Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's so transparently just fan service that I respect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"The coordinates to Laplace's Box will be revealed at the Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory Torrington Base. Please do not touch the exhibits."

It's funny how the Laplace Program treasure hunt coordinates are supposed to take them on a misery tour of the destruction wrought by the Universal Century, but they only go to the wreckage of the Laplace space station and then Australia. Presumably the box coordinates wanted them to reflect on the Sydney crater from the first Colony Drop, except they never actually go to Sydney and instead blow up an army base.

Then they discover the true coordinates were right back where they started because Syam must have gotten bored of the treasure hunt and decided that a slideshow of TV screens showing off the UC Atrocities Greatest Hits would be easier than trucking all over the Earth Sphere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Quote is not edit.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Gaius Marius posted:

Same

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why didnt they rub cocks again cmoooon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Synthbuttrange posted:

why didnt they rub cocks again cmoooon

Char and Amuro or Banana getting his Full Frontal?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The fight between the Sinanju and the Unicorn at the end of episode 3 was dope.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

same

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Char and Amuro or Banana getting his Full Frontal?

i may have had this and the bravern thread open at the same time.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Don't dodge the question.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1773697720370319852?t=nhabQnY34fmrIv9_IMCK5g&s=19

Suletta will look at Haman and say "I can fix her!"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Haman responds with unconcealed disgust at the notion of being fixed.

Judau, somewhere on Jupiter, sneezes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Haman responds with unconcealed disgust at the notion of being fixed.

Judau, somewhere on Jupiter, sneezes.

Haman's whole thing is that she simultaneously loves and hates the idea of someone swooping in to fix her. God only knows what chaos would ensue if she met Suletta.

Oddly, I feel like if she met Mashymyre, they'd rapidly become best friends and extremely supportive of each other's romantic pursuits.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

The fight between the Sinanju and the Unicorn at the end of episode 3 was dope.

Banagher is definitely at his most interesting whenever he goes loving berserk.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Haman's whole thing is that she simultaneously loves and hates the idea of someone swooping in to fix her. God only knows what chaos would ensue if she met Suletta.

Oddly, I feel like if she met Mashymyre, they'd rapidly become best friends and extremely supportive of each other's romantic pursuits.

I must need to rewatch ZZ because my recollection was that the first time they met, it was the most formative moment in Mashymyre's life, while for Haman it was Tuesday. The second time they met, Mashymyre got cyber-newtyped.

Am I remembering wrong?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Let them kiss.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I must need to rewatch ZZ because my recollection was that the first time they met, it was the most formative moment in Mashymyre's life, while for Haman it was Tuesday. The second time they met, Mashymyre got cyber-newtyped.

Am I remembering wrong?

This is completely correct. That said, Haman seems to have some basic affection for Mashymyre (in the Japanese dub, at least), and she's definitely up for Judau sweeping her away on a white horse (even if she'd never admit it).

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Warmachine posted:

Am I remembering wrong?

Yeah but I think they were talking about Mashymere and Suletta meeting

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chrome line posted:

Yeah but I think they were talking about Mashymere and Suletta meeting

God drat it. :doh:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's fine, that post was worded a little ambiguously.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wug2zOocRGg

The beginning of Seedom dubbed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sounds alright.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Supposedly it's going to be in American theaters one Tuesday in May, so Imma hold off and watch it then

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Remember to support your local theatres

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GundamInfoNA/status/1773892909722390900?t=TDJ3LLN1Z0z_5MR5--CdRw&s=19

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Haman's whole thing is that she simultaneously loves and hates the idea of someone swooping in to fix her.

I get the feeling that but for the grace of God miorine could have ended up a lot like Haman.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

it's so ugly lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
One final effort is all that is needed. Will the forgetful tanuki defeat the depressed 30something office lady?

https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1774059000813809971?t=rYsqUq6RjSAPp4axClk8rw&s=19

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

One final effort is all that is needed. Will the forgetful tanuki defeat the depressed 30something office lady?

https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1774059000813809971?t=rYsqUq6RjSAPp4axClk8rw&s=19

I can't say I'm surprised at the current running tally, considering suletta v miorine had twice as many total voters as haman vs ple

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/gundampixel/status/1774385953941164168?t=MorEU44nPllPCEyN3ooHHA&s=19

Wish I could have seen the Yokohama Gundam Factory before it closed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/gundampixel/status/1774385953941164168?t=MorEU44nPllPCEyN3ooHHA&s=19

Wish I could have seen the Yokohama Gundam Factory before it closed.

I intended to go see it for my 30th, we planned a trip to Japan... I uh... Imma be 34 this year so... yeah.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Every time I see it I just can't imagine who thought this was a good idea

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Apprentice Dick posted:

It’s the highest grossing Gundam movie, so whoever thought it was a good idea was right.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Apprentice Dick posted:

Maybe the person who saw that Freedom has made over 27 million USD in Japan, beating Gundam's record even accounting for inflation. Or maybe it was the person who noted that, with the strike, the movie calendar in the US is a bit bare, and theaters are really looking for anything to keep the lights on. Or maybe a third guy who noticed that anime movies have been making good money in the US lately.

There's a lot of reasons to do it, and not that much money lost if it fails. (And even then, it increases the profile of the series, so you can sell more merch).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah regardless of how you feel about it, SEED still brings in money

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question: do funnels work in atmosphere or are they only for space-use? I'm drawing a blank on examples and I'm not sure if the hovering beam grid things that the Shamblo deploys in Unicorn count as funnels or not.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They aren't supposed to in UC although SEED and X break with it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Question: do funnels work in atmosphere or are they only for space-use? I'm drawing a blank on examples and I'm not sure if the hovering beam grid things that the Shamblo deploys in Unicorn count as funnels or not.

They count. The Psyco Mk3 Mk2 Axis deploys a bunch in ZZ at Dublin too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

They aren't supposed to in UC although SEED and X break with it.

SEED never breaks it I think. All the funnel units don't use them on Earth.

Apprentice Dick posted:

I have to wonder at what point people will just accept SEED is popular.