Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
My bets aren't doing too badly so far this round. I fully expect my bet against my own team to win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Panty Thief posted:

Dear Diary

Today I beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker!

code:
Return of Panty Thief _PLUMP throws Molegrim_LASER by the second toe, left front foot with
 Return of Panty Thief _PLUMP's right upper arm!
Molegrim_LASER's left front leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle!
Molegrim_LASER's right upper arm skids along the ground and
 the part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
Molegrim_LASER slams into Turquoise Tonic_LASER!
Turquoise Tonic_LASER's right foot skids along the ground and the part splits in gore!
An artery has been opened by the attack!

Mr. Vile fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 28, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Ah well. Broken spine, still bites people and soaks up ridiculous amounts of damage.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, I for one completly expected this result. Including the passing out. It's all part of our team's master plan.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Look, here's the up and down of it: Who I bet on, wins. It's that simple! First place better woo!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Panty Thief then throws the moleman from the ground, and then people take pot-shots at the airborn moleman.

Fight prior, but I can only imagine that Panty Thief throws the moleman above him and then starts ora-oraing from the ground, his backswings shattering the arena floor under him with his elbows.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Well, looks like archery's back to normal. A clean headshot didn't actually do anything.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I want to applaud you for your brilliant combination of forum and fighter name, seeing "Bad Munki (Coward)" in the lineup cracks me up.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
Awww.

quote:

Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky) charges at Candy Corn Tiger (Spooky)!
Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky) collides with Candy Corn Tiger (Spooky)!
Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky) is knocked over!
Wait, what happened there?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Klokwurk posted:

Awww.

He was just so hungry for that candy corn.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
Bloody hell, I just read some more of the combat log. Most of my team was incredibly delicious, judging by how much we got bitten and shaken around by the heads.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

Bloody hell, I just read some more of the combat log. Most of my team was incredibly delicious, judging by how much we got bitten and shaken around by the heads.

This is the trouble when your fighter concept is essentially a gremlin smoothie. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Klokwurk posted:

Awww.

you know in a cartoon where the guy runs into the fat guy and just bounces off and the fat guy is unmoved

yeah

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Klokwurk posted:

Awww.

Basically, the strangler started charging an enemy, except someone else moved into the tile where the enemy used to be.
The size difference resulted in the goblin bouncing off.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

So what is the smiley for when a yeti throws a mole into the air, the mole gets hit by en elf in the guts so hard that he pukes and the force of that puke changes the trajectory of his flight 90 degrees to spike on his teammate like a flesh-rending vomit comet? Artists!?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Ramc posted:

So what is the smiley for when a yeti throws a mole into the air, the mole gets hit by en elf in the guts so hard that he pukes and the force of that puke changes the trajectory of his flight 90 degrees to spike on his teammate like a flesh-rending vomit comet? Artists!?

I think it's :thurman:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ramc posted:

:perfect:

e: Or

:dunkedon:

e2: I wish I knew (not really) what this one meant, I imagine it's an Undertale spoiler of some sort. :v:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

(Also when you zoom out the splatter of blood and vomit spells out "The Plump Helmets".)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Klokwurk posted:

Awww.

Both charged the same target on the same 'tick'. Candy Corn knocked down the other guy, which left Three Gremlins in a Blender to run into him by accident.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My favorite part is that the yeti was on the ground while throwing. I imagine it like me laying in bed throwing random poo poo at my alarm clock.

Just lazily grabbing something and chucking it while relaxing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

Both charged the same target on the same 'tick'. Candy Corn knocked down the other guy, which left Three Gremlins in a Blender to run into him by accident.

The second half of this:

http://i.imgur.com/NhRhV88.gif

http://i.imgur.com/NhRhV88.gifv
Smaller gifv

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Spermy Smurf posted:

My favorite part is that the yeti was on the ground while throwing. I imagine it like me laying in bed throwing random poo poo at my alarm clock.

Just lazily grabbing something and chucking it while relaxing.

By the toe. That's my favourite part of the whole thing.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Mr. Vile posted:

By the toe. That's my favourite part of the whole thing.

loving incredible.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I suppose I should be glad that my fighter provided a spectacle, even if he was on the wrong end of things.

I'll get you next time, Panty Thief.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
My guy became a hexaplegic. That only made him angry enough to successfully bite through silver plate. :allears:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

My guy became a hexaplegic. That only made him angry enough to successfully bite through silver plate. :allears:

Exactly like how when you lose a sense, the other senses become stronger to compensate.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round Two, Fight Six :siren:

Left, Hell's Dentists!
Madmartigan (gbuchold) the molemarian with pick and shield.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) the yeti and her copper armor almost everywhere but her head, the shaggy fur rising above the plating like a snow cap.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) the dwarf with... well, the same equipment as the other two: copper armor (including helmet), iron pick, shield.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) the elf with hammer and iron tipped extremities but bare torso.

Right, A furry, a farmer, and two cows pretty much handled all the describing for me already.
Goku (Galick) the tigerman has a silver warhammr and leather armor.
Dontellim Pike (John Charity Spring) has an iron pike and a mishmash of armor and basic humanity.
Min/Maxotaur (Anchors) the minotaur has a shield, copper armor, and a broad education.
Rob Ford (Tirius) the minotaur has a hammer, a shield and iron and copper armor.

Flynn is unable to keep up with his swifter teammates and their longer legs. Before he can get to the fight, Pike pikes Madmartigan. Abominable gently parts skin on Pike's eye in retaliation. Krog hits Rob in the arm, and shattered nerves can no longer tell the fingers to grasp the hammer.

Abominable daintily snatches at Pike's thumb, so Pike shifts the pike back and splits her lip open. She tosses him away.

Goku thinks the wounded Madmartigan looks like an easy target, and breaks his spine with a hammer blow. It... doesn't do much. The mole's pick comes around anyway, and shreds the tigerman's leg muscles. He collapses, and the pick just takes off his whole right arm. Ki attacks would have been the way to go, really.

Meanwhile, Pike has been airborne. Abominable punches him in midair, then he falls to the floor. Immediately adjacent, Madmartigan and Goku are savaging each other; the mole's lost the ability to stand and his breathing is labored, and the cat, of course, is down a limb, and the Dentist team member slightly missed the "mouth" thing and instead pulls out the tiger's eye.

With ponderous movements, Abominable reminds us she's not to be forgotten, kicking Pike in the nose so hard that it's smashed into a lump of undifferentiated flesh. She then grabs him by the ear, tears at his foot, and when he doesn't come apart immediately body slams him to the ground, where he loses consciousness.

Meanwhile, Goku suffers worse and worse. You can't win a damage exchange with a mole, and Abominable and Krob both take shots at him as well.

I'm not forgetting Flynn or the minotaurs, mind. Flynn keeps holding their attention, especially Rob Ford's, but they just aren't hurting each other... until now. Flynn catches the Canadian minotaur off guard, and Rob Ford loses a lung and consciousness at the same moment. One, two more strikes and the minotaur is put down with brutal efficiency.

So that's one member of the visitor's team dead, another out of commission, one being three-on-one savaged, one that's trying to put down the mole. On the home team, two members are untouched, one's only got a split lip, and the last one is the mole who's tanking all hits.

All hits.

Anyway, Flynn sneaks up behind Min/Max and seems determined to do an encore performance, striking the minotaur twice and jumping away to avoid return attacks. Not to be outdone, Abominable takes a look at the pick that Goku is holding, and grabs it. But that's not what Goku is using. Goku is using his teeth. He actually bites off the mole's left hand, spitting the severed part on the ground. This convinces Abominable to let go of the pick. Going to bite Madmartigan, hey? Once, maybe. But never twice. The mole's shield is in his other hand, and he smashes all the fangs out of Goku's mouth.

Hell's Dentists indeed.

Teeeeeeth.

Anyway, the mauled-beyond-recognition Goku is dealt a killing blow from behind, courtesy of Flynn.

More dentistry? Sadly, little comes of this.

MadMartigan is still in the fight.

A weird sort of stasis comes over the fight, here. Pick is down and certainly out, but still breathes, and his armor is baffling attempts to cave his skull in. The raging Min/Max rampages a bit, but Krog and a broken hand put a stop to that. Now it's just down to the four Hell's Dentists to put the kibosh on their two downed foes.

Eventually, Abominable remembers how strong she is, and just punches Pike at an angle where his helmet doesn't protect him. What's left is not identifiable as a "head". Finally, Flynn and his pick arrive to help Min/Max's brain demonstrate mitosis, and the fight is over.

What an utterly one-sided, flawless victory for Hell's Dentists. Three dentists in essentially 100% condition, two of them completely untouched, and the last clearly an intentional tank.

Final Score
Hell's Dentists: 4
A furry, a farmer, and two cows: 0

Kills
In Like Flynn: 3
The Abominable Gladiator: 1

Combat Log

Oh, and the final disposition of teeth?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Once again, the home team is victorious!

I suppose it says something about how well-balanced the system is if we can detect a single skill rank on each competitor.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
It's still only a sample size of 14, but the home team has won at a 78% clip. That's not as bad as it was, but I was expecting the percentage to be in the 60s going into this, and I didn't have a chance to run enough tests to verify.

After the third round, the thread can hold a vote on whether to keep home field for the interdivisional matches (rounds 4 through 15), or whether to have them all moved to a neutral site.

The final three rounds of the season are all intradivisional again, and will feature all of the visiting teams from the first three rounds hosting the teams that they visited in the first three rounds, for the sake of balance and fairness.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Once again, the home team is victorious!

I suppose it says something about how well-balanced the system is if we can detect a single skill rank on each competitor.

Yes, though I would have bet on the Dentists even if they were the visitor. They're pretty good.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

*Dentistry Intensifies*

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
It's worth noting that how meaningful the home team advantage is will change as we get to further rounds. I'm not sure in what direction, but it will; as more points trickle in, skills will go up, and thus the amount of difference changes. In absolute terms, it's ever more points for the home team (weapon skill 10 to weapon skill 11 is more points than 3 to 4), but the total ranks might mean it's not as large (I believe weaponskill 4 vs 3 is more of an advantage than 11 vs 10).

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I will never not enjoy yetis throwing, then punching enemies midair.

While Bad Munki's misplaced bet may have given Pickled Tink a large proceed, I am glad others jumped on the obvious winning team enough for me to keep my place as #1 better!

Whop it out.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I was betting strictly for the odds, hoping for an upset and a payday. As always, it didn't pan out.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

I was betting strictly for the odds, hoping for an upset and a payday. As always, it didn't pan out.

I wonder how many times, out of 100 simulations, would Hell's Dentists lose that fight. I'm guessing not many.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Man, my random clicking method is not working out this round of betting.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont remember the teams at all even though I run fights. Certainly not enough to know what fighters are on what team. I randomly place bets, then have to go check to see if I bet on that fight later.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

I dont remember the teams at all even though I run fights. Certainly not enough to know what fighters are on what team. I randomly place bets, then have to go check to see if I bet on that fight later.

Fair. If I had a fighter in this I probably wouldn't care as much about betting. As is, it's the only way I can assert my dominance. :henget:

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
God drat but I almost feel sorry for making my poor suffering tank. On the other hand, he's so rugged I don't feel that bad.

Dontellim Pike (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Goku (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!
Min/Maxotaur (Furry Farm) strikes at Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) but the shot is blocked with the oaken shield!

Three attacks blocked with the shield in rapid succession, while on the ground with two legs crippled and a broken neck. And his next move?
Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) strikes Goku (Furry Farm) in the left eye tooth with his iron pick and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Dentistry. :iit:

fake e: Also, the pick wasn't really being held by Goku so much as...
Madmartigan (Hell Dentists) strikes Goku (Furry Farm) in the upper body with his iron pick, tearing the muscle, shattering the right true ribs and tearing apart the right lung through the large cow leather armor!
The iron pick has lodged firmly in the wound!

AFAICT, he never pulls it free before losing the arm he had it in.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

jon joe posted:

While Bad Munki's misplaced bet may have given Pickled Tink a large proceed, I am glad others jumped on the obvious winning team enough for me to keep my place as #1 better!
I'll overtake you! just you wait and see! :argh:

I wonder what it is with Yeti's throwing people by their fingers and toes. Is it some cultural thing for them? Maybe they believe it is the weak point of all creatures given their history of devastating toe related defeats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Armok is the god of blood and conflict.

He demands it from the world he has created.

With but a thought Armok could wipe this world from existence.

The lesser gods know this. The mortal races know this.

His thirst must be quenched to keep this world safe.

The gods have gathered their champions. The mortals are prepared to sacrifice themselves in the arena.

The altar of Armok awaits...