Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia State isn't beating Georgia Southern so its far more likely South Alabama goes to the Cure Bowl.

Tell me tell me tell me
How you do that trick
play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Benne posted:

BYU to the Las Vegas Bowl

BYU to a place where they can play Memphis again and continue their actual, literal fight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Getcher rear end down here boy

Memphis wouldn't be terrible but I'd rather go to Tampa. If it ends up being Memphis I can probably write it off as a work trip. :madmax:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Dr_Strangelove posted:

If we have a "Cure Bowl," I drat well want to see a Smiths Bowl or a Morrissey Bowl.

Just have a general sensitive goth bowl. You could get really conceptual with the uniforms - like UNC vs TAMU could become Charlotte Sometimes vs Depeche Grode

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Everyone all wearing heavy eyeliner instead of eye black, everyone's mascara all running from the sweat, all playing that little melody that recurs throughout The Downward Spiral before every third down, refs all dressed like Beetlejuice n poo poo

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 3, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
USF and WKU in the Miami Beach Bowl per Brett McMurphy. That should be pretty fun.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

USF and WKU in the Miami Beach Bowl per Brett McMurphy. That should be pretty fun.

USF coach Willie Taggart vs his alma mater/previous head coaching job!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

May The Dinger Machine again roar it's approval for TDs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Word on the street is that, if selection were to happen RIGHT NOW, the Texas Bowl would be Texas Tech vs LSU. Apparently the Aggies have talked their way into either Tennessee or Florida?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

kayakyakr posted:

Word on the street is that, if selection were to happen RIGHT NOW, the Texas Bowl would be Texas Tech vs LSU. Apparently the Aggies have talked their way into either Tennessee or Florida?

I don't want Florida to play someone from the SEC in their bowl game. We play 8 SEC games a year.

Well that's my worthless opinion thanks for listening.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Whoops double post. I blame the clouds.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
BYU accepted a bid to the Las Vegas Bowl, so that points SDSU toward either the Hawaii Bowl or Cactus Bowl, most likely

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Cole posted:

I don't want Florida to play someone from the SEC in their bowl game. We play 8 SEC games a year.

Well that's my worthless opinion thanks for listening.

Not sure if serious or what. SEC's got 4 bowls in Florida, 2 in Tennessee. Those are the games I'm talking about. Not the teams themselves.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

kayakyakr posted:

Not sure if serious or what. SEC's got 4 bowls in Florida, 2 in Tennessee. Those are the games I'm talking about. Not the teams themselves.

oh. whatever.

i still meant what i said even though it has nothing to do with what you said.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Huh, is South Alabama a competent team? Or at least entertaining? I might go to the Arizona Bowl if it looks remotely entertaining.

Looks like tickets on the west side are as cheap as $15. (for $1K you can participate in the coin toss!)

If you decide to go and want to meet up, LMK. I'll probably be on campus that day anyway.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
GEORGIA STATE BEAT GEORGIA SOUTHERN AND IS NOW BOWL ELIGIBLE! SUCK IS 5-7 TEAM THAT WILL PROBABLY BE SAN JOSE STATE!

Also 2nd post has been re-purposed to show who's going where. Don't thank me all at once.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Probably gonna be Georgia/Penn State in Jacksonville according to Seth Emerson.

loving boooooorinnnnggggg

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Look at it this way, we're quarantining two bad teams against each other, and sending them to basically hell.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is Schotty still the OC for the bowl game?

Two bad offenses

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, a patchwork staff and Georgia's gonna be lucky to sell a thousand tickets. It's not official but word is the Gator Bowl begged not to take us and the SEC told them to gently caress off.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So last chance for bowl speculation... Your 4 is pretty much set: Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan State.

Does the committee bump Sparty up above Oklahoma in order to prevent the OU playing a "home" game?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Week 14 - Well that kinda sucked?

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF SEMIFINAL - ORANGE BOWL: #1 Clemson (ACC Champs) vs. #4 Oklahoma (Big 12 Champs)
COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF SEMIFINAL - COTTON BOWL: #2 Alabama (SEC Champs) vs. #3 Michigan State (B1G Champs)

Sooner fans might howl over not getting a pseudo-home game at the Cotton Bowl, but it gets justified by putting the 12 win teams over the 11 win teams, besides Sparty's super-flukey loss is better than losing straight up to Texas.

NEW YEARS BOWL - SUGAR BOWL: Ole Miss (SEC Rep) vs. Oklahoma State (Big 12 Rep)
NEW YEARS BOWL - PEACH BOWL: Notre Dame (At-Large) vs. Ohio State (At-Large)
NEW YEARS BOWL - FIESTA BOWL: Florida State (At-Large) vs. Houston (Group of 5 Rep)
NEW YEARS BOWL - ROSE BOWL: Stanford (Pac-12 Champs) vs. Iowa (B1G Rep)

Having put up a fight in the B1GCG and proven that they weren't a fluke despite the weak schedule, Iowa gets to finally head to the Rose Bowl where they'll face Stanford. Ole Miss stays above Florida and goes against Oklahoma State, who finishes second in the Big 12 thanks to Baylor's loss. Notre Dame and Ohio State gives the Peach Bowl a hell of a matchup, while FSU has to go across the country and face Houston, the G5 rep.

And the rest.

pre:
Cactus Bowl	        Jan. 2	Tempe, Ariz.	        Big 12 vs. Pac-12	             West Virginia vs. Cal
Alamo Bowl	        Jan. 2	San Antonio, Tex.	Big 12 vs. Pac-12	             TCU vs. Oregon
Liberty Bowl	        Jan. 2	Memphis, Tenn.	        Big 12 vs. SEC	                     Kansas State vs. Arkansas
TaxSlayer Bowl	        Jan. 2	Jacksonville, Fla.	ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC                  Pitt vs. Georgia
Citrus Bowl	        Jan. 1	Orlando, Fla.	        ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC	             Michigan vs. Florida
Outback Bowl	        Jan. 1	Tampa, Fla.	        Big Ten vs. SEC	                     Northwestern vs. LSU
Holiday Bowl	        Dec. 30	San Diego, Calif.	Big Ten vs. Pac-12                   Wisconsin vs. USC
Music City Bowl	        Dec. 30	Nashville, Tenn.	ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC	             Penn State vs. Tennessee
Belk Bowl	        Dec. 30	Charlotte, N.C.	        ACC vs. SEC                          Virginia Tech vs. Mississippi State
Birmingham Bowl	        Dec. 30	Birmingham, Ala.	American vs. SEC	             Temple vs. Auburn
Texas Bowl	        Dec. 29	Houston, Tex.	        Big 12 vs. SEC	                     Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M
Arizona Bowl	        Dec. 29	Tucson, Ariz.	        C-USA vs. Mountain West	             San Jose State* vs. Utah State
Russell Athletic Bowl	Dec. 29	Orlando, Fla.	        ACC vs. Big 12                       North Carolina vs. Baylor
Armed Forces Bowl	Dec. 29	Fort Worth, Tex.	Big Ten/Big 12 vs. Mountain West     Arizona State vs. Air Force
Quick Lane Bowl	        Dec. 28	Detroit, Mich.	        ACC vs. Big Ten                      Central Michigan vs. Nebraska*
Military Bowl	        Dec. 28	Annapolis, Md.	        ACC vs. American                     NC State vs. Navy
Foster Farms Bowl	Dec. 26	Santa Clara, Calif.	Big Ten vs. Pac-12	             Indiana vs. UCLA
Independence Bowl	Dec. 26	Shreveport, La.	        SEC vs. ACC                          Duke vs. Arizona
Pinstripe Bowl	        Dec. 26	New York, N.Y.	        ACC vs. Big Ten                      Louisville vs. Washington
Heart of Dallas Bowl	Dec. 26	Dallas, Tex.	        Big Ten/Big 12 vs. C-USA	     Nevada vs. Southern Miss
Sun Bowl	        Dec. 26	El Paso, Tex.	        ACC vs. Pac-12                       Miami vs. Washington State
St. Petersburg Bowl	Dec. 26	St. Petersburg, Fla.	American vs C-USA                    Memphis vs. Marshall
Hawaii Bowl	        Dec. 24	Honolulu, Hawaii	American vs. Mountain West/BYU	     Cincinnati vs. San Diego State
Bahamas Bowl	        Dec. 24	Nassau, Bahamas	        C-USA vs. MAC                        Middle Tennessee vs. Western Kentucky
GoDaddy.com Bowl	Dec. 23	Mobile, Ala.	        MAC vs. Sun Belt                     Bowling Green vs. Georgia Southern
Poinsettia Bowl	        Dec. 23	San Diego, Calif.	Mountain West vs. Army	             Boise State vs. Akron
Boca Raton Bowl	        Dec. 22	Boca Raton, Fla.	American vs. MAC	             UConn vs. Northern Illinois
Idaho Potato Bowl	Dec. 22	Boise, Idaho	        MAC vs. Mountain West	             Ohio vs. New Mexico
Miami Beach Bowl	Dec. 21	Miami, Fla.	        American vs. C-USA	             South Florida vs. Western Kentucky
New Orleans Bowl	Dec. 19	New Orleans, La.	C-USA vs. Sun Belt	             Louisiana Tech vs. Arkansas State
Camellia Bowl	        Dec. 19	Montgomery, Ala.	MAC vs. Sun Belt                     Toledo vs. App State
Royal Purple Bowl	Dec. 19	Las Vegas, Nev.	        Mountain West/BYU vs. Pac-12	     Utah vs. BYU
New Mexico Bowl	        Dec. 19	Albuquerque, N.M.	C-USA vs. Mountain West	             Minnesota* vs. Colorado State
Cure Bowl	        Dec. 19	Orlando, Fla.	        American vs. Sun Belt	             Tulsa vs. Georgia State
There's always politicing and backdoor deals and everything so I don't expect this to hold. Only three 5-7 teams (Nebraska/San Jose State/Minnesota) get in, and unless Nebraska gets blocked from going to the Quick Lane we'll get a MWC matchup in a bowl game as I have SJSU facing Utah State in the Arizona.

We've seen leaks in the dam already, it'll bust tomorrow. Happy bowl season everyone!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Notre Dame/Ohio State should provide a nice incentive for them to put Iowa/Stanford in the Rose. Plus, UI/Stanford would be a hell of a match.

edit; I know this sounds dumb, but I think North Carolina deserves a big bowl spot over FSU for being hosed like that, plus they played Clemson harder than FSU. Whatever, two FCS opponents, lost to Georgia Tech, the only big thing is beating a really bad Florida team at the end of the season.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 6, 2015

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Close to a oregon baylor bowl until evil tcu used their weather machine

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

anne frank fanfic posted:

Close to a oregon baylor bowl until evil tcu used their weather machine

You would have gone to the Sugar had you beaten TCU. So it's even worse. At least the RAB has a fun twitter...

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

You would have gone to the Sugar had you beaten TCU. So it's even worse. At least the RAB has a fun twitter...

Alamo if we beat tcu then lost to texas

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Auburn isn't that good this year, but its a way better team that some shithouse MWC team for Temple. Im cool with that

Penn St/Tennessee, yay?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Why would Ole Miss get the Sugar over Florida?

I guess what I am asking is, since Florida is the de facto number 2 in the SEC (right?) shouldn't they get it, or do they go by the CFP rankings?

Cole fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 6, 2015

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I am very excited to lose another midtier bowl game Let's go Mountaineers!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm pumped. Living in AZ now means I can possibly attend the Cactus or Fiesta Bowls. (The MNC tickets are like $1k apiece :mad:)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I would be happy with Iowa getting the Rose and Ohio State hopefully thrashing Notre Dame in the Peach.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DOOP posted:

Auburn isn't that good this year, but its a way better team that some shithouse MWC team for Temple. Im cool with that

Penn St/Tennessee, yay?

If Tennessee plays Bitch Boy James Franklin in the Music City Bowl it's gonna get rowdy. UT fans hate him, and now Vandy fans hate him too for leaving them in the lurch

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Last-second NY6 predictions!

Just-world edition:

Rose: Iowa vs. Stanford
Fiesta: Houston vs. Notre Dame
Cotton: Michigan State vs. Alabama
Sugar: Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss
Peach: Ohio State vs. Florida State
Orange: Oklahoma vs. Clemson

Soul-crushing, realist edition:

Rose: Ohio State vs. Stanford
Fiesta: Houston vs. Notre Dame
Cotton: Michigan State vs. Alabama
Sugar: TCU vs. Ole Miss
Peach: Iowa vs. Florida State
Orange: Oklahoma vs. Clemson

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

If Tennessee plays Bitch Boy James Franklin in the Music City Bowl it's gonna get rowdy. UT fans hate him, and now Vandy fans hate him too for leaving them in the lurch

Yeah I'd rather see them go up against Northwestern in Tampa but this would be my 1b

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Based a couple Nebraska players' tweets, we're headed to the Foster Farms Bowl to play UCLA

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tennessee to the Outback bowl v. Northwestern

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

ESPN says Temple is in the Bota Racon Bowl v Toledo.

Toledo is a good team (without a staff), but a P5 team would have been nice

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington gets Southern Miss in the Heart of Dallas Bowl

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Real Name Grover posted:

Based a couple Nebraska players' tweets, we're headed to the Foster Farms Bowl to play UCLA

What kind of swag do you get at that game? Huge bags of wheat and corn?

You've already got those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

And Penn Sate gets Georgia in the Taxslayer Bowl

Cripple fight is a goooo

• Locked thread