Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I would like to claim at least partial responsibility for this thread and it will be interesting watching someone who knows what they're doing play it :v:

Also I should finish my thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Do you want advice or voting on weapons or are you planning on stumbling through it?

Because there's a few weapons that suck and a few that can be safely skipped. Probably best if you just figure it out for yourself though, I'd guess! :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I wish I could have done this chapter and one coming up later on blind in my playthrough. They're both pretty good for first impressions!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Ask me about my crippling inability to see statues that are literally right in front of me :v:

Any enemies that aren't taken out when the Sadist starts the chainsaw party aggros on you when he wakes up. FYI, that trap lever on the outside hallway will spring spikes on the stairwell, the lever on the other side springs spikes in the hallway. In my original run that got mulched by recording errors I used it on the Sadist.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Well.

It appears in two different places in this level depending on which house you go to first. If you go to the left house the shotgun is on the bottom floor behind the trip wire and the crossbow is upstairs. If you go to the right house first the crossbow is on the bottom floor on the table next to the fireplace and the shotgun is upstairs in the room with the lady looking out the window.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Stormgale posted:

^^^^^
Use your powers in the Prince of Persia thread to get that going again.

Hey Cjacobs I dunno if you've shown it off in the video but in the game if you have a melee weapon and try to stealth kill someone, it won't be dumb and use the weapon anyway right? Or do you need to drop the weapon every time you want to shank a person.

Luckily, stealth kills default to the knife. Sebastian will automatically drop whatever is in his hand and you'll have to pick it up again after the kill animation is done, if memory serves. I know that's true for bottle, axes may stay in hand afterwards.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It's too bad smasheggs isn't an emote anymore.

Also, perhaps the lesson to take away from El Gigante is the importance of upgrading your weapons :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
:eng101: The double barreled shotgun starts out stronger than the normal shotgun, but due to the ability to upgrade things the normal shotgun outscales double barrel in everything except maybe firing speed.

I'm finding this speedrun pretty neato, as someone who's only played through the game once.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
There will be people that tell you the main tossup is between the Punisher and the Red9.

These people are objectively wrong. Red9 supremacy 4 lyfe.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

anilEhilated posted:

Blacktail. Blaaaaaaacktaaaaaaaaaaail. BLAAAAAAAACKTAAAAAAAAAAA :flame:

- a wrong opinion

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The DLC for The Evil Within clears up some plot holes but it leaves others to ponder over. The opening section with Kidman and Leslie seemingly under the grate is a curious spot.

I also remember this chapter being one of the ones where people in my LP cursed my lovely aiming and inability to learn, but that comes up a bit later :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

anilEhilated posted:

I finally bought TEW so I can finally start watching the other side of this LP once I get ahead a bit. That being said, any tips for starting out?

You want lots of matches. Crit chance on your pistol is pretty great. Max rank of harpoon bolts is FIRE BOLTS which will one hit kill any regular enemy.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

The implication is that the grate leads to the catacombs, and K&L got there by other means- you're hearing their voices coming up the shaft.

No, I get that. It's just based on what happens in the DLC the procession of events is a little murky.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Ask me about trying to kill the Keeper by repeatedly shooting the safe :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I was able to farm Keeper traps for trap parts to an extent, but I also wasted most of my harpoon bolts on shooting the head. Overall I think I came out lesser in trap parts for this section.

I also made a lot of noises because it was blind. Teehee.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

Later on there is a hilariously obvious treasure that I stare almost directly at for several seconds and then don't collect. I am looking forward to seeing the thread's reaction to it. :allears:

Sounds like the keys from when I did The Evil Within.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

The Evil Within (in a pack including all 3 of its DLCs) is on sale for 10-ish bucks at HumbleBundle! Go buy it, we're far enough in now that you should know if you wanna find out how it ends for yourself or not!

If you're looking for it on PS4, it's down to $20 for the full bundle due to QUAKECON SALES.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Nah, military grade laxatives are probably just the gum they package in MREs. MREs are like butthole glue, they have to keep something around to help you pry it open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Ways to manufacture tension in combat when you have trap parts: waste all your trap parts trying to kill Laura at the wrong part of the level. I have documented this process.

• Locked thread