Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
CORE STRENGTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

There are too many Mets fans here

Most people know it's been a very long dry spell for the Dodgers. But also $300,000,000 in payroll (with $125,000,000 in luxury tax payments) has this effect.

Come back if they win the series, because many people would rather see LA buy a title than the Cardinals hustle and grit and heart their way to one with hot-hitting rookies and suddenly fixed trash prospects.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

What does any of this mean?

You know the Dodgers have led MLB in attendance since new ownership took over right?

I'm not sure how that is relevant. You wondered why people don't like your team in this thread; so I mentioned that they're spending $Alaska.

Unless I misread you and you wondered why there are so many Mets fans at Dodger Stadium, in which case, oops sorry.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Lockback posted:

"Good pitchers have a knack for getting wins, even when they don't have run support."

MLB announcers make my head hurt.

It's true, though.

Good pitchers hit dingers and help themselves.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I thought the point of adding extra umps was preventing poo poo like this.

New York sportswriters can interrupt their usual making GBS threads on A-Rod to poo poo on Chase Utley for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

quote:

Video of Utley slide in a game a month ago http://t.co/A0FhNRMbp0

I feel bad for Utley's depth perception problem. He keeps running for second base and finding he missed it wide by about four feet.

• Locked thread