Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I like how they were upset that someone had the audacity of taking down one of their own after sniping the poo poo out of their opponents.

I don't feel any pity because they're all assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

In the dub they also jump between Rose and Roseammy I think, it's been a while. It took me a bit to realize who they were referring to.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Droyer posted:

don't watch the Zeta compilation movies. Unlike the original series they cut out way too much and have a completely different ending

Watch it afterwards because the new scenes have really nice animation.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'd kill for the Gundam battle pod game to be brought to the states. It was kinda poo poo but very immersive.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

If I remember right they never utter the word Gundam in G-Savior. When the suit is finally revealed the main guy simply says, "Is that what I think it is?"

It stood out to me because I was watching Wing at the time and anytime someone said Gundam they died in screaming ball of death.

Azubah fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 22, 2016

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is it wrong to say the Destiny itself is pretty rad? As much as the show was disappointing, I love the design.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The next Build Fighters should have a worlds tournament that culminates into a reunion battle between Sei and Reiji.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I still love the aspect from the books that Amuro's reflexes were so fast that the Gundam couldn't keep up with him.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It worked out for Quess.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Panzeh posted:

I like how at the end of the OYW the federation had about six gundams being sent out to Amuro.

I wonder how fast the war would've been over if he had gotten even one of them.

Do any of the SRW games go into that?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They're also releasing standard sets.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What even was the plot of Twilight Axis?

Jazz is awesome.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I used to adore Gundam vs Zeta and Versus is supposed to be an evolution of those games?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was playing Side Arms in the old Capcom arcade collection and couldn't help but notice a zaku or two.

I know IP and copyrights are very loose in Japan, but I swear I saw a few other zeon suits in that game too.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Weapon and vehicle design, especially for something that goes underwater that isn't supposed to drown the pilot, takes a very long time

That's why they wear normal suits in the cockpit, duh.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I always figured that the reason why the nuke was a big deal in 0083 was because of the time it was created. Tail end the 80s was still during cold war, when the show was still in production.

Around that time people were worried the US and Russia would nuke each other and end the world.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They're probably going to use the RX-78 of Ultraman for the final fight. The book is literally "the 80s and Ferris was awesome, right, RIGHT!?"

I'm mostly interested in seeing all the different franchises thrown together visually.

It's still going to be a bad movie.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

chumbler posted:

I want to say it was possible to load up on enough lasers and missiles that if you fired them all at once you'd just straight up explode.

Not everyone is meant to go home.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does the soundtrack do sample from Star Trek? I swear the "red alert" part of one of the songs is Riker from the show.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was kinda hoping Divers was Reiji's reality's take on gunplay battles since kits were being sold their at the end of the first series.

You get old kingdom fantasy stuff, but fun model fights.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

There is only one redesign that matters, and it is the Gundam Unicorn Destroy Mode, 7-11 Variant. And that is because I have determined it is powered by Mountain Dew.

Wish I had picked that up when I was there, I could only get the RX-78.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

F91 / crossbone are just the easiest “this story exists and could easily be done better,” and has more traditional uc touchstones. Late uc is pretty much barren aside from v, right?

I think the farthest, barring Turn A and Reco, was G Savior.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

So the Phenex, from what I can gather, went rogue after a fight in a Shoal Zone and blew up its carrier? So can we possibly assume that it will be an antagonist suit in Narrative?

The PG manual says that it just randomly shows up to help and then disappears. It's the Tuxedo Mask of UC Gundam.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Tae posted:

He's Yoko Taro without a sense of humor

Lies, Taro does everything with a straight face.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

For some reason the wording of the Narrative promo makes it sound to me like the Phenex doesn't have a pilot. It reads like the suit itself went rogue & is hiding out somewhere.

Some of the fluff text in the perfect grade instruction manual supports the going rogue part and hiding. Nothing is said about it's pilot either.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There's a small list of who Mika didn't kill.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did Sunrise just license THX's entire sound library during the late 80s early 90s? Apparently the Geara Doga's backpack thrusters are the same engines as an X-Wing fighter.

Most likely it was just "borrowed because the Americans will never notice."

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

I just watched that trailer and it looks good. It's definitely more inspiring than the previous trailers. We've got some hints at story now too.

Speculation spoilers:
So it looks like Protag's childhood friend got cut up for cyber newtype experiments and she was the one that ran away with Phenix?
And the crazy Narrative equipment is all for a containment field because they want to capture her alive/the Phenix undamaged?

The Phenex is supposed to pop up out of nowhere to help with fights and then leaves according to some of the fluff in the kit manuals, so this lines up with that.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think the original Unicorn plot had Banagher merging with the Unicorn and leaving the solar system.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Lame, he should've left since everyone is an rear end in a top hat in the Sol system.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I hope the G-Reco movie leads to some master grades of the mechs, I really like the G-Self's design.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

NT does this too and I had to laugh.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

One bit I liked about NT was that one guy who was there during Amuro's newtype magic at the end of CCA and was all about letting the newtypes try magic a solution.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There was a good amount of people in my theatre, they screwed up the pre-show stuff but the movie itself was showed on time.

NT was good and didn't feel as pretentious as Unicorn did at the end. Main guy cried a bit but we've seen how horrible the cyber newtype stuff was and seeing how they cyber newtype'd an actual newtype and he was tricked into allowing that to happen I give him a pass.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Isn't NT supposed to be a trilogy of movies?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't the conceit of G-Reco that it is actually the UC thousands of years after the end of the UC timeline with the earth having miraculously not been wiped clean of all human life?

I wouldn't say wiped clean, there was a healthy dose of cannibalism in there for good measure.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

tsob posted:

I hope you mean "in general within fiction", because it's certainly not going to be true in general. Most Gundams could probably be rendered worthless with one or two RPGs. Or even just a sufficiently well hidden or quickly deployed tripwire.

There's a fight in Build Fighters that kinda shows this off, the opponent used all sorts of cool non-mech tactics to more or less wreck the protagonist until he hit the I Win button, it was pretty great.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wish those watches were cheaper, I like the zaku one.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Gearhead posted:

No lies, I felt pretty bad for Bright's future during.. that scene.. in Unicorn where you can just SEE where that rear end in a top hat's going to spitefully turn on him someday.

That dude is probably the one who writes up Hathaway's execution order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Yazan loves murder, you just have to point him at the right target.