Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bort
Mar 13, 2003

I've been waiting for Addison Reed to let me down. Glad that's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

If they reversed the force call at second, Utley would have been safe. Him not touching the bag is kind of irrelevant, the replay official has the authority to place him at 2nd regardless.

This is right. He was out when he left the field. Had there been no call, he would have been able to touch base.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Take out slides are so vague. Utley isn't out of the base path, but he's clearly going for the player and not the bag. Rules say he's out, but that's never called. They stop the catcher collisions, but second base is still okay for some reason.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Well, we have a half inning.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

He wasn't three feet out of the baseline.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Well maybe I worded it wrong. He slid so far over the base to take out a middle infielder that he didn't even accidentally touch it with his rear end or something. You're not allowed to do that.

You're right, the rules say he's out, but "good roughneck play" is still a thing. This might change it.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

The replay logic goes like this: Utley was aware he was out on the field, so he had no obligation to return to the base and left the field of play as normal. After the replay showed that Tejada did not complete the force, the umpire has placed Utley at second as he would have made an effort to return to the base under that circumstance.

And Tejada had a broken leg so he wouldn't have beaten him to the bag :v:

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Hub Dirt posted:

Whole lot of pussies in this thread.

We're just mad.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Well, I did want Flores to get a shot in the postseason. I guess I get my wish.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Oh, and gently caress the Phillies. Utley and Rollins will always be Phillies.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I got to be happy while Buckner's career was ruined. Gotta take this in stride.

loving Reed, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

We already wanted them to throw at Utley, right?

CubsWoo posted:

and go on to be swept by the winner of the other LDS
QFT. I didn't think we were gonna beat Kershaw.

• Locked thread