Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
can you just not

raspy
I love to exert myself. I love to work up a sweat and become exhausted from moving my body. I love the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

It is enjoyable to expend the Calorie, over and over.

dogcrash truther

joke_explainer posted:

\

Weekend Bridges

by Smythe
The strongest muscle in your body is your brain. Smart people get a lot of headaches. Why? That's the brain trying to escape the body to find a buffer one.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

time to get that sweet, sweet endorphin release
*does some jumping jacks*
oh yeah thats the stuff

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
My God, put a brazier on

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm trying to get back in shape because I am kinda chubby and just went through a breakup so want to be sexually appealing to pretty girls, its hard but also rewarding and feels good to see results! Down 5 pounds already! (:

ChairmanMeow

good on you, congrats

ChairmanMeow

joke_explainer posted:

#luv2spend

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
i let myself go after i got married :smug:

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Weekend Bridges posted:

The strongest muscle in your body is your brain. Smart people get a lot of headaches. Why? That's the brain trying to escape the body to find a buffer one.

My head is swole and heavy because it is full of thoughts

platonicbackrub

CAT BRUSH posted:

i let myself go after i got married :smug:

nice hunmblebrag

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
Me: I love this. Runner's high rules

Doctor: you're having a heat stroke, sir. Please drink the ice water

google THIS

lol at people who are obsessed with "gains," whatever those are. um, aren't you supposed to be losing stuff, not gaining stuff? i think you're working out backwards

Piso Mojado

Nooner posted:

I'm trying to get back in shape because I am kinda chubby and just went through a breakup so want to be sexually appealing to pretty girls, its hard but also rewarding and feels good to see results! Down 5 pounds already! (:

sweet, duder! what kind of workout are you doing?

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Piso Mojado posted:

sweet, duder! what kind of workout are you doing?
I just got back from a 30 minute walk through the very hilly neighborhood by my office during my lunch break. Tonight I will lift weights and follow that up with a healthy dinner!

alnilam

Nooner posted:

I just got back from a 30 minute walk through the very hilly neighborhood by my office during my lunch break. Tonight I will lift weights and follow that up with a healthy dinner!

:toot:

alnilam

what kinda lifts u doin, and how often? If you want advice, the ylls fitness people are really nice and sometimes their mod comes to post about exercise with us here

alnilam

I cast Summon Shine :smugwizard:

ulvir

google THIS posted:

lol at people who are obsessed with "gains," whatever those are. um, aren't you supposed to be losing stuff, not gaining stuff? i think you're working out backwards

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:

alnilam posted:

what kinda lifts u doin, and how often? If you want advice, the ylls fitness people are really nice and sometimes their mod comes to post about exercise with us here

I've got a 40 pound bar bell in my room that i try to do 2 sets to exhaustion of bicep curls and military press in the morning, then just gently caress around doing different stuff on the weight machine in my apt gym. I probably should just get a membership to an actual gym though. I'm not trying to get like ripped or anything, I just want to get back down to like ~170-5 and get some tone back going. I will check out YLLS though!

alnilam

Nooner posted:

I've got a 40 pound bar bell in my room that i try to do 2 sets to exhaustion of bicep curls and military press in the morning, then just gently caress around doing different stuff on the weight machine in my apt gym. I probably should just get a membership to an actual gym though. I'm not trying to get like ripped or anything, I just want to get back down to like ~170-5 and get some tone back going. I will check out YLLS though!

I don't really want to get "ripped" either but ive come to love lifting weights and strength training, and it hasn't made me ripped just stronger and more toned... pushing yourself to higher weights in a regular regimen of exercise is still going to be way better for you than exhaustion curls etc, but what you're doing is still better than nothing and congrats on losing some weight :)

Basically from what i understand you only get ripped if you're trying to get ripped, but either way you should still try for the same sorts of beginner programs that a person who wants to get ripped would use

Piso Mojado

Amen, about ylls. I had really good results using the 'Starting Strength' methods I found out in ylls, but there's a lot of good posters there with great advice!

personally I think any kind of activity is good as long as you enjoy it. beccause if you dont enjoy it, you wont stick with it. my routine is kinda scatter brained to serious lifters, cyclists but it's because I only do the exercises I like to do....but I'm loving consistent, which is important imo.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I lift the food, to my face

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

kuskus

If I don't have enough fitbit steps before bedtime I jam out and dance until I hit my mark and I always hit my mark :jihad:

Android Blues

I work out my hands by buying lots of jars and opening them. you only get that full difficult jar work out once per jar (cant put a lid on a jar thats open - old saying my strong handed granddad used to say) so its expensive but its worth it. i dont have to press in the sides of child proof medicine caps any more and i can pet one side of a dog's head by rubbing my thumb against the other side and sending a vibration

platonicbackrub

i like tuna and whey protein if it tastes like chocolate :yum:

the tuna i mean

dogcrash truther
I Eat Big which keeps me strong

GEExCEE

dogcrash truther posted:

I Eat Big which keeps me strong

You gotta Eat Big to Get Big

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

hi byob i'm feeling a little stressed out so i might hit the gym in an hour. I assume this is the new gym thread :)

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Piso Mojado

I think it should be. Excercise and Big Eaters thread.

I've been really calling it in lately as far as working out and Eating Big. getting 8 hours tonight, cooking a BIG rear end BREAKFAST and heading to the gym before work tomorrow. gonna be a busy day.

Piso Mojado

chill, you still fighting/boxing?

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Haven't been since I got busy. Three weeks of laziness now. :( I'll try to go back this weekend. Trying to finish up this paper and I have a test tomorrow. But, an hour at the gym to relax might actually be good for me.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

blaise rascal posted:

I lift the food, to my face

kuskus

I love to exorcise the demons within my cat

pogi

Right now I'm doing Brazilian Jujitsu on Mondays and Wednesdays, Boxing on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Yoga of Mondays and Fridays, and open mat MMA on Saturdays. I need to find a way to do roadwork in the morning without feeling exhausted throughout my day job - maybe I need to eat bigger?

barfdog

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Piso Mojado

I knew if I brought up fighting, pogi would come back.

Piso Mojado

what kind of yoga you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
this thread wore me out. nap time!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

• Locked thread