Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
B, ask the frog girl what's been bothering her but first try to get an arrow into the fleeing kobold if possible at all. Then tend to the wounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

1. Kobolds may not be very strong, but they make up for it in number and shrewdness. Do not rush into a battle with them, or any other enemy for that matter, in a battleground you do not know. Always check your back. Khami needs some space to be effective, try not to put him in situations where he may be overwhelmed. Tommy and Kvelar are our best melee fighters. Skavbat becomes less useful in closed spaces.

2: A - Take Kvelar and Konnie and clear the workers quarters.

The mine will probably make frog lady nearly useless. I don't know useful a bow would be to start with there, so it may not make much of a difference. We definitely make sure we won't get surrounded by killing every Kobold outside before venturing in. And advance into the mine very carefully.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Regarding 2:

We are probably going to find some open rooms but also several corridors, trapped corridors.

Ask Skavbat if he feels she would be useful down there.

Ask everyone which position they should take in a line.

I'm thinking our cousin in the front, he has a shield. And the big guy with a club in the back, he can take care of a sneaking kobold on his own.

Ask the Khami if he thinks he can use his chains in a tight space.

Frog lady should come and be somewhere in the middle, she has big eyes and is an archer, probably has a good eye for traps. Let's ask her to be sure.

We are not such a good fighter, we should let the rest take care of enemies if they come in the straight line, we go in the back with Tommy.

Abigail in front of us, away from danger hopefully. Or maybe we should let both her and Skavbat guarding the entry to the mine.

For now: Kvelar, Konnie, Khami, Johakim, Skavbat, Abigail, us, Tommy

As for the questions:

How many kobolds are in the mine?

Let's start with something simple.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Try to open the door with one of the poles.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

fuckin' kobolds. Let's see if Konnie puts the new fancy daggers to use

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Leave Tommy and Skabvat to guard the entry into the side path while we inspect it with the rest of our teammates. If we find he path continues to diverge we reassess the situation. Are there planks availabe to cover the pit trap? Don't want our retreat to be suddenly interrupted because we forgot about it. For that matter, could the door (that Tommy sadly broke...) usable enough to block a side path if we nail it to the wall, or something like that? Although the kobolds are crafty enough that a few nails won't delay them long.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Can we see the weapons the kobolds are using? According to the images there's o ly one archer.
I also suspect there may be something in tbe lake.
Is the way we came in the only exit we can see?
Are we close enough that we can shout for the rest of the party?
Either shout for them or go get them.
Turtle up In the narrow area with the whole party while Skavbar and Kvelar take a few shots, throw something heavy in the water to see if anything moves. Keep a few eyes looking back.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Plan Konnie. Let's split, Tommy, Abigail and daggerteer take one side, we take the other.

Kvelar (our cousin?) can try to take some shots over the lake when they are distracted by Tommy or try to pin down the archers. I don't know if the range works for this.

I'm a bit worried about the lake. It probably allows the kobolds to walk through it, making the "go through the sides strategy" a good way for US to get cornered. Eh, let's risk it. But reassess the second one of those little shits starts doing something funny related to the lake. Turn off torches as we walk past them. Do leave one "on" behind us, don't want to give the kobolds the option to fight in the dark. And unusually bright torches may come in handy later.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

CHANGING TO PLAN THE ANTERO

But also throw one torch into the lake because hey, why not?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

Because we might enrage a giant slime and die.

Yes, of course, but on the other hand we might enrage a giant slime. It's risky as hell for little to no rewards, but it's gonna make for a hell of a story to tell in the inn.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

However, if someone can provide proof of ownership, then you would be out of luck. Slimes are a good example as they are often used in heavy industry for all manner of purpose.

Can we think of a reason that a slime would be needed in a salt mine? As a dwarf we should know this.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B

I was gonna say to send someone to block the exit, but I remembered that Skavbat is guarding the tunnel. I trust her to put an arrow in any kobold that runs her way.

Tell Abiagail to grab the torch next to her and fall back

We have 3/6 torches under our control, if dagger guy moves quickly. With Kvelar also advancing through the northern shore and if we move carefully we should be able to handle this.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

gently caress it, leave with the torches. Tactical retreat, have someone carry us while someone goes to alert the medic.

Leave the kobolds with the giant slime, and we keep the torches in the tunnel while we receive medical care. After a while (when the kobold screams stop) we advance with the extra shiny torches. Light a few extra of our own. No need to push the fight into the darkness.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how the kobolds plan to stay safe with an out of control slime in the room. IF that's what we are dealing with.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

This feels like a "Do you wanna die? Y/N" kinda vote.

Except I'm not sure if A or E ar ethe survive option. If we go inspect the cord we may be able to tether ourselves more strongly to our body, assuming that right now we are "our soul" or something like that.

Anyway, E

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Try to relight the supertorches, if that doesn't work use regular torches. Either from the walls or our own stock. If we use ours replace them with torches made out of kobold equipment. Use enough regular torches until the lake is as still as when we first saw it. Don't send the whole team to do this, someone needa tk stay with Skavbat just in case. Ourselves, Joakhim and Abigail I guess. Two guys go with supertorches, the rest with regular ones to provide back up.

poo poo, the eyesight thing is a real drawback for combat situations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Bandwagoning on

C
G
L

Keep the updates comin'

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

An army? How many have you seen? Do you know what that noise is? Any advice for battling the kobolds? What weapon do you use? Think you can be of aid in the coming battle? Do you want us to rescue now or after we finish killing the kobolds?

A

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

A
F

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

----12---- 13--
A Cousin Chain
B Tommy Abigail
C Ragnar Daggers
D Ourselves

My reasoning is have the guys with shields on the first line. And also Tommy because he is the most able to one shot a kobold, but he is a big target, so he needs protection on both sides.

Keep the fragile characters on back up, ready to break through the line if needed.

The kobolds may try to surround us, we should try to advance slowly, but without stopping. Our cousin should try to nail kobolds with the crossbow as we advance.

I'm worried about the barrel on the corner, they are stupid enough to have gunpowder next to torches.

Caped kobold and the tall ones may be trouble, but hopefully we will have taken the 2 crossbows and a few others before engaging them, enabling us to use all of our members at full strength.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

So much for that I guess.

Have Kvelar and Khami rush through the top, trying to get closer to the kobolds on the top left corner, first step is to take the crossbow wielding one, maybe with a bolt from Kvelar's cbow. Kvelar will lead the charge, to block incoming fire with his shield.

Tommy and Abigail will try to take care of C6 and C7.

Ourselves and Ragnar will go "under" that crashed stalactite and deal with the ones there.

I assume the mine cart is still advancing, Daggers will rush to it to try and kill it, can't leave one alive behind our line.

I was worried the barrel may be dynamite, guess not if they are guarding it. And Egg can talk and give orders just after being born, impressive.

Check the roof for any other trap looking stuff. And watch out for pit traps. May be difficult in the heat of battle, but try to see if the kobolds avoid any "square"

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 31, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B.

Glad to see my ppan worked 10% like i had expected. That's what you get for letting me decide tactics.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

1. TAKE COVER!. There is a flaming cord coming this way, try to get something solid between us and the explosion. Maybe move behind the rubble in the upper side of the map.

2. Take the ultra bright torch and retreat.

3. Continue fighting this way, it is working

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

ACE

What do we know about kobold egg? Would anyone be willing to pay for them? A potion monger, a scientist, anything.

"Sup Egg? What should I do with you?"

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Oh right, that seal, let's check it out.

Read Imperial Notice.

Attempt to remove Egg's crown.

Good info for Skavbat about the Kobolds' leather. If no one is willing to buy them (which would be my number 1 choice) we can use them ourselves. But it would be a smelly trip back to wherever we are from. Specially if we are going to try and deal with the Yetis next. But I think we are going to get enough loot to go back, gear up, train a bit and think more carefully about our next mission. Provided the slime doesn't kills us all.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

RandomPauI posted:

I'm not gonna lie. On the one hand, enslaving a sentient geing is horrible, even if the being is horrible itself. On the other hand, I sorta want to keep it as a pet. Maybe train it to ride an owlbear.

This is certainly a bad idea, but it's still amusing.

I wouldn't oppose to carrying him with us until we find a suitable buyer. But I don't like us having to leave a full grown kobold (this guys grow in like 2 days) in a cage while our group sleeps. They do have a tendency to create traps, I doubt a wooden cage would stop him. And we already have 3 owlbears to worry about. So I say:

Present Egg to the Magistrate. He may have some original idea or purpose.

And holy poo poo, sabotage, that's interesting. But I'd rather not follow up on it. Just let the magistarte know and start an investigation himself. We can hear about it in 4 months when a full war has broken out between two random cities.

edit: Keep the crown

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Arcturas posted:

Why do goons want stupid pets? It's a kobold. kill it and take the crown.

We are only keeping them until we can sell them. It's just solid business.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B

Let's mess with potentially magical objects

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Head back to Gruw, get money, leave people at temple, hire faster transportation, go to that city with the able members. Feasible?

That's just B, but I'd like to know if the rest of the plan would work. Is there a horse, or cart service in Gruw?

B

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

1. A

Let's experiment while time is of the essence, nothing can go wrong.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Try to feel how many crumbs do we have. Do we know wbat crumbs are? How do we expend them? Can we regain them?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

HBar posted:

D. B is also important, but with the frayed lifeline and now whatever this problem is, it seems like we're being sabotaged. The presence is the first suspect.

The alien presence may just be the slime.

People aren't voting to wait and asses so I'll go ahead and vote GO BACK TO.OUR BODY.

edit: wait, I suck at reading. B

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 19, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Back to our body it is, we need our crumbs, for reasons.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

1. A
2. F

Propose hiring him for our company. He seems used to be the leader, but he may appreciate the opportunity to get back in business quickly without needing to gather a group. If not as a member, we could use a few fighting lessons.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

C. Allow our group members the chance to use their salary to get something from here. Maybe the items offered aren't easily obtained.

How is the matter of rent going to be handled? We are probably not going to be in *home city* for at least 2 weeks, if we choose to obey that prophetic vision or whatever. How much of the 13 wealth is going to salaries? I'm thinking keep enough for rent (in case we don't come by another mission before we return), spend the rest on equipment.

Let's not forget that we have 3 owl bear cubs, which would probably net us an extra 3 wealth. Fair assessment?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Voting to coldly look at owlbears, calculating if it would be more profitable to sell them while still alive or if we should skin them first.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Right, we even have to pay for the healing of some of our number. And others are lacking gear or otherwise unable to fight. How are we going to deal with the yetis this way? I'd say, take the money, go do the solo/not full group "Prophetic Vision" side quest, return and join with the newly healed group, expend all new/not spent money on equipment on Grüw or other nearby town, and then go kill the yetis.

So, for this vote B

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B
C

Our wounds are quite minor right? After a few days of not doing anything very physical we should be back to 100%, right? Or dow e have a wound that requires medical care?

2. Full team member. He fights with us, and he helps us train. (I'm thinking 2 wealth?)

3. I don't feel like paying 1 wealth for her services. We should try to arrange a system where we give her first pick of our spoils, and she provides us with healing potions and other inventions at a discount price or something? But that would end up costing us more than 1 wealth! Stupid idea.

Hire the drat gnome.

4. We kicked rear end everyone! Next round's on me! Skavbat, you knew we were going to a mine, perhaps you could've let us know a bit earlier about your condition? Still, exceptional work before going down, and in the "interrogation". Abigail, a dead enthusiastic party member isn't much help. Next time you may get yourself killed.

I know I only said bad stuff about the women, but I can't really remember anything good or bad about the other team members.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Changing a few things of my original vote:

1. A. Adding A, if it's for everyone and it includes getting rid of the mysterious bright lights.

3. Agree to pay her 1 gold a month, but she remains in her lab, she can work there. She experiments with our loot, giving us some of what she makes of it, being able to sell part of it. The whole "blowing up" our headquarter makes sense.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Juat to clarify, i want us to hire the gnome. But she remains in her home. But we give her our loot for her to make items for us. I don't knkw if this deal is beneficial for her, but it's what i want to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Tran posted:

If you want the gnome, it basically means we have to buy a whole other building or excavate a sturdy basement. She's just too expensive right now.

Or she keeps working on the house she already has? And we take her the materials for her experiments, and we get the results at a discount, because we pay her a flat monthly rate instead of on a per job basis.