Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What??? Free roam?! Neat, as if I need a reason to replay this. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

ja2ke posted:

Hey sorry if this is too much of a plug, but I wanted to let you guys know that we finally got the Firewatch vinyl soundtracks back from manufacturing and they're up for sale in the store. I'm pretty excited about these!

Thanks, I'm a complete sucker for videogame vinyl.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Decided to check out the game based on the trailers. Looked interesting.

Wow that was a neat trek through the forest.
Wow that ending was a complete yank of the rug.
Wow that was disappointment of the year.

Okay, that's all, thanks for reading my opinion, cya.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TerminusEst13 posted:

Decided to check out the game based on the trailers. Looked interesting.

Wow that was a neat trek through the forest.
Wow that ending was a complete yank of the rug.
Wow that was disappointment of the year.

Okay, that's all, thanks for reading my opinion, cya.

Agreed. This game was rear end! Whole thing should have been like the first day where you yell at teenagers

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I unironically would enjoy that, New Game+ endless fire watcher mode.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Agreed. This game was rear end! Whole thing should have been like the first day where you yell at teenagers

I wonder if those teens were actually ghosts or hallucinations. After all, how did they get out to that islet without getting their fireworks wet and disappear into thin air behind that rock.? Also, Delilah claims that the lake is mostly meltwater runoff and will be terribly cold at that time of year, so why would they want to go skinny dipping?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
If I know anything about teen girls it's that they love being naked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alain Post posted:

That part was one of the highlights of the game for me. I of course threw the radio into the lake to teach those punk kids a lesson. You can apparently bring the radio with you the entire way back to your tower on that day but once the day rolls over the radio disappears sadly.

I wish the ending didn't end up being such a letdown for me cause man did I love the rest of the game. I just didn't want a more grounded answer to the mystery.

The two voice actors not getting some kind of voice acting awards for this game is a travesty though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Yodzilla posted:

I unironically would enjoy that, New Game+ endless fire watcher mode.

Same. I'm okay with what we got, but I'd love a full game's worth of yelling at teens and throwing their stuff into a lake.

Come to think of it, Day 1 in Firewatch captures the feel of a Friday the 13th movie better than the actual Friday the 13th game, and Dead by Daylight. Total conversion mod, anyone?

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 28, 2016

• Locked thread