Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Having played both extensively at the lan cafe when they came out, UT was for people that couldn't hang in quake, and for them it was definitely more fun.

My high school had an one laptop per student program and the first thing installed in most of those was tge ut99 demo
The others were q3 and heavily modded q2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Speaking of awesome multiplayer shooter games, who's excited for The Team Fortress Clone Made by Blizzard

Its going to be boring rear end shite

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

qnqnx posted:

times I'm alone taking a poo poo are always very exciting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

I believe so as well

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know how they can possibly expect to make a TF2 clone and have it be popular when real actual TF2 has been out forever now and I'm sure I'm not the only one burnt out on the formula after all this time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I believe so as well

i believe the game will be boring and horrible for like 2 years and then be pretty drat good after tons of patches that fix everything wrong with it, as with all blizzard games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

My high school had an one laptop per student program and the first thing installed in most of those was tge ut99 demo
The others were q3 and heavily modded q2

I tried to make Warsow a thing at my high school but it only caught on in PC Support class.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only time before 2012 or so that I played Quake was in high school but even then I liked the quake 3 demo and warsow 1 billion times more than the pirated UT99 someone had on thumb drive even though I played UT2K4 for the first time in at least 2006 or something and spent probably 100 hours in the single player. Which hell I'll give them that the single player mode of UT2K4 is something most shooters that would otherwise just be bot matches should have.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i gotta agree w/ kazvall, quake 3's just a better game overall but UT is better for laughs and casual fun. the mutators especially make it feel like a kind of FPS smash bros

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

The only time before 2012 or so that I played Quake was in high school but even then I liked the quake 3 demo and warsow 1 billion times more than the pirated UT99 someone had on thumb drive even though I played UT2K4 for the first time in at least 2006 or something and spent probably 100 hours in the single player. Which hell I'll give them that the single player mode of UT2K4 is something most shooters that would otherwise just be bot matches should have.

I only played through q3 sp once and I recall the dude with the hiverboard being a gigantic turd burgler

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never played past the first round since firstly I played Q3 after QL once I actually started to play quake and and it didn't have the epic team management stuff so I didn't care anyway.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got q3 the day it was released, at the mall, so I had to wait 4 hours while my mom was at jc penny just reading the manual and muttering 'quake, win, sex, big titties win quake, mmmmm'

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I got q3 the day it was released, at the mall, so I had to wait 4 hours while my mom was at jc penny just reading the manual and muttering 'quake, win, sex, big titties win quake, mmmmm'

Edwin likey him some Mynx, Hunter and Crash.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Klesks rock my boat iykwim

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got Q3A for Christmas 1999. Extremely epic.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

I got Q3A for Christmas 1999. Extremely epic.

Gamer five! Up high! Down low... Hah! Too slow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

FPS smash bros

btw someone needs to make this. nexuiz had a really cool mario kart-like powerup system, where one of the powerups on the map gave you something random. it could be a little neat boost like a jetpack or a short period of invulnerability or it could flip on low gravity, or slow down time for everyone but you, and other cool poo poo

too bad no one played it and it was otherwise pretty mediocre

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Here's a mind bending concept I'd like to share with you all. I like both games. For different reasons.

ut is good for the team modes with friends but anyone that says its a better game than quake 3 is completely mad

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Warsow had some really loving good maps. I also liked the race stuff. They did a great job with that game.

I dream of the day that any game will be able to match Quake Live in the quality of its framerate optimization.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

More on Valve's Team Fortress clone. they streamed this for two hours and it looks drat good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

More on Valve's Team Fortress clone. they streamed this for two hours and it looks drat good.

What does the Team Fortress clone offer that Team Fortress does not

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Double the characters, for one. Umm.. the maps are many times more beautiful. Each character can probably do at least one thing that is not possible in TF2. Hot girls whereas there isnt a single playable female in TF2 which is honestly just pathetic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell I'm always into some hot girls, but I fear this game will be enough like TF that the complete psychopaths that play that game will flock to it. Or maybe it will have an even worse type of psychopath, like if a TF2 and a Blizzard psychopath hosed and they made a baby.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
tf2 blizzard freaks will never gently caress. get your head out of the clouds.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have they said it's gonna be an actual 60 dollar game or some f2p model?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THeyve been ominously quiet about it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

blizzard invented the genre of mmo where you have to buy the game and also pay a subscription to play it so im sure theyll make the right decision

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

THeyve been ominously quiet about it.

so both

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've never played a modern Blizzard game, so I have no reason to fear them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tbh theyve done a really good job patching up diablo 3 and sc2 for free but thats more an apology for their original states than anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I've never played a modern Blizzard game, so I have no reason to fear them.

Well they only make games to create digital marketplaces now, like Valve. I wouldn't play their games any time soon.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

Multiple Cooldown Abilities for every character :cheers:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

Multiple Cooldown Abilities for every character :cheers:

Win!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
As long as my mouse works, it is worthless, because I already got head shotted.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Hopefully funeral services for My loving Wallet

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Bump for the patch that makes Quake Live cost $10 for newbs.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Squeezy Farm posted:

Bump for the patch that makes Quake Live cost $10 for newbs.

lol UT is free compared to this poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ColoradoCleric posted:

:cripes:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ColoradoCleric posted:

When the only cost is being a human being for playing a game that loving gay, it's basically free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

When the only cost is being a human being for playing a game that loving gay, it's basically free.

lmao

• Locked thread