that death certificate, return it to the coroner's office or something. There is still procedure that has to be followed

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Question: Can our keen dwarven mind spot any practical benefit in leaving people behind? Will they train? Or will they just rest and relax, mayhaps improving morale or something?

Question: Do we know how large the woman's attic is? Will it even have room for 7 people to fight in?

Question: Do we have any cat carrier sized cages than can hold small creatures but are convenient enough to carry by hand? What about nets? I was thinking we might want to capture one or two of these creatures and maybe ferry them to that alchemist or someone if they turn out to be more exotic than your average house rat. Maybe Skvababt has some in her house, she has that ranger vibe about her and thus might have something like that.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2015 around 16:30

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Right. I suppose we can bring everyone then. However, any room we have to 'cram ourselves into' is not a room we can actually fight in effectively. The actual combat team should be smaller.

Konnie does not need to fight, I'd believe, but since he is a thief he probably has good eyes and ears and could cautiously scout the attic for us to figure out what it actually is we're fighting.

Johakim can hang back and disinfect any plague-rat bites or whatever after the scuffle is over.

Khami could potentially be useful in the fight, since his weapon has reach and he could help capture the critters (rats might be impossible to catch with a chain, but if they are closer to cat size then maybe).

Kvelar is our best fighter so he is in.

Skvababt should bring her nets. Her archery is probably not going to be that useful however, since we are fighting small and probably agile creatures in (most likely) rather poor lighting, and she did say her accuracy is poorer at short ranges than long ones way back in the beginning.

I say we spend an hour or two looking for those cages, but have someone who is good with people spend that time with the granny, both for her own protection and to wring all benefit from this whole 'good publicity' thing ("oh those young people were so nice and polite they even stayed for tea!"). Maybe Skvababt with her happiness pheromones? Kvelar and Khami also seem rather upstanding fellows, so one of them could also fill that role.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Seems like there is some sort of ritual sacrifice going on there, what with that whole 'You've got to pay the price!' chant.

So, I suggest we gather info sneakily. Konnie should probably scout ahead.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

RandomPauI posted:

Ask her questions!

Ask her if there are windows into or out of the attic.

Ask her if anyone asked her to store things in the attic lately.

Ask her who else has access to the house, friends, family, etc.

Ask her if they've been behaving oddly

If she asks why the questions, tell her its to rule a few things out.

Ask her what kind of roof she has.


If the roof has simple tiles that can be removed we can possibly disrupt the cult activity from above. If there's a window we have a way to observe things and maybe a way to fire arrows in.

Lets be meta here, the ritual is probably close to being finished so we should probably have a plan for attack if a demon of some sort is summoned.

Yeah, let's do this before we commit to any plan of action.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Creepy painting inside the attic probably has something to do with things. As for activities, uhh... perform some pre-battle stretches and warm-up I guess? Try to do it relatively quietly however. Can't really do much more in a couple of minutes.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Arkanomen posted:

Just burn it down on principle. Public nuisance it is.

ark no

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

RandomPauI posted:

1: Have a conversation with our crew to determine the best person to negotiate on the old woman's behalf.
2: Inform the old woman about the possession and it's likely cause. Ask her for any information she might have about promises to the church that a loved one might have made.
3: Offer to come along with the old woman to help her negotiate a payment structure with the church.


This.

However, ask the painting what is owed, before asking the old woman. Apply whatever accounting knowledge we have when it comes to dealing with godly servants. Also, rack our brain to try and recall if these things can do anything more threatening than just chant annoyingly.

This is not a mission for a blade or a flame. This is a mission for an accountant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

We have accounting knowledge and ties to the Bureaucracy, so we should be making the actual deals. A.

However, when it comes to Mrs. Axblossom, we should get someone who is amicable instead. Remember, this is more a publicity stunt than anything, and I doubt that the 1 or so extra wealth we might be able to squeeze from her ourselves would hardly be worth her blabbing to the entire town how we are evil and greedy. Have the Charming Rogue Skvababt break her the news in a gentle manner, and remind her that we can be flexible with our payment as the middle man. It does not matter if we lose a portion of our reward if it is really tiny anyway. E.

We are just starting out, and I feel it would be bad to immediately become infamous as 'that guild that extorts that sweet old granny down the street.'

Theantero fucked around with this message at Nov 1, 2015 around 09:51

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«7 »