Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh god I shouldn't do this but I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thread opened just in time for me to phone post from bed then go to sleep. Hello and goodnight everyone!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This game is uh really quiet

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I too am made of delicious bacon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you want to tell someone to post more, I would recommend Hal for that purpose

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd probably vig Birdstrike with the information so far. He throws a jokey post at Foo, then ducks under until he pops up again to say he'd vig a scum which gives no information about his opinions or reads and serves only to show off how ~totally townie~ he is.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well australians are scum irl

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry for being silent while stuff was happening, I was busy being asleep and then being busy running to work.

Bird, I don't know how to read that post. It feels more like anxious town to me, but of course that raises the question of why they're anxious. I do agree that slipping in that "we" to make sure that they are seen as associating themselves with town is bad, but I wouldn't say that's worth putting a vote down.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anyone who answered the vig question with a meta argument kind of makes me squint, as do people who just avoided it entirely. It's a good way to get opinions out and a town player has no reason to avoid the question. Especially Hal (who has put a meaningless vote down and not given opinions since) and Birdstrike (who seemed to object to ending jokephase when extending jokephase is a pro-scum thing to do)

Ljtri gives me kinda weird pings with the flurry of setup-related questions and the statement that she can't do anything at work and the statement that she refuses to phonepost. Feels like excusing herself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is just plain rude:

I'm a New Zealander. We're trained to hate Australians from birth.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Who am I not squinting at at all?

...I think Meinberg is the only one who doesn't fit into any of the criteria I mentioned, but most of the squinting isn't serious suspicion. The only people I'm seriously suspicious of are Birdstrike, ljtri and Hal. If I had to choose one of them, I think I'd go with Hal because of the sheer void of opinions that he has to accompany his vote and the fact that he doesn't just refuse to give an opinion from the question, he basically calls it useless.

##vote Hal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

Which of Foo's posts are bad? I'm interested as I have the opposite reaction.
Annoying yes, somewhat condescending yes, but reading townie to me.

Birdstrike posted:

I'm tending to agree.

In the first post, you say you have the opposite reaction. In the second post, you say that you agree. Is your opinion reversed that easily?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I may not be around for deadline. When I wake up I'll be leaving for the mountain and then I'll be skiing.

With the fact that Hal has done nothing still, I'm happy leaving my vote on him though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lunchtime at the mountain. Phone posting so I can't really do quotes.

I really dislike how Birdstrike bounces between opinions. He thinks my vote on Hal is omgus, then he's okay with it, then he thinks its tunneling. First he dislikes Taste's opinion on Foo, then he likes it. He's a crappy weathervane, just turning wherever he thinks the wind is blowing.

##vote bird

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

that's loving harsh man

Mafia is a harsh world.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was about to say he did start providing content but then I reread his posts and they were pretty much excuses and (incorrect) setup chat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry I haven't had much presence over the last couple of (real world) days. I've been spending a lot of time a) skiing b) keeled over from muscular exhaustion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have no idea whether I'll be here for deadline and I've been unable to do a good job with reading today for aforementioned reasons so I'm going to reread all of today.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh man sorry about this Birdstrike! ##vote Birdstrike

All glory to Hal!

I found this post while looking for the beginning of Day 2. That's a really weird driveby hammer.

Also I'm gonna try this stream of consciousness reading thing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

i do think it's odd that meinberg seemed to be pro-night-posting after bird's flip but then never did

this seems kind of meaningless

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Meinberg posted:

A) I didn't talk much last night because the flip happened when I wasn't really awake enough to react to it.

B) I'm heading onto the road shortly, and will be back on my PC later today.

C) If we're in a two scum setup, we're currently on the last day, so I'd recommend unvoting 100years before scum can hammer me.

D) I was roleblocked somehow last night, and my gut says that either it is a scum action or ecco messing with me. If I'm still in the game when I get home, I'll full claim.

So you're pushing the false idea that we're in MYLO and weirdly resigned despite very little pressure on you. "if I'm still in the game" and eagerness to fullclaim? You never seemed to be under a lot of suspicion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hi guys sorry I wasn't around today. Let me catch up on the thread and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Present, but not present enough to give opinions?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hal is definitely looking scummiest to me.

He buddies up to birdstrike from the beginning

Calls someone out on posting without scum hunting but hasn't done any himself.

When he does make a case it sounds really manufactured. The best part is that his description of what 100yoa is doing perfectly describes himself (see bold)

##vote hal

Kinda like this post/vote

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lost WiFi. Only have five free minutes at a cafe. Gonna do what I meant to last night. ##vote hal

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Got a voucher for more data so I'm around until lunch is over.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Never mind leaving now. See you in a couple hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am finally at a real computer with a stable internet connection hello.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Reasons I like a Hal lynch:

• Drops down a vote as a response to a casual lurker poke, is content to leave vote there for a long time
  • Driveby hammer with the excuse of "we don't need to listen to his lies" after all day having been very buddying up with him.
  • Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm going to ##vote SSV his "stream of consciousness" posting was very sparse and in the end he added nothing to the conversation, threw some easy shade towards me and Meinberg and didn't even vote anyone.

Takes advantage of the fact that I lost internet to accuse me of not even bothering voting. While of course he doesn't know what's going on with my connection, I specifically mentioned I didn't know if I'd be around for deadline so it should be kind of obvious that I was intending to vote.

Also feeling Meinberg is pretty scummy. Meinberg/Hal could be scumteam. Would vote Meinberg also.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Plurality means I just got lynched, doesn't it? I don't think I can say anything about my thoughts. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Meinberg posted:

Since the deadline is hanging, you're allowed to talk until Ecco says you're dead.

Eh, I think I'll just not talk about game related stuff to keep to the spirit of the game.

Hal Incandenza posted:

YES where were you 6 minutes ago?

Posting the flip (or lack thereof) for my WoW game. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This game was cool, I like the idea of the town having the night kill instead of the scum. Sorry about my ski trip kinda loving up the scum team, Foo.

• Locked thread