Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Can we get a poll added to the op for Best *matsu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's choromatsu

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
All matsus look the same to me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm starting to be able to tell them apart. It's only Osomatsu who I don't have a good read on other than he's the oldest and no one likes him.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They're color coded so its pretty easy

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Their faces and expressions usually gives it away since they don't always wear color-coded clothes like during the interview.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't know they had colors because of all the times they wear the same outfits. stuff like ichi's ruffled hair, kara's sunglasses, and jyushi's fixed smile are the only tells i know

and i'm sure i mixed up some of the names just now...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I can generally tell the difference between them (though I too had never noticed color differences), but I can't be bothered to learn their respective names.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I remember the colors and age order because their idol anime introductions are perpetually stuck in my head.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This show is good, even when a gag might be played out or predictable they mix things up in a way that makes it fresh. I saw where the bedroom skit was going right away but it was still really funny because of the different ways the Matsu's reacted. Todomatsu crying while swinging the bat was really funny to me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A good scene to figure out who is who is the scene where they are sitting in front of their parents at the table this ep. They are sitting from eldest to youngest, are color coded and have their trademark facial expressions

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Uhh, that episode was intense :) I liked Totoka's dumb fish song

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i tried adding a poll but idk how so please badger the mod

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You can't add polls after a thread's already been created. You need to choose to have a poll from the beginning.

It's dumb but that's the way it is.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

drat, I made icons for the poll too

O
K
C
I
J
T

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll double check with one of the admins.

If there's some secret way to work one in, I'll do it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thank you, this is very important

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

PM sent. I'll let you guys know.

It's something I've been wondering about even beyond this thread so it's as good a time as any to find out.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its happening

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Just make a new thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

littleorv posted:

Just make a new thread

I did this.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Admin confirmed: there's no known way to add a poll after a thread's already been created without one.

Since Davincie made this thread first, it's up to him whether or not discussion migrates to the new thread or not. Whichever thread he picks, I'll lock the other one.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Just make a dedicated poll thread, like for Umaru.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

:tipshat:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I enjoyed the first two episodes, but found the third boring and thought the jokes dragged on way too much. Is the humor just not for me, or is the fourth episode different?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I liked the first two and thought the third was rubbish, episode 4 was hilarious though, like any comedy of this type it's going to have its up and down episodes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've liked all the episodes so far.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Is it wrong that I want this show to continue for another ten years and not just stop at 12 episodes?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I really like this show but honestly I wish the jokes weren't so drawn out after we get the punchline

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A good heartwarming episode. I laughed a lot at the ending because I also didn't notice that Karamatsu still had not come back.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Is there anything informative to read about the outdated physical comedy they mention in the first episode? I've seen references to this before, but it's really alien to me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just figured it'd be like looking up 50-year-old American (or whatever) comedy, like even if someone explained it it still wouldn't seem funny.

Allarion posted:

I also didn't notice that Karamatsu still had not come back.

Yeah, same, I had to think about who it was for a second.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I also didn't notice that Karamatsu still had not come back.

I caught on pretty quick and I was thinking they weren't going mention him at all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I watched the first episode and it was pretty funny. Gonna add it to my list.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also the best Matsu is Jyushimatsu the retard

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh no!! Don't pick on Choromatsu, you dumb brothers!

Also, holy crap, the Ichimatsu/ESPcat scenes made me feel things I was not expecting from the silly comedy anime... What a good cat :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Man, Lying Cat looks different in japan.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i love jyushimatsu

• Locked thread