Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Theantero posted:

A: Axe is a proper dwarfy weapon, and we have the strong build necessary to take advantage of it.

M: Our name is Thorgrim Ironscript.

N: Our 'guild' shall be the Ironscript Tyrannofauna Extermination Company, or ITEC for short. Clear, professional and to the point.

Now, to the prospective recruits.

We need muscle, and Tommy seems to have it. Also, he is big and experienced looking so he will most certainly impress potential buyers and convince them we are not too dweeby to handle their Giant Rat infested cellar. Ask him what kind of combat experience he has.

Ask Konnie if he has knowledge of court-intriguish crap. Our chief antagonist is a noble, so we might want to hire someone to help guard us against their trickery at some point. If he just seems like a common thief, I'm most likely not interested.

Ask around if any of our recruits have outdoorsman/ranger skills or other survival training. We do not want to stumble into a manticore nest by accident on our first bout to the bush.

Ask Khami about his unorthodox weaponry and what kind of experience training he has. We should not hire a person just they are brooding and silent and mysterious.

Ask Skvababt whether she has other skills than archery. We probably want her anyway due to her being a ranged character, but hey.

Ask Johakim how well he can handle himself in a fight.

Ask Axi if he has any sort of recommendation and what he could give us in concrete terms. We should not waste a slot this early on for a non-fighter unless the expected payoff is really good.

I'm iffy on the orc elf. He has good equipment and is probably strong, but I do not want to deal with the mentally unstable when we are just starting out.

Tentatively I'd suggest we take either H or L as our frontliner, G because a medic is always good to have, I for range, and for the last slot we either take the other fighter, the thief or the gnome, regarding on how they answer.

I like this vote.

Also, ask Axi Meyer what inventions he has for us right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Arkanomen posted:

Pretty sure she worked with a cannibal or something making skin lamps. Do not trust the frog.

I agree. The only one I want so far is L: Khami . The gnome is just too much of a liability now, as we need fighters, and our base to not explode.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Theantero posted:

Or we could fill that slot with someone who will be useful as more than a distraction

Yeah, that was my thought. HiHo ChiRho's plan of taking the brothers as well might work. They know how to work together.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Sooooo. Do we have a safe place we can set up if we capture slimes, and sell their kids for a bounty?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Nyaa posted:

Build Slime Ranch

We can use them for training practice too!

That Slime of Life was magnificent.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Would the gnome be up for a quid pro quo? We bring him exciting and interesting monster bits and he provides us with potions.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Okay, future trade is good, but waiting is silly now. Let's go monster hunting!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Look for shed fur, scales etc, that will give us a hint on what flopsy is.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


1. Kill all the people.
2. Return Flopsy.
3. Give all the other monsters to the alchemist.
4. $$$$$$

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Is that an . . . undead clown?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Plant faun zombie clown?

TRULY A MONSTER.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


drat plant zombie clowns.

Cut the vine.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Arkanomen posted:

Make sure no one is showing any strange injuries or is infected by whatever that was

Oh hell.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Maybe we can send word back that we found his . . . thing and he can come fetch it.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


1. C
2. G

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Nyaa posted:

Unless we can send the rest to other quest, EVERYONE

FIELD TRIP!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


She's totally in on it.

Though it could also be kids playing a game.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


A

We trust our self. What need for charisma? We have math.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


D: Pragmatism.

If there is one thing a dwarf accountant is familiar with, it is pragmatism.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


D

Train while we work!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


A

FOR SPORT!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Is it a magic snail?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

The Other Clearing

You rush your team up to Skvababt to mount some sort of group-offence, taking care to pull Konnie back in before the monster notices him fully.

Behind you the oil catches fire, and through the flickering flames you can piece together an absence of some great forest creature, all rage and hunger.
The void of it's arms is tearing into the corpse of a dog as fire spreads all around it, but it doesn't seem fazed.



You step into the clearing. The colour drains from your world, a rain that wasn't there before caresses your cheeks on it's way into the sky.
The fire is nowhere to be seen and your first step takes you somewhere else -.
Your brain is ready for the sudden jault since you saw it happen to Konnie, but your body still finds the experience extremely disturbing.

Instead of a clearing you see a large hill in the distance, the ground towards it inclining upward far more than your feet tell you it should.
You close your left eye experimentally and see yourself standing back in the clearing and your sudden headache tells you this is a really bad idea.
You open them again and focus, trying to find any trace of the monster that Konnie was screaming about.

"Ain't anything there? Alright, ITEC! Advance! Get ready for anything!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nff5AOJbEOs
(still image)

As if on cue, the monster appears, phasing into view. The size of a large bear, it stands on two thick legs and menaces with long sharp claws on it's front paws.
The head is crowned by skeletal antlers and it's lack of eyes look directly at you. It's jaws open, but you cannot hear anything.
All sound except that of your own voice and an echo of fire is muted.

Your team steps into the clearing behind you, and everyone except Kvelar seems to take the trip well.
He is down on his knees, clutching his head.

"Ugh, What is this place?" He says, shaking it off.

You ready your weapons, the monster charges.
Battle is upon you.

What do you do?



DON'T DIIIIIIEEEEE!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


So. Were we set up? Was this a test? Who made this thing?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Nah, we have a friendly gnome who might be able to make us CRAZY cool stuff with this body.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Ah poo poo.

Take a look around. There may be treasure.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


2. Report it to the proper authorities when we get back. BUREAUCRACY remember?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


What does the tea do?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Swedish Thaumocracy posted:



"I don't know!! Lets find out??!"

Maaaaaaan. I want to drink the tea!

GO

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


B: The Field

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


A

We have more cupcakes. By the time they are gone, perhaps we can learn to do this without them.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


There is loot in the cave! Loot! Don't kill the loot!

(Sponsored by the Committee For More Loot)

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


OWLBEAR MOUNTS. OWLBEARS JOIN OUR GUILD.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Tran posted:

B: The thing he thinks he saw was probably a kelpie. Tell him we'll need specialized tools before we hunt his beast. Notably a bridle marked with holy symbols. As backups we'd need powdered silver for our weapons and oil for quickly setting a hot fire. If we manage to gather all of that, we'd then have to search for a human with hoofs or water plants in their hair, or a horse with backward hooves. If it's saddled, you cut the saddle off. If it isn't, you try to get the holy bridle into its mouth. If neither is an option, you stab it with heated weapons coated dusted with silver.

C: Sure, why not. She's got two weeks to prove she can hack it. If she can't pull her own weight by then, either she gets the boot or hires on as a non-combat role for a steady wage with no hunt share.

This sounds like a sound plan. However, half share until she is trained or proves herself. Right now she's a burden. If she can prove otherwise, that'll increase her share.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Abigail likes sparring. How does she fight? Fists? Spiked gauntlets maybe. Does she prefer to be lightly armored? Bow, perhaps. Maybe a glaive of some kind, to keep her safe as she learns. I'd say giving her input makes it more likely she'd devote herself to learning the weapon.


As for the owlbears. If we can get them gendered, sell one of the duplicates!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


DOH! I'm a doof, sorry.

Then I say go with the polearm.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Not yet?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Alchemy.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


Do the kobolds have a leader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012


BC

We're going to have to spend cash to make cash. Gar up and kill some Kobolds! While being super careful about traps. Traps are dangerous.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«2 »