Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure I only play games that are not good for new players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can't believe we lost the daycop before the day started! Upsetting.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would just be responsible and hang onto the vig until I could use it at the most fantastic and cool moment to win the game for the town.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

If you want to tell someone to post more, I would recommend Hal for that purpose

Here's a post for you! ##vote SSV

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would shoot myself if I were forced to answer such a banal question

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like the new avatar Birdstrike

Tell me who the badguys are

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

It reads like buddying up out of nowhere, really strikes me as odd. Perhaps he's trying to coax activity out of me?

Yeah it was kind of random. I assumed you two had some torrid history together or something. Also I don't love posts that are like "hey someone else make some content so I can riff off it" posts.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

With the fact that Hal has done nothing still, I'm happy leaving my vote on him though.

Way to really put some effort into scumhunting there buddy.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am not sure what point you are trying to make there, but I think Taste's point is valid. There are good ways to try and generate content, and there are ways of using that as an excuse to say little and let others generate content for you to work with when you are stuck trying to force reads. What 100years did felt like the second kind. It's wrapped up in a lot of fluff and buddying and feels fake.

Meinberg's reaction to it and defense of it feels off to me as well, it takes no critical look at the situation and is just waves away any analysis of what happened and tries to brush the whole thing under the table.

OMGUS or whatever, but I also don't like Vimes play too much this game, it's a good example of posting noise and saying little of substance, something I find to be scummier more often than just lurking (merk would say Vimes is content lurking).

I'll vote with the thing that has pinged me the most though ##vote 100years

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Here are all the ways you've disappointed me

100yrs feels like a scum searching for a narrative,
Anon has been tunnelling me as usual,
Hal has been lurky as all getout then focuses on the person who voted him,
LJ I misread, but her fascination with Meinberg is weird and she probably needs professional help,
Meinberg has made about one good post, put a half-joking vote on me and has done nothing since,
SSV has tunnelled Hal like a dwarf,
Taste needs to post more,
The less I say about Foo the better
and Ecco was right about this game.

also I'm a stupid

I can't help it if an infallible strategy for finding scum is looking at who makes bad cases on me D1.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

birdstrike I think these guys just don't "get" you

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man sorry about this Birdstrike! ##vote Birdstrike

All glory to Hal!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ljtrigirl posted:

Holy gently caress. You guys didn't even give him the chance to claim.

No need to listen to his lies

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Win or lose everything I do from here on out is for Birdstrike

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##eat baconstrike

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was fake don't kill me Ecccccccoooooooooooo

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

if there are two scum we have another day so R-E-L-A-X

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Hal, why did you hammer early? I could speculate but that seems wifomy and less productive than just asking

Someone said they were about to hammer and I wanted to sneak in and grab all the credit in case birdstrike flipped scum.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

The first part - how he hammered even though he never really supported the birdstrike vote so it was kind of weird.

Dude literally said he was hammering in 15-30 minutes like 10 minutes before I did it and no one was talking or really supporting other candidates. Are you asserting that I was so desperate as scum to get Birdstrike killed that I felt like I had to force a hammer instead of letting it happen naturally a few minutes later?

If you really want to assert that you better provide some reasoning as to why I would have done that.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

So you're pushing the false idea that we're in MYLO and weirdly resigned despite very little pressure on you. "if I'm still in the game" and eagerness to fullclaim? You never seemed to be under a lot of suspicion.

I think Meinberg hasn't been all that great this game, but his confusion about LYLO makes me think he's more likely town than scum. Scum are going to pretty aware of how many players are in the game and when it is LYLO, and I don't think Meinberg is going to fake that misunderstanding in that situation.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to ##vote SSV his "stream of consciousness" posting was very sparse and in the end he added nothing to the conversation, threw some easy shade towards me and Meinberg and didn't even vote anyone.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also don't like Captain Foo, but he isn't around to defend himself so I am going to hold off on pushing that more until tomorrow.

Basically he's posted an awful lot, but almost all of it is just talking about what he expects out of other people and pushing other people to make content. His actual opinions are few and far between and I don't really like his play around birdstrike yesterday.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Lost WiFi. Only have five free minutes at a cafe. Gonna do what I meant to last night. ##vote hal

Why is that again? Is there an actual case on me other than people thinking somehow hammering birdstrike was scummy?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Never mind leaving now. See you in a couple hours.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo dont go

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I have a theory that Hal and 100yoa are scum together. Will elaborate when I get home bc my phone is dying.

I am excited to see what you have to say!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What time is deadline? I will be around but I am busyish so I don't want to forget to come back before deadline.

I would be OK moving my vote to Meinberg if it came down to it. His posting has been bad (although promising to deliver content and then not doing it isn't a slam dunk scumtell) and he was definitely defensive out of nowhere. I think not knowing the game situation is weird as scum but it's not the strongest evidence for being town either, and I always say post content trumps almost everything in mafia.

ssv>foo>meinberg is how I feel right now. 100years seems town to me at this point, ANarc as well, TT I can't tell.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can never remember how plurality works. Do I get killed since I got to two votes more recently or is Meinberg since he got there first?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ecco what point are you trying to prove with this experimental game?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I am finally at a real computer with a stable internet connection hello.

Hi!!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Reasons I like a Hal lynch:

• Drops down a vote as a response to a casual lurker poke, is content to leave vote there for a long time
  • Driveby hammer with the excuse of "we don't need to listen to his lies" after all day having been very buddying up with him.

• Takes advantage of the fact that I lost internet to accuse me of not even bothering voting. While of course he doesn't know what's going on with my connection, I specifically mentioned I didn't know if I'd be around for deadline so it should be kind of obvious that I was intending to vote.

Also feeling Meinberg is pretty scummy. Meinberg/Hal could be scumteam. Would vote Meinberg also.

Yeah dude it was a joke. I also said I dedicated my game to birdstrike in the very next post. I can't believe you would take any of that seriously and base a case around it.

And how was I supposed to know you lost internet? Obvious you were intending to vote who? You made two surface level cases towards me and meinberg and then left. Usually you would include your vote with one of those cases if you actually believed in them. I have no idea what your internet situation was, what you did looked like someone throwing some suspicion out there and waiting to see what stuck so you could follow with your vote. Trying to paint that as some scummy act by me is very forced.

I am quite satisfied with my vote on you now.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Vimes what do you think about Foo other than feeling that his one post was meaningless?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Plurality means I just got lynched, doesn't it? I don't think I can say anything about my thoughts. :v:

YES where were you 6 minutes ago?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hot drat! I love being right.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was all for you Birdstrike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I win!