Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Please [timg] tag large images, thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't think people should be walking around on pins and needles when it comes to spoilers, but I would appreciate it if when someone's watching something for the first time you wouldn't decide for them what is or isn't "Really" a spoiler.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Here is a list of things that are cool and fine to talk about and discuss but kind of silly to get super angry about :
  • Robots
  • Story structure and pacing
  • People disagreeing with you over the Internet
Cheers.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Gundam thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w&t=64s

will be taking a short break.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Gundam thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRercuwUQwI

is now open for business.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

oohhboy posted:

I am talking about the guys who got angryannoyed when I said they had a tendency to oversell the hell out of (Everything)Turn A which they did.

Quite a few of the regular of the "Defend Tomino to the death" guys have shown up. Look what 2 1/2 sentences got me. Next thing we know the thread gets frozen again. Fanboys are the worse.
Is there a particular reason you've dedicated yourself to inventing fights to pick.

I think you'll find far less people care about your opinion on Tomino than they do the way you tear into anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Alright guys let's not turn this into a place into a sideshow.

oohhboy posted:

Look where this got me. At worse it is a neutral opinion. Stating something I have observed. Nothing caustic about it.
Your initial opinion was neutral, yes - if weird to parse - but upon being asked to clarify you immediately jumped to, "You guys worship Tomino too much," after which you proceeded to paint your detractors in broad, unflattering strokes apropos of nothing besides Boom Boom being Boom Boom. I can't say I see how a bunch of people advocating/defending Tomino's chops specifically as a comedy writer somehow translates into them blindly standing vigil in his hallowed name, especially when many of these same posters are critical of him in other areas.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Much better.

Darth Walrus posted:

I never said he was. I just said that he's willing to use (implied) paedophilia as part of his overarching metaphor for adults ruining/holding back the potential of youth. See also, Char wrecking Haman and Quess's lives. In other words, much about Ple and her sisters is creepy and offputting because Tomino wants it to be creepy and offputting, and the name is part of that. poo poo, just look at our introduction to Ple Two.
While you may be correct in your interpretation (as you are regarding the origin of Puru's name), that first post of yours still reads like you're making untoward accusations, even if that wasn't your intention - which combined with your posts on Erased looks like you have some sort of weird fixation, even if you don't.

Just something to keep in mind if you plan on discussing this further and wonder why people continue to react negatively to it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Gundumb Thread.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm still waiting for Shinji to man up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Please talk about gunpla in the gunpla thread, gunpla.

Gunpla gunpla gunpla.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm that animation tween at the end.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

"Char did nothing wrong."

-what 99% of the Japanese think. Tomino is the 1%.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
That feel when you google the population of Japan and accidentally misread 127.3 million Japanese as 1.273 million Japanese.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna head off the rape chat and suggest we talk about something else please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

D&D's over there, gents.