Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I could see the failure of my platinum armor as an indictment of my pursuit of style over substance, but I think I'll blame my teammates instead.

Slackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
To make life easier on the commissioners, I've just finished a script which will create a macro to build the whole team at once, rather than building fighters one at a time.

... I guess that you, the players, will probably want access to this as well for your own teams, right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Can we do a special tournament with this option on please, this sounds fantastic

If someone tells me (sends me new zip) I will do this for funsies with any macro i have saved from this or any other tournament.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

If someone tells me (sends me new zip) I will do this for funsies with any macro i have saved from this or any other tournament.

gently caress Rogers v. literally anyone's fighter

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Long Name gonna pound that.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've put a link at the bottom of the team page that allows you to download a macro to build your full team.

In the arena, press k, then move the cursor to the top row of either the left or right corner of the arena, then Ctrl-L to load the team macro, then Ctrl-R to run it. Have fun.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

so i ran some test's with my team comp and then this happened

:psyboom:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It's like wet towel whipping, except the towel is made of iron rings and wet with blood. :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was the tigerman wearing a mail shirt, or has magic happened?

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

goatface posted:

Was the tigerman wearing a mail shirt, or has magic happened?

The gremlin would have been wearing the mail shirt, and then the tigerman grabbed it, the gremlin wriggled out and then promptly got beaten to death with his own shirt.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Some Friday Night Deathmatch action is coming later this evening. Stay tuned.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Yessss. :black101:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Round 1, Fight... six, I think? :siren:

On the left is the home team, The Petting Zoo.

Antwoman is, unsurprisingly, a soldier ant woman managed by Spermy Smurf. She wields four daggers General Grievous style -- one iron, one copper, and two bronze. She wears no armor.

A Lost Cowman is a male minotaur managed by Locomotive Breath. He is unarmed, but wears an iron mail shirt under a leather breastplate, a silver helm, copper greaves, silver gauntlets, and silver low boots.

Simon Belmole is a male molemarian managed by Ablative. He wields a copper scourge and wears leather low boots, a copper cap, and a copper mailshirt.

Stephen Harper is a male serpentman managed by ChickenWing. He wears no armor, but wields a silver hammer in one hand and a wooden shield in the other.

On the right is the visiting team, Hell's Dentists.

Madmartigan is a male molemarian managed by gbuchold. He wears no armor, but wields an iron pick in one hand and a wooden shield in the other.

The Abominable Gladiator is a female yeti managed by Pickled Tink. She is unarmed, but wears two layers of copper mail shirts, a set of copper gauntlets, and a set of copper high boots.

In Like Flynn is a male dwarf managed by grobbendonk. He wields an iron pick in one hand and a wooden shield in the other, and is all-clad in a set of all-copper armor -- a mail shirt beneath a breastplate, a helm, greaves, gauntlets, and high boots.

Krog Bonesmasha is a male Elf managed by astus. He wields a copper warhammer, and wears an iron helm, iron greaves, and iron gauntlets.

And there's the bell, and the fighters are off!

Lost Cowman is the first one to reach the center and immediately attempts to grapple with Madmartigan! However, Abominable and Krog both rush to defend their ally from the cowman, with Krog fracturing the minotaur's skull with a hammer strike to the head! But Lost Cowman remains standing!

Antwoman slashes Madmartigan's right rear leg with a dagger strike, and takes it off completely! At the same time, Lost Cowman, broken skull and all, charges Madmartigan and knocks him over! Stephen Harper swings his hammer at Krog's belly and connects... it looks like that hurt! It's enough to just throw off Krog's strike at Simon Belmole, who is just barely able to parry in time.

Lost Cowman, now full of pain and rage, faces off against Abominable. The two trade powerful but ineffective strikes as Madmartigan stands back up and faces Antwoman. Madmartigan strikes, but Antwoman parries and buries a copper dagger in the moleman's front leg, spraying blood all over the arena! Madmartigan falls to the ground again!

And now Krog faces Stephen Harper, and shatters the snakeman's ribs with a hammerstrike!

Antwoman approaches the prone Madmartigan hoping to finish him off, but from the ground, the moleman lunges and bites the antwoman's arm, latching on and shaking his head violently! Antwoman responds to this by using one of the daggers in one of her other arms' hands to impale Madmartigan's weapon hand! This disarms the great molemarian, who continues to shake and shake until Antwoman's arm is torn from its socket! One of her copper daggers clatters to the floor!

Krog presses his advantage against Stephen Harper, and mangles the snakeman's weapon arm with a pick strike! Stephen's silver hammer clatters to the rocky arena floor!

Antwoman stabs Madmartigan in the leg, chipping the bone, but molemarians do not feel pain! Madmartigan responds by biting the antwoman in the leg, fracturing the exoskeleton! Unable to stand, the antwoman tumbles to the ground!

Abominable punches Lost Cowman in the mouth, and bloody teeth are sent flying in every direction!

Krog continues wailing away at Stephen Harper, beating the serpent man repeatedly in the upper body and bruising liver, lungs, and other organs! Stephen weakly tries to retaliate but Krog blocks it with his shield. Krog then charges and knocks Stephen over, sending the snakeman tumbling in the direction of Flynn, who takes an attack of opportunity and mangles the snakeman's shield arm with a pick strike!

Madmartigan continues biting down on Antwoman's leg until it explodes into pulp and ichor! Antwoman slices open Madmartigan's arm before finally fainting from the massive pain of her injuries.

Madmartigan tears the remainder of Antwoman's mangled leg from her body and spits it out.

Flynn swings his pick at Stephen Harper twice, slicing open the snakeman's arm with one strike and impaling his pancreas with the second! Flynn pulls the bloody pancreas from the snakeman's body with his pick, and takes a bite of it! At the sight of this, Stephen Harper faints.

Simon Belmole, who hasn't done much yet this fight, swings at both Flynn and Abominable but the scourge can't penetrate the fighters' armor.

The crippled Madmartigan crawls over to Antwoman's unconscious body, and uses his shield as a giant wooden flyswatter, splattering the antwoman's head! The first death of the fight is official!

Krog makes his way over to Stephen Harper's prone body and swings at the snakeman's head! The skull is fractured, but the wound isn't fatal.

Lost Cowman tries to gore Abominable, but the yeti's armor protects him and the result is only a bruise. Abominable retaliates with a vicious attack on Lost Cowman's face, taking off the minotaur's right ear with a bite and his nose with a swipe of the yeti's great claw!

Simon Belmole decides that the crippled Madmartigan would make a fine opponent, and begins scourging his fellow molemarian in the belly. Blood flies everywhere!

After four attempts, Krog finally smashes Stephen Harper's skull. The home team has only two fighters remaining! To make things worse, Abominable finally connects with a massive uppercut to Lost Cowman's chin, knocking the minotaur unconscious!

Simon Belmole, the only conscious member of The Petting Zoo, continues to lash away at Madmartigan. Blow after blow connects, the scourge takes off one of Madmartigan's feet completely, arteries are opened, flesh is flayed, and blood continues to spray everywhere. But a scourge's real strength is its ability to inflict great pain to knock enemies unconscious, and this doesn't work on Simon's opponent, a fellow pain-immune molemarian.

Instead of helping their teammate, Abominable, Krog, and Flynn all take turns taking free shots at the unconscious Lost Cowman, each one hoping to get the kill for themselves. Finally, it's a hammer strike from Krog that scores the kill. The teammates look up to see Madmartigan nearly dead from blood loss!

Will the visiting fighters get to their teammate in time to preserve a perfect victory?

And the answer is... NO! Simon Belmole takes two more lashes with his scourge at Madmartigan, and the crippled molemarian finally bleeds to death! The crowd roars! Could this be the beginning of a comeback?

Simon Belmole backs into a corner, facing off against his three opponents.

Simon's work is cut out for him. He bravely swings his scourge at Abominable, and breaks a bone in the yeti's arm! But Flynn uses this opening to slice off the molemarian's off-hand with a pick strike!

Simon continues dancing around and backing away, dodging and feinting, and manages to take out one of Flynn's eyes with his scourge! He jumps away from another attack and slices open Abominable's belly! The massive she-yeti looks sick!

The crowd gets louder and louder as Simon continues to defy the odds! The molemarian ignores what could would have been a painful pick strike from Flynn if it were inflicted on any other opponent, and lashes Abominable viciously in the head! The yeti faints from the pain! The crowd roars, as the fight is now one-on-two!

And the crowd is immediately silenced as a pick strike from Flynn tears apart Simon's left rear leg, leaving him unable to stand. As he crashes to the floor, another pick strike from Flynn takes off Simon's arm, and Krog paralyzes the molemarian from the waist down with a hammer blow to the spine!

At this point, it's academic. The crowd jeers and throws garbage into the arena as Flynn and Krog continue to swing away at their last remaining opponent, with Flynn scoring the kill via decapitation.

Hell's Dentists become the first visiting team to win in the arena this season!

Final: Hell's Dentists 4, The Petting Zoo 1

Kills

Krog Bonesmasha 2
Madmartigan 1
In Like Flynn 1

Simon Belmole 1

Here's how the survivors look after the match:

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 24, 2015

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I will consider this a moral victory, as I have proved that I am the only competent member of my team.

Also scourges loving rock :whip:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Since when do elves have trance?

j/k good fight

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Goood fight. Also, the combat log goes to the wrong fight.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

Goood fight. Also, the combat log goes to the wrong fight.

:argh: I thought I could fix that before anyone noticed. Fixed now.

I actually uploaded the wrong one at first so you'll have to reload it

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

:argh: I thought I could fix that before anyone noticed. Fixed now.

I actually uploaded the wrong one at first so you'll have to reload it

NICE TRY.

Also goddamn does that cow keep getting his loving bell rung in this log. How many head hits did he tank?

edit:

A Series of Head Traumas posted:

Krog Bonesmasha bashes A Lost Cowman in the head with his copper war hammer, bruising the muscle and fracturing the skull through the large silver helm!

Madmartigan strikes A Lost Cowman in the head with his iron pick, tearing the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator kicks A Lost Cowman in the head with her left foot, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the lower front teeth with her right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

The Abominable Gladiator bites A Lost Cowman in the right ear and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Madmartigan strikes A Lost Cowman in the right cheek with his oaken shield and the injured part explodes into gore!

The Abominable Gladiator scratches A Lost Cowman in the nose and the severed part sails off in an arc!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!
A Lost Cowman has been knocked unconscious!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

In Like Flynn strikes A Lost Cowman in the head with his iron pick, tearing apart the muscle, fracturing the skull through the large silver helm!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!

The Abominable Gladiator punches A Lost Cowman in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

Krog Bonesmasha bashes A Lost Cowman in the head with his copper war hammer and the injured part is crushed!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A Lost Cowman has been struck down.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 24, 2015

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Hey man, that yeti was pretty beat up when you started. I softened her up for you! I-, I contributed, okay. :smith:

Also I guess it was a good fight or something, I guess.

Edit ^^^: Clearly not enough, judging by the outcome.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 24, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

NICE TRY.

Also goddamn does that cow keep getting his loving bell rung in this log. How many head hits did he tank?

Nine.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Well, that's a lot better than my steel plated glass jaw minotaur from the previous tournament. 1 measly punch was all it took. :suicide:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Locomotive breath posted:

Hey man, that yeti was pretty beat up when you started. I softened her up for you! I-, I contributed, okay. :smith:

Don't worry, if Willow taught me anything, it's that a strong showing in the first match is inevitably followed by absolute worthlessness forever more.

Also what is it with scourges and molemarians? drat things are magnetic, I swear.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Thirteen if you count getting his teeth knocked out, his ear torn off, his nose torn off, and his cheek obliterated. :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Thirteen if you count getting his teeth knocked out, his ear torn off, his nose torn off, and his cheek obliterated. :v:

True, but ctrl-c ctrl-f "A Lost Cowman in the head" seemed like a good idea at the time.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

True, but ctrl-c ctrl-f "A Lost Cowman in the head" seemed like a good idea at the time.

I added a list of all 13 hits to my post above, yeah. Those other ones were trickier.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, even if my cowman didn't ultimately do much, at least he tanked well. At least I've secured my niche on the team!

PS: "A Lost Cowman in the Head" was totally the name of my high school ska band.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
:tinfoil: I'm certain Jazzimus Prime did this because of the earlier discussion. :tinfoil:

I am pleased with the Yeti's ability to take at least some punishment before passing out from pain.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Every time I see 5+ posts I'm like "yay maybe it was our fight" but no, it never was. I want to see us get murdered already :v:

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

GreyPowerVan posted:

Every time I see 5+ posts I'm like "yay maybe it was our fight" but no, it never was. I want to see us get murdered already :v:

Well, you've got a 50/50 chance now at least.

Glad to see our team lived up to our name, I love how teeth just scatter in all directions in Dwarf Fortress.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

GreyPowerVan posted:

We're down to the last two fights of the round, and we have three active commissioners. Shouldn't be a problem.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
You can layer armor? :O

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

We're down to the last two fights of the round, and we have three active commissioners. Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not actually trying to rush anyone. I just am curious as to how we do.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Godna posted:

You can layer armor? :O

Up to three mail shirts beneath a breastplate or suit of leather armor. Other types of armor (boots, gauntlets, helms/caps, greaves) cannot be layered.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Gimmick build gonna be fun

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Up to three mail shirts beneath a breastplate or suit of leather armor. Other types of armor (boots, gauntlets, helms/caps, greaves) cannot be layered.

The extra cost didn't leave much for skills, however

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Man, gently caress this game. If Antwoman was against anyone other than a moleman it would have been different :(

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm not actually trying to rush anyone. I just am curious as to how we do.

I suspect we're going to do horribly. :D

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

On one hand, I'm thrilled to see Stephen Harper getting his poo poo kicked in.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if he'd actually hit someone :smith:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

ChickenWing posted:

On one hand, I'm thrilled to see Stephen Harper getting his poo poo kicked in.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if he'd actually hit someone :smith:

Hitting people is overrated. Experiment Twenty-two hit someone and then promptly had her hands cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!
:siren: Round One, Fight Seven :siren:

For this writeup and all future ones done by me the Home team will be indicated by yellow in screenshots and bold in the post. The Visiting team will be indicated by turquoise in screenshots and underlined in the post.

Fighting for Home is Spooky Scary Skeletons

Tash Al'rhyn is a Werewolf woman ready to bash some heads in with her silver hammer. She is lightly armored and holds a shield in her other hand. She is managed by tithin.
Three Gremlins in a Blender is a Strangler man with an iron pick. Stranglers and picks seem to go hand in hand in these tournaments! Three Gremlins is also lightly armored and holds a shield in his other hand. He is managed by AJ_Impy.
Bad Munki is a Kobold man with a standard Bowbold build. He is using a steel bow and dons a leather cap, relying on his teammates to keep the other team busy.
Candy Corn Tiger is a Tigerman with an iron halberd and a shield. He is managed by Klokwurk.

Just visiting is A furry, a farmer, and two cows

Goku is a Saiy- I mean Tigerman with a silver hammer and covered in leather. He is managed by Galick.
Dontellim Pike is a Human man with an iron pike. He is decently armored in iron and leather. He is managed by John Charity Spring.
Min/Maxotaur is a Minotaur woman armed with a wooden buckler and covered in copper. She is managed by Anchors.
Rob Ford is a Minotaur man with a silver hammer, a wooden shield and some decent armor. He is managed by Tirius.

Lots of hammers this round! Let's get to the bashing!

Bad Munki lets an arrow loose into the arena! It flies true and chips bone in Goku's left leg! Goku hits the floor and the melee effectively becomes even. Tash Al'rhyn chooses Dontellim Pike as her opponent. Min/Maxotaur and Three Gremlins in a Blender square off. Neither pair damage each other. Candy Corn Tiger is more decisive than his teammates, he runs up to Rob Ford and immediately lops off the Minotaur's right arm. Not wanting to be shown up Three Gremlins in a Blender stabs deep into Min/Maxotaur's right leg with his iron pick! Min/Maxotaur drops to the ground, one leg now useless. The Strangler follows up with a pick strike to the head, doing damage but nothing lethal.

Candy Corn Tiger cuts deep into Rob Ford's left arm, rendering it useless. The Minotaur drops his shield, but takes the iron halberd lodged in his arm with him as he staggers back. Candy Corn Tiger needs that halberd. In a somewhat questionable maneuver Candy Corn Tiger charges at Rob Ford. He crashes into the Minotaur, manages to wrench his halberd free, but bounces back stunned!

Unfortunately Rob Ford fails to take advantage of the situation. Three Gremlins in a Blender swings his pick twice in quick succession. The first taking off Min/Maxotaur's left arm, the second sinking deep into the Minotaur's chest. Min/Maxotaur passes out from the pain!

Bad Munki's second arrow meets Rob Ford's stomach, tearing the Minotaur's guts. Rob Ford goes down just as Three Gremlins in a Blender ends Min/Maxotaur's life with a pick to the skull! First kill goes to Three Gremlins in a Blender!

Three Gremlins in a Blender then casually walks over and steals Candy Corn Tiger's kill of Rob Ford with another quick picking.

Dontellim Pike and Tash Al'rhyn continue to dance around each other, neither landing a significant blow on the other. The melee fighters of Spooky Scary Skeletons all look to poor Goku, now the easiest target remaining. First Three Gremlins in a Blender sinks his pick into Goku's right arm. Then Tash Al'rhyn breaks from Dontellim Pike for enough time to fracture the bones in Goku's right arm with her hammer. Three Gremlins in a Blender scratches Goku's guts while Candy Corn Tiger decides to stab Goku... in his right arm. Needless to say Goku isn't feeling too great at this point.

Bad Munki lets a third arrow loose. Goku is shot through the heart and blacks out! Not long after Candy Corn Tiger finishes Goku off with a halberd decapitation.

Dontellim Pike is now the only fighter remaining on A furry, a farmer, and two cows. The wily Human has some skill, obviously, but can he withstand 3 melee opponents at once? Candy Corn Tiger is the first to approach Dontellim Pike, but this was a mistake. Dontellim Pike stabs Candy Corn Tiger in the lungs, followed by a bone-fracturing stab to the right leg. Candy Corn Tiger hits the floor, passed out from the pain!

Dontellim Pike stabs Candy Corn Tiger in the head, damaging but not killing him. Before he can finish the job he is interrupted by Tash Al'rhyn's hammer. The hammer only bruises though and Dontellim Pike deftly dances around his opponents once again! The audience is so excited at the display that only a few pay attention to Bad Munki nocking another arrow. The Kobold lets it loose and the audience watches in horror as the arrow sinks deep into Dontellim Pike's right arm. The Human cries out in pain!

It was not Bad Munki's best shot, but it was enough. Dontellim Pike is too slow to parry properly now and the Skeletons take notice. They are not kind to Dontellim Pike.

Three Gremlins in a Blender attempts to take the final kill for himself but it is Tash Al'rhyn that finally ends the Human's life by caving in his skull with her hammer.

Final Score:
Spooky Scary Skeletons: 4
A furry, a farmer, and two cows: 0

Kills

Three Gremlins in a Blender: 2
Candy Corn Tiger: 1
Tash Al'rhyn: 1

Combat Log

Silverminnow fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 25, 2015