Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

Ask if Flopsy happens to be trained and knows any commands that might be useful to know (such as elvish for "heel and stop trying to eat me").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

Man, if this was the most lucrative job on offer and it didnt even cover a third of our monthly expenses we're gonna either need to hustle a lot more work or hone our negotiation skills some.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

Don't eat the hellbeast guys, c'mon.

If we can sell the monster even for 1 Wealth then we have enough to pay our crew their wages and still have the rest of the month left. Also since we're going to presumably be in a position to continue dragging home weird corpses we should probably cultivate some contacts among alchemists, taxidermists, circuses, and gourmets to get top dollar for the beasts we bring back. If someone will buy what we kill we're just leaving money on the table not to.

So sell the hellbeast, then pay our people, give them the rest of the week for R&R...we've just had three jobs in quick succession with no breaks...then dedicate the next week to training and the last week of the month can be given over to more jobs to help pay off our loans and maybe procure some more gear.

Also the rose. What's up with that? We should find out.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

So have we not eaten any of the cupcakes yet or was that included under "good food" which we enjoyed? If we ate any, did they do anything?

I agree that Sockne seems like our best bet for another job. The other place is gonna be too crowded with competitors. I still feel like we should try to set aside one full week every month solely for training purposes unless we desperately need that time for other matters (scrabbling for cash, etc). We've skated by so far but each time save the old lady's house we've wound up with at least one person taking a good hit. Our coordination and teamwork tactics need some refinement. Think of it like an investment, the better we can train ourselves and avoid injury the less we have to pay the church.

So Sockne first. This time let's make sure our people are reasonably well-equipped before heading out...I don't mean purchasing anything so much as "let's all ensure that our people have a standard basic monster hunter's kit on them" so we can actually try things like the "throw flour on the invisible monster" trick which nearly didn't pan out. Flaming oil, some rope, a small pouch of flour, charcoal and parchment, etc. Dare we carry the vials we got? It's all fun and games until someone gets hit and their bottle of superacid breaks.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

nothing to seehere posted:

For those unaware on the strength of our new superacid, look below

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...ygen_difluoride

Highlights: spontaneous explosions at -180C!

Yeah I thought that sounded familiar. We're leaving that stuff at home in a vault for now. We all need better "throwing stuff accurately" training before I trust anyone, ourselves included, with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012

Fallen Rib

I'm telling you folks, when we're off the job we need some kinda training period. We should buy some cheapo glassware and practice our "bottle hurling" skills if we're going to be chucking flaming oil and concentrated spitefulness at things.