Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in an Ecco game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey pork pals what up?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Captain Foo are you the new space captain?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'd vig a scum :c00lbert:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Oh gosh I'm sorry I didn't realise joke phase had stopped.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:lol: at Captain Foo trying to mafia dad me but not understanding plurality

Based on prior experiences I would probably vig AnonNarc.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ljtrigirl posted:

I like this response.

^^ Scum found, thank you and good night.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Observe: SSV over-eggs the pudding on his read on me. Meinberg throws down a vote, ljtrigirl pops in to agree with Meinberg without taking action.

I think Meinberg's vote so early on is too risky for typical scum play.
ljtrigirl though made a low effort post which appears to engage with the game but has no value.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Meinberg posted:

Maybe it's just his avatar, but I feel like I can't trust that Birdstrike guy.

Mafia is a game built on trust, so

wait

It's okay, I come from a strange place and speak with an amusing accent, I'm used to this ostracism.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

Well australians are scum irl

Confirmed.

Captain Foo posted:

when did i try to mafiadad you

You suggested I read the thread
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it's sleepy time for me now

in the meantime I have a new av :unsmith:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Based on prior experience, like how you always think I'm scum and you're always wrong?

But you were scum in the tournament game (which you won)?
-

100Yrs how do you feel about SSV?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Okay let's generate some content.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think we run a real risk of being steam rolled if we're not careful. Days promise to be fast and plurality favors apathy. Town has everything to lose by keeping quiet.

This is an odd post because everything it contains is self evident. I also don't like the use of 'we'.
##vote 100YrsofAttitude

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

if this post is bad enough to vote on for you, why did you find it voteable rather than Meinberg's post almost immediately following?

Meinberg's post has a lightness to it which I enjoyed. Looking back now though it is very white-noisy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I do think that it's counter to how a town player should act (which is generally agreeable and having a "for the greater good" mentality.)

Sorry for being brusque friendo :)

But I don't think "agreeable" is conducive to good town play.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The vig question was pointless like when in the chat thread everyone posted pics of their phone backgrounds.
In context I'll give it the benefit of not being role-fishing, but it sailed close to the wind and I don't begrudge people's answers.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would like this vote if it wasn't an omgus.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal votes SSV, SSV votes Hal, Dez made that catch.

What do you call it?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

alice voting bob and bob voting alice an omgus does not make

Thanks for the explanation, do you know my pal Gaspy?

Moving on, I don't think SSV's vote is bad. I am a little bit suss on Hal's friendliness towards me this morning. It was very much appreciated, but I am wary of potential scum buddying up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
LJ you should put more content in your posts or Captain Foo will get annoyed. Personally I don't care.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Meinberg posted:

Foo is at the top of my "look at this guy" list, but right now I feel like he's fading into the background despite making a lot of posts, which is probably a bad thing!!

Which of Foo's posts are bad? I'm interested as I have the opposite reaction.
Annoying yes, somewhat condescending yes, but reading townie to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tremendous Taste posted:

The buildup to his vote doesn't make any sense. It seems like theater

I'm tending to agree.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

In the first post, you say you have the opposite reaction. In the second post, you say that you agree. Is your opinion reversed that easily?

My initial read was that "Foo's generating content in post, that's townie" and "Foo's giving me a hard time for being an idiot, that's townie."

But when you actually reread Foo's posts, most of them are questions about how other people feel without adding anything of use. Then he votes Taste with not a whole lot of justification - with that build up, it would have made more sense if Foo voted me instead of Taste.

I'm thinking there are better options than 100Yrs, eg still looking at Hal. ##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ljtrigirl posted:

Was he the one that asked me why I didn't vote with Mein after I said that I liked his post?

Yes (hello)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Oh I definitely have interest, but I want to see what discussion takes place. Especially as this is the deadest part of the day as far as participation goes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

these are only a couple of posts apart

cool contradiction dude

Why are you avoiding my assessment of you? That's kind of scummy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I was hoping in Foo's wall of posts there would be some acknowledgment that most of the "content" he generated was just asking someone a question without providing any reads on people.

But whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

maybe you could explain your contradiction instead of pushing a narrative that i wasn't offering opinions

because i was offering opinions

Maybe you could find the shift key.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The greater question for now though is whether Foo, for all of his obvious and crippling flaws, is scum or simply a moron.

I'm thinking the latter right now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Here are all the ways you've disappointed me

100yrs feels like a scum searching for a narrative,
Anon has been tunnelling me as usual,
Hal has been lurky as all getout then focuses on the person who voted him,
LJ I misread, but her fascination with Meinberg is weird and she probably needs professional help,
Meinberg has made about one good post, put a half-joking vote on me and has done nothing since,
SSV has tunnelled Hal like a dwarf,
Taste needs to post more,
The less I say about Foo the better
and Ecco was right about this game.

also I'm a stupid

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I actually got a short second wind from the last post. Considering I still have to brush my teeth I may make it to two am! Though I won't stay up later than 3 am. That's just unreasonable.

Just how well are you reading the thread? You keep messing up on these small details. I never voted Hal, in fact I've just ignored his lurkness this whole time because it struck me as a waste of time.

I was referring to SSV.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I figured but I think him ending with a vote on me makes me for the focus of his point than SirSam.

Yeah I can see how you would think that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AnonNarc why do you hate me?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

He's a crappy weathervane,

that's loving harsh man

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I get it, I get that I've been inconsistent and all over the place but you didn't have to come in after a page of people piling on me and call me that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks Hal, I was feeling pretty down in rl that morning so it was nice to know you had my back :glomp:

Also thanks Ecco

• Locked thread