Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

Every division so far has a pathetic whipping boy team. Lightly Whipped, A furry, farmer and two cows and A Tarantino Film have only managed one kill each in their humiliating defeats. This Bites haven't even achieved that. Not one enemy has fallen to them.

The last match of this round will see the Plump Helmets try to join the Subterranean Animists on three wins out of three. If they achieve a flawless victory, they get a double digit kill difference as well. Their opponents are A Tarantino Film. Will the whipping boys ascend to the ranks of the adequate, or will we see a new front runner stride forth?

I am looking forward to the whipping boy team on whipping boy team fights, myself. Hours of flailing.

Also GO HELMETS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ow...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I think Tarintino Film has, at least, a minor chance at an upset. Uma and Barkley really need to not get incapacitated in the opening charge, though.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I think Tarintino Film has, at least, a minor chance at an upset. Uma and Barkley really need to not get incapacitated in the opening charge, though.

It's more likely than a Lightly Whipped or This Bites pulling an upset on their fights was anyway.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Yeah, A Tarantino Film at least has a passable counter of some sort to all of our fighters. They're just not very likely to use it well.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Ramc posted:

It's more likely than a Lightly Whipped or This Bites pulling an upset on their fights was anyway.

Hell, Lightly Whipped almost did it to us this round. I'm betting all the money I can on A Tarantino Film for this next match.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Captaindirtnap posted:

Hell, Lightly Whipped almost did it to us this round. I'm betting all the money I can on A Tarantino Film for this next match.

Good. More should. Before it is too late.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Captaindirtnap posted:

the biggest problem is that my predictions about everything are consistently wrong so sorry about your money

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

please do not bet on A Tarantino Film so that when they win I get more money.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:siren: Round 3, Fight 5 :siren:

(But for real this time)

The Plump Helmets, the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper spear and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots, and his reputation for crowd-pleasing over-the-top violence is well-established.

A Tarantino Film, the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (AnoHito) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears leather armor.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

The Plump Helmets are a 2.04 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11702.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 5749.00 dwarfbucks for A Tarantino Film.

Josie and Snarls are our speedsters today, though the first shot is blocked. The first actual damage is James, whose halberd removes Uma's foot. Uma falls over, then, from the floor, manages to bite Dory's eyelid. In response, Dory puts a copper spear to Uma, stabbing her so hard that her spleen ruptures and her teeth cannot maintain their eyelid grip.

Also, Snarls bites off James's teeth.

Back to Uma. More attacks from Dory and James. It doesn't take many more for James to chop her head off. The Plump Helmets have taken an early, if not unexpected, lead. Solomon the anklebiter bites Panty's ankle, but finds greaves in the way and starts grieving.

Positioning? Hah! Urist happily stands in the center of everything, defying anyone to attack him. James chops at his foot. Uh, didn't this just happen? Urist attempts to break James's toes, so Josie breaks his leg with her mace. Urist is not as wimpy as Uma, though. He bulls through, then punchs James in the gut, hard enough that James is suddenly worried about blowing chunks. James manages one more attack, slightly damaging one of Urist's toes. That's too much. Urist is down.

But, wait, what's this? Before that, Solomon bit James in the leg! Paralytic venom floods through him. He pukes. Even as he's ralphing it up, Josie brains Urist.

Two down, two to go.

James probably won't be much more help, though. Puking, paralyzed, unconscious, and disarmed. Snarls and Solomon are unharmed, completely. Panty Thief hasn't bothered to be useful yet. So it's still sort of two on two.

Oh, and James finally has his tooth land next to him.

So, now Snarls is up to bat. Surely he'll do better than the two fallen teammates. Dory stabs him in two limbs and he's lost his shield and his consciousness. Oh, and now James has managed to overcome paralysis. Surely the rest of those issues will go away shortly, too.

Dory stabs Snarls one more time, and the skull outright shatters. One foe remains.

Panty has been fighting with Solomon for a bit. It's... not gone well for the serpent. Armor prevents his bites, and so far he's been stunned by Panty's charge.

More teeth land.

Panty throws Solomon into the air by one finger, punches him in midair, and then Solomon falls to the floor. Josie thinks Solomon isn't doing it right, and demonstrates by biting him. Panty and Dory try more effective methods. Solomon is not doing well. It's actually still Josie who puts him out, though, as shaking him around with her mouth puts him out.

Now it's a race between Josie's mace of skull-fractures, the sheer force of Dory's spear, and Panty's chiropracty to see who gets the kill. Even as Panty chokes him, though, it's Josie who actually breaks his brain.

Final Score
The Plump Helmets: 4
A Tarantino Film: 0

Kills
Josie the Bludgeonatrix: 2
Dory: 1
James LargeSausage: 1

Combat Log

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A Tarantino film confirmed as whipping boys. Plump Helmets join the Subterranean Animists as unbeaten frontrunners.

Now let's get this show on the road.

The first inter-divisional round sees the Helmets, leaders of Syrupleaf, face the Spooky Scary Skeletons, leaders of Gemclod. The Animists face Team 13, with the Heavyweight Horrorshow off the top of Boatmurdered only by kill difference. There are no all-whipping boy matches.

The front runners for top kill count are as follows.

6: Albrik the insignificant
5: Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, Three Gremlins in a Blender, Dusseldwarf, Qwarf and Dory.
4: 7 gladiators
3: 3 gladiators
2: 12 gladiators
1: 16 gladiators
0: 20 gladiators.

The divisional top killers: Srirarcha for Boatmurdered, Three Gremlins for Gemclod, Albrik for Syrupleaf and Qwarf and Dusseldwarf for Bronzestabbed.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 15, 2015

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Have I mentioned yet that I hate you all?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are we supposed to get a new batch of build points for this new round? My total only went from 30 to 60.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
My fighter has two chains.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

That fight log is especially brutal. Jesus christ, Josie.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ramc posted:

That fight log is especially brutal. Jesus christ, Josie.

Harsh, but fair.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Every night I curse the hundred or so participation points I missed

I didn't know those were a thiiing

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Oh for loving out loud! Even with a golden opportunity and three distracted opponents Snarls does nothing.

Last lime I let Treeloved handle pre-season training.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

A good poster posted:

Are we supposed to get a new batch of build points for this new round? My total only went from 30 to 60.

Not between rounds like this. Just going into the playoffs.

We are what? A quarter of the way done regular season?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
One-sixth. We get 3 versus our division, then 12 versus each team from the other divisions, then the 3 reverse home/away fixtures from our own division before the playoffs.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
With the first three rounds out of the way, I vote to abolish the home team advantage.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Pickled Tink posted:

With the first three rounds out of the way, I vote to abolish the home team advantage.

I am also all for removing the home field advantage on the next 12 fights (and keeping it for the last 3 intra-division ones, to balance out the first 3 rounds where it existed.)

All these teams will only fight each other once in the pre-season, so we might as well make it even for that one fight.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Agreed.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
It makes sense to have the interdivisional rounds at a neutral venue since each side only plays the others once.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
Wouldn't it be fairer to wait another round before dropping the advantage, so all teams have had 2 home rounds?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

grobbendonk posted:

Wouldn't it be fairer to wait another round before dropping the advantage, so all teams have had 2 home rounds?

No, because we reinstate the bonus for the last three rounds, which are the reverse fixtures for the first three. Everyone ends up with 3 home, 3 away and 12 neutral.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Abolish the home rounds.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: I'll give everyone another day to vote on whether to keep home advantage for the 12 interdivisional rounds, but it looks like early sentiment is heavily in favor of removing it.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'm also in favor of removing it. I think it's an unnecessary thumb on the scales of team building and/or luck.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I vote to run it one way, and then if my team loses, redo the match the other way, and if we still lose, continue changing it and redoing the match until my team wins, then keep that result

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

I vote to run it one way, and then if my team loses, redo the match the other way, and if we still lose, continue changing it and redoing the match until my team wins, then keep that result

One of the biggest unsolvable mysteries in computer science is the halting problem - there is no general method for determining whether an algorithm is terminating or non-terminating, and we have to constantly build new proofs for specific cases.

Fortunately, we can build outwards from obvious results. Your algoritm, for instance, is non-terminating.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I would drop the home field advantage. Put it back in for last 3 rounds like someone said.

I am on mobile, someone got a win/loss record for home teams?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Voting no home field advantage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Seven matches have been won by the away team, out of the 24 matches run so far.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AJ_Impy posted:

No, because we reinstate the bonus for the last three rounds, which are the reverse fixtures for the first three. Everyone ends up with 3 home, 3 away and 12 neutral.
If we do it this way, I'm in favor of removing the bonus.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
I vote to remove it.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
I'm inclined to agree, it's been fun and all but it just decreases the odds of underdog teams winning, which is half the fun of these tournies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remove and also give mongo 6000 points

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Remove it, too many boring fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's really bad, get rid of it.