Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
CJacobs! drat man you're like doing a million and one LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I would like to claim at least partial responsibility for this thread and it will be interesting watching someone who knows what they're doing play it :v:

Also I should finish my thread.

It's totally your fault! Stop being such a good LPer and inspiring others to LP this game. :colbert:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Considering all the other games you've played that are based off of RE4 I'm super surprised that you never played RE4.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

KieranWalker posted:

That makes it sound like the game's measuring time by frame count (a fairly common programming tactic), and thus increasing the frame rate to 60 makes the timer tick down twice as fast. Dark Souls 2 had similar issues.

Dark Souls 2 has many more issues... Like not being fun.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

drat, I just hear the villagers and immediately want to fire the game up and replay it yet again.

I know! The village scene is probably the best one. I run it to try to optimize it as best as I can.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Personally I think the best Pistol is the Blacktail. :v:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

GrizzlyCow posted:

I wonder how much this boss fight inspired Dead Space.

Really hosed up fact about Dead Space~ The development team I guess maybe the art asset team, either way! They were told to look at crash victims to get inspiration for the Necromorphs. Which to me is really hosed up saying "I want you to look at horribly mangled corpses so we can get the most disgusting monsters possible!"

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I love the design for this thing, it's like the perfect combination of "a really big dog" and "oh my god what the gently caress". I particularly like that the big bulging eye coming out of the neck-ish area is not actually the dog's real eye, as you can see in the final render. Also as you can see in the third spiderdog concept, this game's enemy design was originally gonna take huge influence from RE's plagas (you can see it prominently in some other stuff I can't post yet), but they definitely dialed that way back.

I enjoy the dog eye is looking into that other grotesque eye like "HOLY gently caress WHAT EVEN IS THAT THING?!?"

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

You want lots of matches. Crit chance on your pistol is pretty great. Max rank of harpoon bolts is FIRE BOLTS which will one hit kill any regular enemy.

Harpoon Bolts are also considered "Boss Killers"

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Where were you when I needed a leon edit on that picture!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

The easieast way of killing the red cultist is using a loving mine thrower.

The worst weapon in the game? :v: Who could possibly use that? And in a Let's Play no less.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Gnoman posted:

You must have confused the meanings of the words "worst" and "best". The Mine Thrower is so good it's practically cheating.

That's the joke cause EVERYONE in the thread was like "Mine Thrower is garbage" and I used it throughout the whole run and it was GLORIOUS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

IronSaber posted:

Wait, the game gave you ANOTHER Jeweled Mask?!

What the hell?!

Yeah there's like two of every treasure in the game outside of like the beerstein and the Crown Jewels.

• Locked thread